Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

I still think the first album should be the first release - it should be in chronological order imo plus it’s the 40th  anniversary of everybody which the press announcement mentioned both times - im not sure what unreleased songs there would be from this era though ? Maybe spotlight or some early versions of LAV songs ? 🤔

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I still think the first album should be the first release - it should be in chronological order imo plus it’s the 40th  anniversary of everybody which the press announcement mentioned both times - im not sure what unreleased songs there would be from this era though ? Maybe spotlight or some early versions of LAV songs ? 🤔

I think so too. If they're gonna do 40th anniversary editions for all albums, half of us will be dead before Confessions!
No, I hope they'll go chronologically with Madonna, Like A Virgin, True Blue, etc. Two or three boxes a year.

According to Wikipedia, there's a couple of versions of Ain't No Big Deal in the vault. The released version was produced by Reggie Lucas, but there's supposed to be alternate versions produced by Stephen Bray, Mark Kamins and Jellybean, that I'd love to hear!

There's also a bunch of edits and remixes...

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Personally I think LAV demos belong with LAV.

But what about including demos from before she was signed? We know she was playing through some of them when researching for the movie and to me that would make most sense for this first album. It would also get a lot of buzz if it includes stuff we’ve never even heard or had in decent quality.

There is also Ain’t no big deal and all the remixes. Yes we have all that but most casual fans don’t and it would be great in a vinyl package with a gorgeous book of photos and stories. She has spent so much time looking over these early years for the movie so it could be a good opportunity to present something special in a box set.

46 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Personally I think LAV demos belong with LAV.

But what about including demos from before she was signed? We know she was playing through some of them when researching for the movie and to me that would make most sense for this first album. It would also get a lot of buzz if it includes stuff we’ve never even heard or had in decent quality.

There is also Ain’t no big deal and all the remixes. Yes we have all that but most casual fans don’t and it would be great in a vinyl package with a gorgeous book of photos and stories. She has spent so much time looking over these early years for the movie so it could be a good opportunity to present something special in a box set.

They could do something similar to the latest Blondie boxset. Where they package Madonna and Like A Virgin in one box with several demos and all the remixes. Including the old songs and Desperately Seeking Susan and Vision quest. And a Blu-ray/dvd with the videos some live performances and the tour

And then do a stand-alone release for True Blue since it’s her highest selling studio album.

Chronological order sounds soooo boring. It makes more sense to release them for anniversaries, so Madonna would come out next year when it actually turns 40. It's the 40th anniversary of Madonna's career this year, so any album from her career would do. Personally I think beginning with Erotica is best.

Not to piss on anyone's parade but I think you're all setting yourselves up for disappointment if you expect the album reissues to include all kinds of unreleased demos, tons of never heard before songs, concerts and stuff.

Remember she's curating those. She's gonna choose what to include and what not. Let's hope Warner's hand is helpful, though.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, of course, but I can't see super extensive deluxe editions pleasing all the fans. There'll be meltdowns, for sure. :smile:

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not to piss on anyone's parade but I think you're all setting yourselves up for disappointment if you expect the album reissues to include all kinds of unreleased demos, tons of never heard before songs, concerts and stuff.

Remember she's curating those. She's gonna choose what to include and what not. Let's hope Warner's hand is helpful, though.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, of course, but I can't see super extensive deluxe editions pleasing all the fans. There'll be meltdowns, for sure. :smile:

There’s no way to tell until the first reissue is out. I’m sure there’s a few songs she really liked but just didn’t make it on the albums. 
I’d be perfectly happy with 3 unleaked outtakes from each album, except erotica where I want all those amazing songs on the rain tapes haha.

For American Life I see a second disc with the completed songs from Hello Suckers.

Didn’t an “insider” say there’s a complete album from that era that’s being considered for release?

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Totally. All of my thoughts are fantasies and wishes. I won’t be surprised or disappointed when it’s just the album with some extras we already have. In any case I will be getting the vinyls. At the very least I hope we get remixes. I don’t own the 12” singles so would be nice to have them in 1 listenable package for each album.

9 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

There’s no way to tell until the first reissue is out. I’m sure there’s a few songs she really liked but just didn’t make it on the albums. 
I’d be perfectly happy with 3 unleaked outtakes from each album, except erotica where I want all those amazing songs on the rain tapes haha.

For American Life I see a second disc with the completed songs from Hello Suckers.

Didn’t an “insider” say there’s a complete album from that era that’s being considered for release?

There’s so many people pretending to be insiders on this forum, I wouldn’t take them seriously.

American Life is the last album id expect anything special from personally. 

31 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

There’s so many people pretending to be insiders on this forum, I wouldn’t take them seriously.

American Life is the last album id expect anything special from personally. 

That same insider gave us info on releases from other artists that actually happened though. He did say Warner is considering a separate album with Hello Suckers demos. It may or may not see the light of day. 

If they don’t include special demos and unreleased songs, I really don’t see the point in these special curations. They’re not just gonna tack on old remixes and call it a day when we’re about to get 50 remastered remixes of her biggest hits. The part she’s curating is probably the unreleased/demos. Also seeing the success of Taylor Swift’s vault songs I bet they’d wanna follow something similar

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

If they don’t include special demos and unreleased songs, I really don’t see the point in these special curations. They’re not just gonna tack on old remixes and call it a day when we’re about to get 50 remastered remixes of her biggest hits. The part she’s curating is probably the unreleased/demos. Also seeing the success of Taylor Swift’s vault songs I bet they’d wanna follow something similar

I guess so, even If she wasn't that keen on it, Warner surely would push for unreleased stuff. Good news I guess is she DOES seem keen on the idea, at least she was playing the old Emmy demos on Instagram and bopping to them. ^^

Also, I think she's reworking some old songs with new artists, too, to include remixes/new versions too on the reissues. But let's see.

Snippet from new Financial Times Article

This month, the best-selling solo female artist of all time celebrates her longevity with the release of Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones, a career-spanning collection including previously unreleased remixes of her dance floor hits. After that, she will reissue deluxe editions of 17 of her albums — including Like a Virgin, True Blue, and Like a Prayer — alongside singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations. John Earls of Classic Pop magazine argues that this capitulation to the lucrative nostalgia market, “after assiduously avoiding it for so long, is her biggest acknowledgment of pop mortality’

1 hour ago, xavier said:

This month, the best-selling solo female artist of all time celebrates her longevity with the release of Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones, a career-spanning collection including previously unreleased remixes of her dance floor hits. After that, she will reissue deluxe editions of 17 of her albums — including Like a Virgin, True Blue, and Like a Prayer — alongside singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations. John Earls of Classic Pop magazine argues that this capitulation to the lucrative nostalgia market, “after assiduously avoiding it for so long, is her biggest acknowledgment of pop mortality’

This is just a rehash of the press release from last August:

”This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations.”

1 hour ago, xavier said:

18 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This is just a rehash of the press release from last August:

”This partnership marks the revitalization of a decades-long relationship with Warner that began with the release of Madonna’s debut single in 1982. The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025. All in all, the new pact includes 17 studio albums plus singles, soundtrack recordings, live albums, and compilations.”

I’m curious if they twisted that from the original statement or Warner gave them that new statement because this implies they’re reissuing every album

Even though I would live Erotica first, it would make no sense at all. You’d want to start with a bang (ie one of the most commercially successful albums), not the most obscure of them all that almost killed her career. I would keep expectations realistic and with a commercial point of view, since this is happening to make them money 

16 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I’m curious if they twisted that from the original statement or Warner gave them that new statement because this implies they’re reissuing every album

Keyword: 17.

its present in both, and both implies that everything will see a release.

BUT

the original press release states:

”For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.”

”many” doesn’t not mean “all.”

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Keyword: 17.

its present in both, and both implies that everything will see a release.

BUT

the original press release states:

”For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.”

”many” doesn’t not mean “all.”

So my understanding after all of this is they’re reissuing all 17 of her studio albums but only she is curating a certain amount of those albums. 

If this is true, It sounds like each album will get demos or unreleased songs tagged on but she is doing something special with those subset of albums they decide are landmark

5 hours ago, Shoful said:

So my understanding after all of this is they’re reissuing all 17 of her studio albums but only she is curating a certain amount of those albums. 

If this is true, It sounds like each album will get demos or unreleased songs tagged on but she is doing something special with those subset of albums they decide are landmark

Also consider that, as I’ve said in a previous post, they can package multiple albums in a box with demos and extras. It doesn’t have to be a curated release for a single record. It can be for a set

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Also consider that, as I’ve said in a previous post, they can package multiple albums in a box with demos and extras. It doesn’t have to be a curated release for a single record. It can be for a set

True, but I'd be so disappointed if they go that way.

Time will tell. Hopefully there will be a pre-order for the first "real" Super Deluxe Edition in the fall.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic