Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

19 hours ago, steady75 said:

Finally Enough Love looks cheap as hell and she already did that vibe with Celebration. 

I’d really like some beauty rather than pop art personally. Obviously not right for a remix collection but for a future greatest hits around the biopic. Give me class mutha. 

But she is obsessed with the pop art graffiti vibe. I get that she loves the Basquiat touch but you can't use it in everything and for everything.

When I was approached to do some work for Guy he wanted the Warhol/Pop art and graffiti style. And I heard of other creatives that were asked similar branding. 

It gets worst because at the moment that's all done in basic editing apps on the phone. And it shows with the patchy crafty results. It can work for social media but I'm not sure how it will translate into a  physical item. I'm expecting low resolution printing.

Tbh Idgaf about the reflection or the re-used design, I love this deluxe cover so so much and it's literally what I expected from a cover for a big compilation like this, a mashup of pics and that's it, I'm very happy about it tbh! I'd be more concerned about the extremely basic standard cover, which has literally 0 effort, ideas or creativity put into it and it's just a random pic of her from her phone, but whatever, complain about the reused style you all, makes really sense, doesn't it? 🙄 

All this talk about the artwork etc - imagine the bitching on here if these haven’t been “ remastered “ ( whatever the fuck that means nowadays ) or bad editing ( a la celebration) 

i could care less about packaging ( I do despise cardboard digi-Paks though) and care more about the actual music quality on this release 

it also would have been a good time to finally put out an accompanying dvd of the remix videos ? Has no one thought of that ? 😭

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

and it irks me that the reflection in the glasses is wrong..not just because it has no curvature  (that it should) but because they should be seen flipped like a mirrored reflection

Aldo Diaz doesn't really pay attention to details. His work is still equivalent to an introductory photoshop class where they teach the basics. 

7 hours ago, EgoRod said:

But she is obsessed with the pop art graffiti vibe. I get that she loves the Basquiat touch but you can't use it in everything and for everything.

When I was approached to do some work for Guy he wanted the Warhol/Pop art and graffiti style. And I heard of other creatives that were asked similar branding. 

It gets worst because at the moment that's all done in basic editing apps on the phone. And it shows with the patchy crafty results. It can work for social media but I'm not sure how it will translate into a  physical item. I'm expecting low resolution printing.

Girl show us your version! Ive been wanting SO badly to be approached! Closest I ever got was Honey Dijon sharing my mockup for IDSIF and everyone thinking it was real 😪 there are so many talented fans its mindboggling the ones shes picked.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Girl show us your version! Ive been wanting SO badly to be approached! Closest I ever got was Honey Dijon sharing my mockup for IDSIF and everyone thinking it was real 😪 there are so many talented fans its mindboggling the ones shes picked.

I shared the sketches before in another post. Tbh I'm kinda happy because it was for some NTF's

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic