Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

3 hours ago, madonafrk said:

I am always excited for anything new that Madonna releases to the fans - but am a little bit bummed that it is not NEW music and it just being another - "Greatest Hits Collection" being released! Same music, same songs, same "they all sound alike" remixes.....

Don't get me wrong, I am excited for this but just wish it was something fresh and new! 

Another greatest hits? We’ve not had a greatest hits since 2009 it’s way overdue. People are not interested in new music it’s her back catalogue that needs the treatment to reattract people. This compilation is the best thing that could happen for her. 

Just ordered the Walmart Release.  It’ll be cool to have one album sealed.  Or make a great gift at some point down the road.  I think I’ll open the Amazon Silver version.  (My initial purchase.)  Still kicking myself for missing the six record set. I didn’t realize that that was going to be so dang limited.   Hopefully, there is another release or something.  Pretty bummed I already missed out.

PS — I think in general, this is a pretty amazing release. I was Mr Cd Maxi-Single for decades and am thus VERY familiar with some of these mixes.  Her choice of remixes often matches my own.  Many of the choices on here are ones I would have picked.  So Bravo — Madonna.  And the rarer tracks like SKIN are really pretty dang awesome.

My only quibble — I wish SPOTLIGHT had been on this record rather than PHYSICAL ATTRACTION.  It’s simply a MUCH better song and Oh-so-Madonna!

Another remix that is NOT here that is amazing  (sadly, it’s understandable that it was left off as it was NOT a #1) is William Orbit’s Guerrilla Beach Mix of I’LL REMEMBER that massively foreshadowed Ray of Light… many years and several albums earlier….

Edited by Markdonna (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Just ordered the Walmart Release.  It’ll be cool to have one album sealed.  Or make a great gift at some point down the road.  I think I’ll open the Amazon Silver version.  (My initial purchase.)  Still kicking myself for missing the six record set. I didn’t realize that that was going to be so dang limited.   Hopefully, there is another release or something.  Pretty bummed I already missed out.

I think it's still for sale on Warner websites? 

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s a cute collection but I’m a lot more interested to see what she comes up with the first album re issue to see what unreleased songs in the archives we will get - I find it hard to excited over stuff we mostly already have - I could make these compilation CDs on my laptop …

That's only because you got them all for free online so unlikely you'll appreciate the value of anything she releases under the catalogue deal - eg if she does Ray Of Light 25 next year and includes some of the demos, I imagine you'll be saying the same 

26 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

No - I spoke to Brendon and it's a variation - the correct and final approved version is on all the other vinyls. Not sure why the Walmart one uses an earlier version

Hi! Perhaps this is a silly question but do you know if the red sticker on the cover is removable or is it part of the actual artwork? Thanks in advance.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic