Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Day 2, and once again, Aldo can choke with his lack of taste and talent, Madonna too for choosing him. Not to mention that "I Don't Search, I Find" seems to be missing from the list of number ones printed on the toilet paper behind her, a massive oversight considering the collection is named after it!
Mostly happy with the huge tracklist, the biggest pet peeve is the Hollywood remix she chose, when the Jacques Lu Cont, Paul Oakenfold and Micronauts mixes are all vastly superior.

50 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This remix album is a perfect excuse to release another greatest hits compilation without the fatigue that would be going directly against her own previous compilations.

The 50 Dance Number Ones milestone is the perfect excuse to release this and the general public will see as a greatest hits album anyway, while the hardcore fans can enjoy rare promo mixes and collector's editions.

Even if you don't like it, it's the perfect first step for the reissues campaign. They need to kick it off with a bang and remind everyone that she's Madonna, the popstar with the hits.

Agree 100%, this release has something for everyone, mega fans, general public, collectors, everyone. Also to kick off the Warner partnership i agree it has a much bigger bang with the casual fan base and general public that a reissue with unreleased on one of her albums. I guarantee people will listen to this and be reminded of how influential and prolific Madonna was. Also a good spring board to whip up excitement and refamiliarise people with her body or work before the biopic. 

You cant please everyone, but I think this is about as good as it is going to get for the greatest number of people.

Aside from the less than thrilling artwork, people need to stop finding reasons to complain about this release. It offers something for everyone and who actually thought we were going to be getting 50 completely revamped tracks? Personally, I don't get very excited about these types of releases but I think its all cool and a good way to put her legacy in perspective. Still a bit shocked that Causing A Commotion was not included, I have always adored that song. 

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I do respect people that are happy with it but i also have the right to say that i expected something else. To me she did nothing more than give a list to Mike Dean and tell him "Remaster them and make them no longer than 4 minutes" and that's it, so yes i call it lazy. What i was expecting was that she would give a brand new and fresh twist to some of her classics, maybe not on the 50 but some of them at least. Look at these last couple of years, some major singers's classic have been on heavy rotation by giving them new mixes ; Whitney remixed by Kygo "Higher love", also Kygo remixed Donna Summer "Hot stuff", Elton and Dua track remixed, The Black eyed peas and their track sampling " La isla bonita"... She could have easily do a few remixes with all those remixers she goes clubbing with all the time like Honey Dijon, she's also been in studio with the Weeknd... Can you imagine she had just made 3 new mixes, nothing more : "Vogue - Honey Dijon mix" (a hit in the clubs), "Holiday featuring the black eyed peas" (a hit this summer) and another classic remixed by the Weeknd and its 80's electro style. Then do a new photoshoot for the releases, shot new videos (she's been able to shot two videos in a monhs for those Frozen remixes)... This is the kind of effort i was expecting, just 3 new mixes for the summer and the rest you can put the classic mixes. Of some people are not happy with my opinion that's ok, i have the right to express it without being agressive. This is a discussion board.

Frozen SICKICK? 😁Pop Tv Hello GIF by Schitt's Creek

22 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Day 2, and once again, Aldo can choke with his lack of taste and talent, Madonna too for choosing him. Not to mention that "I Don't Search, I Find" seems to be missing from the list of number ones printed on the toilet paper behind her, a massive oversight considering the collection is named after it!
Mostly happy with the huge tracklist, the biggest pet peeve is the Hollywood remix she chose, when the Jacques Lu Cont, Paul Oakenfold and Micronauts mixes are all vastly superior.

I'm actually having a little breakdown this morning over this artwork, it feels shit... Why would she agree on something she did 13 years ago??? Not to compare it to that beautiful work for sure but it looks so cheap. 😔😑

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

You're right, it does, but the original too...

(Turn up the volume!)

With the remastering is just clearer.

Personally I don't mind when the clip/glitch whatever is already on the original, I just take it as the way the song is. Another examples:

"Vogue" 7:33/7:34:

"Drowned World/Substitute For Love" 2:27 (the word "Lovers"):

I discovered the last one recently and I was checking every edition and yeah, it's everywhere, so it's part of the song. :tongue:

Anyway, back to the "new" "Into The Groove" remix: sounds promising. It's not perfect, cause it's loud as f**k, but I was comparing it yesterday with the "Celebration" remasters and even "True Blue 35th" and it's, ahem, miles away. Can't wait to have another pre-order track released to compare it too.

If it was properly remastered there would be zero flaws. As an audio engineer i can tell you clipping means sh*t wasn’t done properly. And if it clipped in its original release,  they have a new opportunity with this release to go back to the multitracks and do a fresh mix before mastering. The fact this isn’t being done for one of the greatest artists to walk the earth is tragic. 

22 minutes ago, jonjon2 said:

If it was properly remastered there would be zero flaws. As an audio engineer i can tell you clipping means sh*t wasn’t done properly. And if it clipped in its original release,  they have a new opportunity with this release to go back to the multitracks and do a fresh mix before mastering. The fact this isn’t being done for one of the greatest artists to walk the earth is tragic. 

I guess you're right, but personally I don't want anything present on the original recording to be lost with the remaster. That's like changing history.

Personal preference, of course.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I guess you're right, but personally I don't want anything present on the original recording to be lost with the remaster. That's like changing history.

Personal preference, of course.

It would depend upon the skill of whoever is engineering everything. Nothing would be lost on a remaster if she actually took the time to get someone half decent unlike Celebration.

Just now, Aladdin Sane said:

It would depend upon the skill of whoever is engineering everything. Nothing would be lost on a remaster if she actually took the time to get someone half decent unlike Celebration.

"Celebration" actually ADDED glitches and s**t to some songs, it's the opposite of a good remaster yes hahaha.

What I mean is that if the 12'' remix of "Vogue" originally had a tape or residual sound from the mixing and that's the way it was, I don't want some 2022 engineer deciding that's not correct and taking it out. Cause it was part of the song and the producer and Madonna decided it was OK to have it there. My point. :)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic