Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

I like that Physical Attraction is included. It makes the compilation even more unique. Maybe it will be considered as a promo reissue single for the summer! Wishing it might possibly have new remixes by Honey Dijon too, or something! 

The vibe is super-sexy late night dance-floor!

I was bothered by the cover art, but now I think it's iconic and suspect it will be stunning in person! I can't wait!

"You say that you need my love;
And you're wanting my body, I don't mind ..."

9 minutes ago, Rory said:

I like that Physical Attraction is included. It makes the compilation even more unique. Maybe it will be considered as a promo reissue single for the summer! Wishing it might possibly have new remixes by Honey Dijon too, or something! 

The vibe is super-sexy late night dance-floor!

I was bothered by the cover art, but now I think it's iconic and suspect it will be stunning in person! I can't wait!

"You say that you need my love;
And you're wanting my body, I don't mind ..."

YES.

Ms. Physical Attraction needs some love and recognition after almost 4 decades. With the remix album, I'm confident she'll be loved by many. 😁

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It wouldn’t be Madonna if a puzzling strange decision like that wasn’t made lol.

If she loves that song so much why wouldn’t she perform it on any of her tours?

It probably didn't fit into any of the shows, she did sing a line of it during a soundcheck in 2012 

https://fb.watch/c_E-qDBXH7/

It's likely as she is working on the film, she was looking at her early days in NYC and the club performances so wanted to include it.

10 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It probably didn't fit into any of the shows, she did sing a line of it during a soundcheck in 2012 

It's likely as she is working on the film, she was looking at her early days in NYC and the club performances so wanted to include it.

I agree - it wouldn't have fitted in with MDNA - could have with RH in the 'free style section' - 

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

Yea true! In the material girl / burning up section -

Guess you meant the Borderline (2008) / Dress You Up (2009) part since Material Girl and Burning Up were performed during the ReInvention Tour.

I could totally see it during this part of the S&S Setlist, plus it's less demanding vocally than Borderline for sure.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:28 PM, Aiwa08 said:

Many fans has the 4LP vinyl and they don't know what is "Discogs".  And I own the Celebration 4LP vinyl and I'm not a member of Discogs. It wasn't a very limited release. You could buy it anywhere (at least in 2009).

But vinyls were not that popular at that time so even though it wasn't limited perhaps there are not that many in circulation?

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Also I seem to recall her acknowledging this song a few times since then. I think she knows it's a fan favourite.

12 hours ago, slutpride said:

I don't get the love for CaC. Cock is amazing, CaC is a sad limp cock.

It was a big hit though and she has never acknowledged it since 1990. I think that's why people are so obsessed over it. It's the same with Rescue Me and Gambler. They used to obsess over Dress You Up and Who's That Girl before they were performed and included on a compilation. It is fair enough if something was a big hit that people would want it to be on compilations and performed.

22 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It was a big hit though and she has never acknowledged it since 1990. I think that's why people are so obsessed over it. It's the same with Rescue Me and Gambler. They used to obsess over Dress You Up and Who's That Girl before they were performed and included on a compilation. It is fair enough if something was a big hit that people would want it to be on compilations and performed.

Causing A Commotion was part of the early rehearsals for RHT so we almost got it again.

Gambler is the most wanted and that started with the campaign as a request song in 2008 for S+S 

Dress You Up, along side Burning Up, Material Girl etc were nice surprises for RIT in 2004 but never obsessed over - as for Who's That Girl, True Blue was the most celebrated during RHT when we got them after 28 years. As much as I love it, I don't think WTG has aged well, even in 1990. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic