Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Oh yes, the inevitable meltdowns.

I on my hand ordered the 6-vinyl box, and will buy the 2-lp set and the cd:s in a local store on the 19th of August. It'll be fun. :)

And according to them, Rhino Focus is releasing the compilation!  Warner distributes it.

https://www.bengans.se/sv/artiklar/madonna-finally-enough-love-2lp-black.html

After all this wait I didn't expect the news to drop suddently now. Unlike some users here I really like the deluxe cover, it instantly reminded me of Celebration, but better somehow. Just wished the cover would have only included the singles actually included in the compilation but that's a detail.

Also I didn't expect unreleased remixes to be there. The alternate Single Mix of Keep It Together especially is a nice surprise (we do know from the CD picture how it will sound like already, it's great to have new versions released officially like this). The video and promo remixes are also nice treats. Can't wait to have it in my hands ! :)

The remaster of Into The Groove on Spotify sounds really good to me. Especially compared to Ray Of Light album version that played automatically after it ended. It got me excited to get Ray Of Light in this quality when the reissue will come out. 

I wonder what source they had to work with.

7 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

Is Rough Trade (UK) the only place to get the red?  I bought the 6LP set from Rhino and the 2LP black from Rhino and the Silver from Amazon.  Looking for the red.  Does Rough Trade immediately charge?

RT charge on dispatch. The red vinyl is the indie exclusive so it's available most smaller stores

Norman

Badlands

Vinyl Tap

8 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

Is Rough Trade (UK) the only place to get the red?  I bought the 6LP set from Rhino and the 2LP black from Rhino and the Silver from Amazon.  Looking for the red.  Does Rough Trade immediately charge?

I got it from https://www.resident-music.com/ and already charged.

Can I say I'm torn? Please don't kill me...

I immediately bought the 6LP for 180 euros but now I am thinking about canceling the order. The 3 cds and 2LPs (especially if I manage to buy the beautiful silver edition from Amazon) could be more than enough, considering that I am not a fan of remixes (and there is nothing really new) and I am still not convinced about the quality of the artwork (12 pages only for the booklet). I am super happy that something is finally moving and as more surprises are announced I wonder if it's better to save money for these...

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic