Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

3 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

I wish they would release remastered collection of old 12" versions.....

I'm reliving the 80s and 90s music in 12" vinyl releases. Literally just banged to Flashdance "What a Feeling" 12 inch version. Highly recommended.

But to keep on Madonna...the 12 inch versions would be wild.

10 hours ago, Prayer said:

This remix should be called TIVING FOR LOVE. I can't accept any other title now.

Good news:

All the songs on "Finally Enough Love" (except "Girl Gone Wild" for some reason) now have canvas videos on Spotify, with the red vs black and white them that Warner is using for promoting this album (quite clever in my opinion), similar to the album trailer:

A canvas video on Spotify is a little mini-video of 8 seconds maximum that repeats in loop on the player when the song is being played (if the option is activated on Settings). That way when you play the song you see the canvas instead of the cover. 

Go check them! They're cool and each canvas is made with scenes from the original music video of the song. It only works on smartphones, not on the desktop version of Spotify. It's a little detail that helps building a theme for the album and I'm very happy that people at Warner now take care of even these small - but also important - details!

Can't wait to see the back cover and the booklets of the physical releases now.

Thank you! I had them deactivated. Why doesn't Girl gone wild have one :( 

47 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I hope Warner will promote this a bit more in August. Send a single to radio, make the ad one of the most common ads on YouTube for a week. Get Madonna a Jimmy Fallon interview with a performance. We're nor getting new music soon so might as well

They should do a short megamix and have her perform that 

15 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm sorry to ruin your experience, but only Like A Prayer and Express Yourself are real Hi-Res tracks in this 16 tracks version. The rest are almost CD quality, a little better (this is not bad, but far from "Hi-Res").

Lik

Is it just me or Living For Love is from a lossy source?

21 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Is it just me or Living For Love is from a lossy source?

I can't believe it. It's from a lossy source (mp3 or similar).

6b3J3xx.png

I also did a sample rate conversion from 88200 Hz to 44100 Hz in Audition and it's clear: Living For Love is from a lossy source

nvmoKO5.jpg

This is incredible. Hi-Res audio... HA!

Not to take away from the sound quality chat, but while it was relevant I wanted to drop what I think would’ve been a better track list idea:

Everybody

Into the Groove 

Open Your Heart

Express Yourself

Vogue 12” Edit

Deeper & Deeper

Secret 

Ray of Light

Music 

Hollywood

Hung Up

Give It 2 Me

Celebration

Girl Gone Wild Justin Cognito

Living for Love 

Medellin Robbie Revera Vocal Mix

IDSIF 

New Dance Song

In a perfect world, Ma would’ve headlines this whole project with a new dance single and I would’ve included it as the last song. I also thoigh a few of the songs could’ve had a different remix used (I jsut adore the Robbie Revera mix of Medellin). Celebration should’ve been chosen for this standard version too. Like a Prayer is out of place surrounded by being happy dance mixes so I’d swap it for Open Uour Heart to represent the True Blue era. 

5 hours ago, gafuller said:

Not to take away from the sound quality chat, but while it was relevant I wanted to drop what I think would’ve been a better track list idea:

Everybody

Into the Groove 

Open Your Heart

Express Yourself

Vogue 12” Edit

Deeper & Deeper

Secret 

Ray of Light

Music 

Hollywood

Hung Up

Give It 2 Me

Celebration

Girl Gone Wild Justin Cognito

Living for Love 

Medellin Robbie Revera Vocal Mix

IDSIF 

New Dance Song

In a perfect world, Ma would’ve headlines this whole project with a new dance single and I would’ve included it as the last song. I also thoigh a few of the songs could’ve had a different remix used (I jsut adore the Robbie Revera mix of Medellin). Celebration should’ve been chosen for this standard version too. Like a Prayer is out of place surrounded by being happy dance mixes so I’d swap it for Open Uour Heart to represent the True Blue era. 

Like this tracklist, instead of a New song i would include CAC Movie House Edit and that's a wrap!!😂😜

Disappointing that they use MP3 files as a source but I guess is just the best one they had available for that? That's the only reason I can think of when the rest of the collection we can see is tastefully and carefully done, from the remastering to the release, physical editions, promotion, etc.

Not trying to justify that, just trying to understand. That said, I prefer to have this remix even if it's sourced from MP3, that not having it at all. I love it so much.

2 hours ago, Jorick said:

Like this tracklist, instead of a New song i would include CAC Movie House Edit and that's a wrap!!😂😜

Yeah, haha. I was still trying to stay in bounds of those already planned on the deluxe. Ray of Light was released as a sample but it’s on the deluxe… should’ve been on the standard instead of Frozen then. 

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Disappointing that they use MP3 files as a source but I guess is just the best one they had available for that? That's the only reason I can think of when the rest of the collection we can see is tastefully and carefully done, from the remastering to the release, physical editions, promotion, etc.

Not trying to justify that, just trying to understand. That said, I prefer to have this remix even if it's sourced from MP3, that not having it at all. I love it so much.

Or it's a mistake (a big mistake) or the final remix doesn't exist in lossless format. But selling a Hi-Res file from a lossy format it's not fair. 

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Or it's a mistake (a big mistake) or the final remix doesn't exist in lossless format. But selling a Hi-Res file from a lossy format it's not fair. 

No that's the problem i have with it,   it may not be possible to give us a HiRes format of these mixes for whatever reason (probably they just doesn't exist).    But to sell a package on Qobuz saying it's HiRes when it clearly isn't is a con.   It's not just one or two tracks either,   some of them may appear HiRes but they are only just pushing over the original CD quality for them to register as so.

26 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

13 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

No that's the problem i have with it,   it may not be possible to give us a HiRes format of these mixes for whatever reason (probably they just doesn't exist).    But to sell a package on Qobuz saying it's HiRes when it clearly isn't is a con.   It's not just one or two tracks either,   some of them may appear HiRes but they are only just pushing over the original CD quality for them to register as so.

Sadly, and we all know that, this is not rare in the music industry. There are tons of examples, Janet and even Prince come to mind right now. They use whatever they have available and if the rest of the collection is HQ, they fake it.

Now the Apple Digital Master (previously know as Mastered For iTunes) is quite popular and most of the big label artists usually have that. That version is converted from the original files and they need to be 24 bits so the label has to provide Apple with those HQ masters so they can convert them into Apple Digital Master AAC files... in collections like this one where not every source is HQ they just fake it cause you can't have some songs on an album being Apple Digital Master and not others, you need the whole album or nothing at all.

It's sad, I know, but we also know 99,9% of the people listening to it don't care, mind, notice. I usually care and I didn't even notice anything weird with the "Living For Love" remix, to be honest, I wouldn't know if it wasn't for you.

But I agree is not the perfect situation.

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Well, HDTRACKS (and other websites) are selling Like A Virgin at 192000 Hz when the original master was recorded in digital at 44100 Hz. Many Madonna's digital masters seems to be recorded only at CD/DVD quality in the 80s and 90s. 

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I didn't know it. Love Profusion, Nobody Kwows Me, and Your Honesty are also from a lossy source. 

Madonna, the queen of pop, SD videos, and lossy masters...

Anyway, we still love her...

So then we can just expect them to release the leaked mp3s on the expanded editions? 😂

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic