Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

27 minutes ago, gafuller said:

I did think that, but when I listened to the original it had literally no bass and mostly treble. Which is not at all how our current music is produced. They did what they could probably. I don’t like the sudden fade out but I can deal with that mostly. It sounds great through our office speaker… because you know I gotta ear worm Madonna into whoever I can haha.

The real problem with Deeper And Deeper is the compression. The song is too compressed and it sounds saturated in a good stereo system.  You can boost the bass and the treble without any problem if you do it right. 

It's the eternal problem with the Loudness War.

Deeper and Deeper is gonna get me through this week.  It is exactly what I needed.  It does not have the Vogue excerpt (which is a great part) and fades too abruptly but I still love it.  I sure  loved 1992 Madonna.  I loved her prior but she became my hero in 1992 because she was so brave.  No other mainstream artist dared to approach her honestly in those days.  Most do not thirty years later!

Any bets on the next couple of releases. I reckon it will be an unreleased track from the 16 track version. Which would mean Hollywood and Give It 2 Me I think

Into The Groove May - 4th

Deeper & Deeper - May 26th

Hollywood -  June 9th 

Give It 2 Me - June 23rd

Then once the 16 track is out we've probably got another four / five unreleased remixes as promo before Aug 19th

Fever - 7th July

Ray Of Light - 21st July

Nothing Really Matters -  4th August 

American Life - 18th August

Love Profusion - 25th August (day after album release)

Her team are gonna milk this strategy for maximum numbers.

1 minute ago, Sultrysully said:

Into the Groove is so much clearer and louder than Deeper and Deeper.  And it is not just the base.  The vocals... the treble..   Maybe her team needs to smoke less pot during work hours.  The volumes are crazy different.  

Did the original remix of "Deeper" sound that good anyway, in the first place? I don't have a physical copy of it, so I'm just judging with the YouTube uploads:

https://youtu.be/68V4owEG338

If the original wasn't stellar audio quality to begin with, we can't expect that now, I guess.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Any bets on the next couple of releases. I reckon it will be an unreleased track from the 16 track version. Which would mean Hollywood and Give It 2 Me I think

Into The Groove May - 4th

Deeper & Deeper - May 26th

Hollywood -  June 9th 

Give It 2 Me - June 23rd

Then once the 16 track is out we've probably got another four / five unreleased remixes as promo before Aug 19th

Fever - 7th July

Ray Of Light - 21st July

Nothing Really Matters -  4th August 

American Life - 18th August

Love Profusion - 25th August (day after album release)

Her team are gonna milk this strategy for maximum numbers.

I don't think we're gonna have that many before the album and that all of them are gonna be both in the Standard and Deluxe editions.

I'd say "Hollywood" next and the 4th and final "Living For Love". :smile:

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Did the original remix of "Deeper" sound that good anyway, in the first place? I don't have a physical copy of it, so I'm just judging with the YouTube uploads:

https://youtu.be/68V4owEG338

If the original wasn't stellar audio quality to begin with, we can't expect that now, I guess.

I think the original remix from 1992 sounds amazing:

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I think the original remix from 1992 sounds amazing:

Mmm. It does, it's a great remix. But it has that "bright" sound present in the new 2022 remaster too, I don't know how to describe it... like really focused on the middle and high frequencies?

It's the way the mix is, there's nothing wrong with that. What I mean is if the original was that way is just normal that the remaster sounds like that, too.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Mmm. It does, it's a great remix. But it has that "bright" sound present in the new 2022 remaster too, I don't know how to describe it... like really focused on the middle and high frequencies?

It's the way the mix is, there's nothing wrong with that. What I mean is if the original was that way is just normal that the remaster sounds like that, too.

Yeah, but the "brightness" grates a lot more when it's so loud.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I understand you. But I don't see the problem in the remaster. I see the problem in the Dynamic Range compression.

5 hours ago, gafuller said:

Anyone think she releases certain songs ahead of the standard version dropping so people are familiar with her Pride performance? Deeper and Deeper is an odd choice despite how much I love it. It’s a good Pride song though 🤔

“Deeper and Deeper” & “odd” don’t belong in the same sentence 

13 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So judging by the comments here - stick with the original promo edit from 1992 then ? This is why I always keep the original rips as I just don’t trust peoples “ remastering bull shit “  if Mike dean can’t remaster properly then no one can 😳🙄

Yeah. And it likely isn’t his fault. He’s paid to remaster. Not hunt down the best version or edit of any of her songs. If what he’s given isn’t good, that’s not what he’s paid for, haha. But his name will be on it in the end, so I’m hoping that he really did do what he could to make it match everything else.

22 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Yeah. And it likely isn’t his fault. He’s paid to remaster. Not hunt down the best version or edit of any of her songs. If what he’s given isn’t good, that’s not what he’s paid for, haha. But his name will be on it in the end, so I’m hoping that he really did do what he could to make it match everything else.

This is not about hunting down the best edit. It’s about the remastering and that’s pretty awful in this case. There’s all kinds of distortion on the track listening on buds and professional headphones. 
I’m surprised Mike Dean did such a terrible job especially after Into The Groove sounds so great

I don't know his experience. But I think Mike Dean is a just a producer. NOT a mastering engineer. So when we see the word REMASTERED on this release I would say it's going to be more of a Mike Dean INTERPRETATION Remix rather than a typical Remaster where Audio QUALITY is the objective. 

Finally, WB Japan has announced the Japanese version of FEL CD

Catalog Number: WPCR18532
Barcode: 4943674355389
Number of Discs: 3
Price: 4180 Yen

No changes in tracklisting except LAP is listed as 7" Remix Edit

No bonus track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catalog Number: WPCR18535
Barcode: 4943674355396
Number of Discs: 1
Price: 2420 Yen

No changes in tracklisting except LAP is listed as 7" version

No bonus track.

No indication of packaging hence not sure if both version are gonna be in digipak or CD hardcasing.

I believe there will be a beautiful OBI (confirmed) + lyrics booklet.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic