Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I can't believe Celebration is priced as high as 2500. 

I own all vinyl except that one (sealed and mint).  I consider the Celebration album to be an Apostate.  So many omissions (entire eras) ...and the mastering and edit errors.  I bought the cd version of Celebration only and I never do that.  I definitely prefer Finally Enough Love.  I am excited for the expanded discography.  

58 minutes ago, FameForLove said:

You mean the UK is no longer in the EU, it's still in Europe and not going anywhere as far as I know. 

Duties get added for items over €150, not €25. VAT is applied to all items from UK to EU, regardless of price. Which you already pay for purchases in your own country. Ultimately they dispatch from the UK because it's the biggest market in Europe, followed by Germany then France. Labels are business and like any business they follow the money. 

seems duties get added at any costs now,i think...ordering...from uk here...so sad this did happen and is kinda reality now...i'm gonna look out for a release order in august 19,hopefully i can find it somewhere at a normal buy in europe....🤔🙄😏🤩🤩🤩

3 hours ago, FameForLove said:

You mean the UK is no longer in the EU, it's still in Europe and not going anywhere as far as I know. 

Duties get added for items over €150, not €25. VAT is applied to all items from UK to EU, regardless of price. Which you already pay for purchases in your own country. Ultimately they dispatch from the UK because it's the biggest market in Europe, followed by Germany then France. Labels are business and like any business they follow the money. 

Anything over €25 I've received by mail in the last 2 years which has come from the UK, I've had to pay additional charges before receiving it, be that VAT or customs duties. Either way, things cost me more coming from London than they do coming from Paris of Frankfurt. Which is why some online traders such as ASOS opened new depots in mainland Europe instead of dispatching from England for their EU customers, so as not to put them off. My point was that Warners should consider doing the same.

4 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I own all vinyl except that one (sealed and mint).  I consider the Celebration album to be an Apostate.  So many omissions (entire eras) ...and the mastering and edit errors.  I bought the cd version of Celebration only and I never do that.  I definitely prefer Finally Enough Love.  I am excited for the expanded discography.  

That's a coping method :) I'm sure you'll buy it if it's reissued at some point 

I’m not a huge fan of Celebration but I feel a record collection of her studio albums without it is simply incomplete. And unfortunately I don’t see it being repressed ever again. 
The price gouging is absolutely ridiculous. It’s rare but the correct value should be somewhere around 300 bucks. 

5 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Since she's back, I can foresee all her LP albums will be reissued very soon.

Just be patient!

Of course I can be wrong but I don’t see celebration being reissued. It’s s strange compilation that wasn’t that well received and cuts off at a random point, in 2008. 
And it’s on 4 discs which is a big requirement for the factories that are already having a hard time keeping up with demand. 

12 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Of course I can be wrong but I don’t see celebration being reissued. It’s s strange compilation that wasn’t that well received and cuts off at a random point, in 2008. 
And it’s on 4 discs which is a big requirement for the factories that are already having a hard time keeping up with demand. 

take your point but they don't have problems pressing every colour under the rainbow :)

19 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

take your point but they don't have problems pressing every colour under the rainbow :)

That’s different though cause they just use a different color wax. When it comes to a four disc album it’s much more work. Basically it’s taking the spot of two to four other albums they could press and that would generate more sales than this. 

Honestly I just want

An Immaculate Recollection

for a forthcoming greatest hits. That brand is too iconic and would just further add to the certifications. 

like… do what you want with the cover but keep the logo and branding and font etc. Four disc boxset

Four individual CD’s to buy.. whatever. Just bring it around again. She’ll never do anything better. The Royal / Religious aspect is so perfect for her. 
Unless they make an absolutely stunning collection like the mock ups we saw around the time of celebration. Some of those were breathtaking. 

Finally Enough Love looks cheap as hell and she already did that vibe with Celebration. 

I’d really like some beauty rather than pop art personally. Obviously not right for a remix collection but for a future greatest hits around the biopic. Give me class mutha. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Honestly I just want

for a forthcoming greatest hits. That brand is too iconic and would just further add to the certifications. 

like… do what you want with the cover but keep the logo and branding and font etc. Four disc boxset

Four individual CD’s to buy.. whatever. Just bring it around again. She’ll never do anything better. The Royal / Religious aspect is so perfect for her. 
Unless they make an absolutely stunning collection like the mock ups we saw around the time of celebration. Some of those were breathtaking. 

Finally Enough Love looks cheap as hell and she already did that vibe with Celebration. 

I’d really like some beauty rather than pop art personally. Obviously not right for a remix collection but for a future greatest hits around the biopic. Give me class mutha. 

I 100% agree with you about the IC. I think they should have done the same with Finally Enough Love. It should be an expanded multi disc deluxe edition of You Can Dance titled "You Can Dance: 50 Number Ones".

13 hours ago, steady75 said:

Honestly I just want

THANK YOU. I dont mind pop art but it's redundant at this point AND awfully executed. I really have no clue how anyone can like that deluxe art. Looks like a failed abortion of GHV2 and Celebration and SO gimmicky with the single covers in the reflection. I also get the feeling this opens the possibility of Aldo being in charge of the deluxe reissues coming up. Looking at the past stories Aldo had actually been teasing this art for months already. Be on the look out.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

THANK YOU. I dont mind pop art but it's redundant at this point AND awfully executed. I really have no clue how anyone can like that deluxe art. Looks like a failed abortion of GHV2 and Celebration and SO gimmicky with the single covers in the reflection. I also get the feeling this opens the possibility of Aldo being in charge of the deluxe reissues coming up. Looking at the past stories Aldo had actually been teasing this art for months already. Be on the look out.

it's quite amazing how many photoshoots she's done over the past two years for instagram and we ended up with a zoom in on her facetuned face in black and white and the Celebration Rehash. 

The BBQ Photoshoot could have easily have been used for a dance collection. Hell even my avatar at the moment is more interesting. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic