Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 minute ago, ScottyX said:

"In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted"

One of the 50. But the album has 50 which doesn't include CAC . So 50 plus CAC = 51

Of all the acronyms CAC always makes laugh the most. TUTBMP sounds like it should be a disco track

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Madonna and Warner can insert the Who's That Girl era in the You Can Dance era (like other artists with their deluxe discography). I remember both eras mixed in the same year.

Do you really think we'll be lucky enough to get a Deluxe edition of You Can Dance?  I'd be thrilled, but I'm not so sure it'll happen.

34 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

"In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted"

One of the 50. But the album has 50 which doesn't include CAC . So 50 plus CAC = 51

They’ve included 2 songs from You Can Dance which is counted as 1 of the number 1’s

39 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

A double LP of the original album and the Dubs remastered would do me

That's a good start. MY deluxe would look like this:

CD1: The album remastered, plus the five dubs. (There's enough room for them all)
CD2: The unmixed versions plus the radio edits. (This would work if we skip Physical Attraction and Over And Over. The unmixed version of PA is on the first album, and OaO is already unmixed. All you miss is a second of that "steam" sound)
Add a book with beautiful pictures and stories about Madonna's significance to dance remixes.

A bonus DVD with Madonna Live In Japan 1987 would be the icing on the cake. :01:

25 minutes ago, Humanfly said:

i have a remix of god control that i LOVE. 

i guess god control didn't hit number one on dance charts! she  could do a companion release : 20 # 2's

It's so weird that they didn't release a 12" of God Control instead of that boring I Rise.
God Control had HIT and FLOORFILLER written all over it. I Rise didn't.

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think they want to stick to 50 songs, since it's "50 Number ones". It makes sense. And Madonna chose more first album songs form the You can dance #1 over Causing a commotion

I mean I'd agree but she's already doing a 16 track version so I don't think the rules are that hard and fast so we'll see x

56 minutes ago, Celebration said:

That's a good start. MY deluxe would look like this:

CD1: The album remastered, plus the five dubs. (There's enough room for them all)
CD2: The unmixed versions plus the radio edits. (This would work if we skip Physical Attraction and Over And Over. The unmixed version of PA is on the first album, and OaO is already unmixed. All you miss is a second of that "steam" sound)
Add a book with beautiful pictures and stories about Madonna's significance to dance remixes.

A bonus DVD with Madonna Live In Japan 1987 would be the icing on the cake. :01:

It seems unlikely. And I bet the Who’s That Girl songs/remixes will not be part of the upcoming re-issues either, probably why they did a special for RSD.

4 hours ago, ScottyX said:

Lol no. It’s 50 cause they included Physical Attraction. Which was not a number one outside of you can dance 

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Didn't they just frame it like the Record store day release of Who's That Girl / Causing A Commotion  was sort of an advance of the FEL project.. not that they didn't want to include it? I can understand how this wouldn't fit on the 3cd version but there is no excuse to not have it on Digital and Streaming  services. 

Do we actually have reliable CD time lengths yet?

Why wouldn’t it fit?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic