Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

The 50 track Deluxe edition plus ALL the physicals and the digital purchase versions (everything that is not streaming). are coming on August 19.

The Standard 16-track edition will be available on streaming since June 24 (only on streaming, the digital download for purchase is out on August 19 too. Example: it will be on Apple Music for streaming but the iTunes version for purchasing is out August 19).

My Amazon says streaming for 50 collection in June.

Screenshot_20220609-053601_Amazon Music.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

My Amazon says streaming for 50 collection in June.

Screenshot_20220609-053601_Amazon Music.jpg

I think that must be wrong or mixed up somehow in their system with the Standard edition.

On Apple Music is August 19 for the full set and June 24 for the 16-track version:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/finally-enough-love-50-number-ones/1622113557

https://music.apple.com/us/album/finally-enough-love/1622105005

10 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I mean, I guess so. I think this is an instance where the alternate cover should have been used:

220px-Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

But this is a collection of US dance hits and the Angel single is where ITG came from so I guess it makes sense to use that cover. 

And honestly if it were the other way around someone would complain and say “that Into the Groove single cover wasn’t used in the version that charted in the US dance charts” lol

4 hours ago, Vasili said:

We can only hope! Until then, it's not part of her own streaming discography.

Perhaps that lack of embrace for the song has been a passive-aggressive resistance on her part thus far.

Anyway, one of the boys from the AIWTDITAM podcast had mentioned it recently.

Even if she’s not fond of the song and doesn’t wish to ever perform it or put it on a greatest hits she’s hardly going to block it from being released on streaming. As was said the video was uploaded on her channel.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, Vasili said:

Apparently, she personally blocked it from ever appearing on streaming. She hates it.

No. If that was the case, it wouldn't have been included on La Isla Bonita Super Club that was released a few years ago on Record Store Day.

I think it'll be included on the future Like A Virgin Super Deluxe Edition.  :)

10 minutes ago, Celebration said:

No. If that was the case, it wouldn't have been included on La Isla Bonita Super Club that was released a few years ago on Record Store Day.

I think it'll be included on the future Like A Virgin Super Deluxe Edition.  :)

I don't think she needed to approve any of the pre-2020 Warner re-releases, that's why for years they only repressed on different colors the already released material or replicate old EPs like the Japanese ones for Record Store Day and things like that. Warner only started doing new things, like the new digital singles or the "Who's That Girl" Record Store Day new EP, after.

Anyway, about "Gambler", as @GregVsMattsaid, it's available on digital on the full soundtrack since a couple of years ago - for some reason for purchase only, not on streaming. I don't think she hates it (or even care about it that much, to be honest), but maybe Warner bought the rights for "Crazy For You" back in the day (since it's been on every Madonna compilation) but not "Gambler"?

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't think she needed to approve any of the pre-2020 Warner re-releases, that's why for years they only repressed on different colors the already released material or replicate old EPs like the Japanese ones for Record Store Day and things like that. Warner only started doing new things, like the new digital singles or the "Who's That Girl" Record Store Day new EP, after.

Anyway, about "Gambler", as @GregVsMattsaid, it's available on digital on the full soundtrack since a couple of years ago - for some reason for purchase only, not on streaming. I don't think she hates it (or even care about it that much, to be honest), but maybe Warner bought the rights for "Crazy For You" back in the day (since it's been on every Madonna compilation) but not "Gambler"?

Yeah, I rememberedthat after I posted that comment.

It's strange how taste changes. I have an old interview from the Virgin Tour, and when she's asked what song she enjoyed performing the most she said Gambler.
(It's on the interview disc that came with the bootleg LP "In The Beginning".)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic