Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

My only complaint is that Who's that Girl was skipped on the Immaculate Collection and now Causing a Commotion is sidelined on this collection.  Both were number ones in their respective charts.  Madonna has so many friggin hits that it is nearly impossible to fit everything.  As for the collection being edits... I think that is a great choice!  The collection is already 220+ minutes long.  I can see myself listening to 50 edits more frequently vs (50) 8 to 12 minute songs.  The art is fun!  I prefer the 50 song cover but she looks great on both and I pre-ordered both on cd, vinyl and digital.  This collection is gonna be fun and I am so relieved that it is loaded with classics rather than reinvention features.  I would have supported it regardless but these choices make me sooooo happy.

27 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

God, this looks even worse in HQ :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of this collection, I've been wanting something like this for years. I was just hoping for an epic cover, and at least the standard one is top quality (even if it's pretty effortless), but this one... No. Just no.

After seeing previous artwork that features different eras like GHV2 or Celebtration... this one is, as I said, mediocre.

I don’t understand the hate for the box cover. It’s not the album cover, but just the box that contains the 6 records and book.

Most artists just make a plain one with text. We’re getting a fun cheesy one. I think it’s great for this release and I’m glad they went all out.

what I’m dying to see are the 6 sleeves inside which were not included in the product image

This is exciting and my Spotify gym playlist will be all the better for it!

I don't buy physical releases anymore so I'm shocked that a person would buy the same release multiple times over just because the vinyl is a different colour. I get the concept of collecting but where does that decision-making stem from?

I really like the abridged version's more minimal and modern artwork. I wish the 50-track version's releases were in the same vein, but with a different angle of her face and a different colour than red. Wierd disconnect there, at first glance.

18 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

What a fantastic time to be a Madonna fan, 40 years into her career. Just this week and in recent months/past few years we got

• a surprise live performance with one of greatest admirers singing about his home town in his home town (I know opinions differ how good this was, but she got up and did it)
  • last month the RSD WTG Superclub mix, previously practically unavailable on any official format
  • endless digital releases of her past hits with lots of remixes for streaming over the past few years
  • remix of one of her best songs (personally don't like the remix, but that's just me)
  • Upscale videos
  • LOTS of new lewks (I really wish the pink hair photos were the cover for this)
  • VMA tribute

We all have our opinions about the quality and artistic merit of most of these above, but you cannot deny that for someone this deep into their career, this is amazing output.

And now we get this, 6LP of all her number 1s, in new mixes many that practically a lot of us have never heard. I said it earlier and will say it again, WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!! Plus  credit card is dying!

All hail the Queen! 

Ummm... what happened to the upscales?

The fuck is Emily doing now??

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Most artists just make a plain one with text.

I think about this sometimes and it's just hilarious. We M fans got mad even at her best album covers and videos expecting to see a new world in them, because she's a visual artist, when overall artists just slap a B&W photo of them on every album cover or even puts an empty pic with music videos being just rehearsal of their performances, the standard is so different 😂 

22 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

What a fantastic time to be a Madonna fan, 40 years into her career. Just this week and in recent months/past few years we got

• a surprise live performance with one of greatest admirers singing about his home town in his home town (I know opinions differ how good this was, but she got up and did it)
  • last month the RSD WTG Superclub mix, previously practically unavailable on any official format
  • endless digital releases of her past hits with lots of remixes for streaming over the past few years
  • remix of one of her best songs (personally don't like the remix, but that's just me)
  • Upscale videos
  • LOTS of new lewks (I really wish the pink hair photos were the cover for this)
  • VMA tribute

We all have our opinions about the quality and artistic merit of most of these above, but you cannot deny that for someone this deep into their career, this is amazing output.

And now we get this, 6LP of all her number 1s, in new mixes many that practically a lot of us have never heard. I said it earlier and will say it again, WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!! Plus  credit card is dying!

All hail the Queen! 

Don’t forget we also got the Rebel Heart tour on vinyl on both purple and yellow variants 

2 minutes ago, vncsmoraes said:

love the art for these, love the project, love the into the groove remaster... am a little confused as to why she didn't include all the songs that made up the 50 number ones this album based off but okay

She likes to tease the girls. She wants us to want it, need it, wait for it.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic