Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

That's only because you got them all for free online so unlikely you'll appreciate the value of anything she releases under the catalogue deal - eg if she does Ray Of Light 25 next year and includes some of the demos, I imagine you'll be saying the same 

This is a good point. Fans are always begging for unreleased material but so much stuff now has leaked that the hardcore fans will probably have most of what’s worth hearing.

For me personally I would love to have all the remixes of each era compiled in one boxset.

Eg. For each project: 

- Original album

- 2 disc of remixes and b-sides

- 1 or 2 disc of unreleased demos

- dvd with music videos, concert or live tv performances 

Just having all the remixes and bonus tracks from an era on vinyl will be spectacular. Of course I can “make my own” with dodgy leaked MP3’s but that is not the same.

The Prince and George Michael packages are perfect examples.

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

No - I spoke to Brendon and it's a variation - the correct and final approved version is on all the other vinyls. Not sure why the Walmart one uses an earlier version

Does this mean that the Walmart edition will have an exclusive cover or it’s just the wrong design in the product image?

17 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Does this mean that the Walmart edition will have an exclusive cover or it’s just the wrong design in the product image?

I'm assuming the product image used an earlier version of the artwork before the final approved artwork based on Brendon's advice. I'm also wondering if this is why the hype sticker is different too - as in Walmart may not be using the latest product design image on their website 

28 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Not for the fans that keep them unopened :lol:

Guilty

31 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

This is a good point. Fans are always begging for unreleased material but so much stuff now has leaked that the hardcore fans will probably have most of what’s worth hearing.

For me personally I would love to have all the remixes of each era compiled in one boxset.

Eg. For each project: 

- Original album

- 2 disc of remixes and b-sides

- 1 or 2 disc of unreleased demos

- dvd with music videos, concert or live tv performances 

Just having all the remixes and bonus tracks from an era on vinyl will be spectacular. Of course I can “make my own” with dodgy leaked MP3’s but that is not the same.

The Prince and George Michael packages are perfect examples.

Exactly -  I love what we have got for Finally Enough Love and the Prince and George Michael reissues are perfect examples of how it should be done 

17 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think it’s likely they sold most of them.

It could be the case but it’s hard to know for sure. It seems like every vinyl release nowadays is “limited,” you rush to buy it and then suddenly they press more. It’s a real marketing tactic they have over us lately with this stuff. It wouldn’t even shock me in the slightest if they sold out the 6000 and then decided to press more if the demand was there.

For eg, I thought that Madame X Pride vinyl was supposed to be “limited” as was the box set. Yet I still see them everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It could be the case but it’s hard to know for sure. It seems like every vinyl release nowadays is “limited,” you rush to buy it and then suddenly they press more. It’s a real marketing tactic they have over us lately with this stuff. It wouldn’t even shock me in the slightest if they sold out the 6000 and then decided to press more if the demand was there.

For eg, I thought that Madame X Pride vinyl was supposed to be “limited” as was the box set. Yet I still see them everywhere.

The demand wasn't there for MX - outside of the blue / teale limited vinyl - 1000 copies

The demand is there for this as it's the only vinyl pressing of the second album Finally Enough Love:  50 Number Ones. There's no other vinyl versions where as the Finally Enough Love album has 4 variations of vinyl - so far

If people do miss out this time, it might actually inspire them to move quicker next time. There's a lot of fans kicking themselves they didn't buy the Celebration 4LP when they could - and it sat on shelves for around 2 years 

6 hours ago, dominbil said:

Apart from the 6 lp, which color from the 2 lp do you like the most ? The red ? The silver? The clear ? The black ? 

I was very tempted by the silver but i got the red one :)

what about you ? 

i think the red is the rarest one

I've got a feeling the clear vinyl will be the rarest. Indie exclusives (red) tend to be plentiful, as do Amazon exclusives (silver). 

Potentially the black with the free slipmat, if it's genuinely exclusive and not included with every copy. 

4 minutes ago, FameForLove said:

I've got a feeling the clear vinyl will be the rarest. Indie exclusives (red) tend to be plentiful, as do Amazon exclusives (silver). 

Potentially the black with the free slipmat, if it's genuinely exclusive and not included with every copy. 

Agreed, the red seems the most widely available across vendors. If the Walmart red truly has a slightly different cover that might be the most rare. Amazon I don't know.. on Amazon Germany it's sold out, but if it's still available on US/UK that doesn't seem very limited. So, I think clear and/or slipmat as well.

33 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

The writing across her forehead is slightly different; apparently, it's an earlier draft..  However, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up looking exactly the same.

As much as I love variants of the slightest type, I hate that hideous text. so even if it is different, unless I can get it for its original price I will do without it 🤪

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic