Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

10 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Someone tell Aldo that Angel is not on the compilation and to stop putting the single cover on his artworks. 

In the USA, Angel / Into The Groove was a double A side so the artwork represents that #1 dance single - there was no artwork released specifically for Into The Groove in the USA until the promo 12" in 1987 for YCD 

30 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

How’s it misleading when it’s the cover for the song that charted in the dance chart as number one?

You should take up this complaint with the original designer of the record not with Aldo 😂

I mean, I guess so. I think this is an instance where the alternate cover should have been used:

220px-Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

But this is a collection of US dance hits and the Angel single is where ITG came from so I guess it makes sense to use that cover. 

The standard edition is coming this month, the deluxe in august unless something changed. 
From the press release:

The collection will be available digitally on August 19, along with a 3-CD ($29.98) version. A limited edition, 6-LP version on red and black vinyl ($149.98) will also be available, exclusively at Madonna’s official store and Rhino.com. 

The 16-track version, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE, will be available for streaming on June 24, with 1-CD ($14.98) and 180-gram 2-LP ($34.98) versions coming on August 19. 

The 50 track Deluxe edition plus ALL the physicals and the digital purchase versions (everything that is not streaming). are coming on August 19.

The Standard 16-track edition will be available on streaming since June 24 (only on streaming, the digital download for purchase is out on August 19 too. Example: it will be on Apple Music for streaming but the iTunes version for purchasing is out August 19).

4 minutes ago, Vasili said:

How come? Are you able to confirm otherwise?

In 2018 the music video was uploaded to Madonna's YouTube channel

In late December 2020 The Vision Quest soundtrack was added to Apple iTunes and if you buy the soundtrack, you get Gambler

There's no evidence Madonna is personally blocking it.

It's likely Warner / Rhino has or will acquire the rights - they are aware of it and the demand for it Rhino follows me and have commented and retweeted any Gambler posts etc 

133687188_3543399492415636_7672428436922689069_n.png

Screenshot 2022-06-09 185952.jpg

13 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

t's likely Warner / Rhino has or will acquire the rights - they are aware of it and the demand for it Rhino follows me and have commented and retweeted any Gambler posts etc

We can only hope! Until then, it's not part of her own streaming discography.

Perhaps that lack of embrace for the song has been a passive-aggressive resistance on her part thus far.

Anyway, one of the boys from the AIWTDITAM podcast had mentioned it recently.

10 minutes ago, Vasili said:

We can only hope! Until then, it's not part of her own streaming discography.

Perhaps that lack of embrace for the song has been a passive-aggressive resistance on her part thus far.

Anyway, one of the boys from the AIWTDITAM podcast had mentioned it recently.

Ah ok that podcast does take some liberty in the accuracy of it's content. 

The only time she referenced in recent years was in 2008 at Sticky And Sweet when fans requested it with signs

'You see I can't even remember the words to that one....I can't even remember the words to my new ones you may have noticed!'

Video: 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic