Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, HDTRACKS (and other websites) are selling Like A Virgin at 192000 Hz when the original master was recorded in digital at 44100 Hz. Many Madonna's digital masters seems to be recorded only at CD/DVD quality in the 80s and 90s. 

WAT

So the first three albums I have from HDTracks aren't real? :Madonna034:

46 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I personally can't tell the difference if it's mp3 or FLAC or lossy or whatever. It all sounds the same to me.

Can you that do really tell the difference or are you just audio purists?

In a really good stereo system, of course if you are really pay attention. In my kitchen when I'm cooking, with my cheap stereo system, no. But many people doesn't have Hi-Res stereo players, so for many people it's not a problem.

But don't worry. An audio purist want the best audio quality, but if the song is too good, he can play the mp3 version and enjoy it. Again, the problem is: They are selling a lossy track as Hi-Res.

26 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I personally can't tell the difference if it's mp3 or FLAC or lossy or whatever. It all sounds the same to me.

I think a bit of both haha. I save HD sources but for me they don’t sound radically better than normal lossless CD quality.

Lossy though loses some audible detail depending on how compressed it is.

In this case I checked because to my ears it sounded inferior to the other tracks on the album. And it turned out it was.

And another issue with lossy masters is that on streaming these get compressed again so they sound even worse

12 minutes ago, Rory said:

How do you play a FLAC file? Do you have to convert the file source or can it play in iTunes as is? Is there a better file player?

Many players can play Flac files. For me, the best is "foobar 2000": https://www.foobar2000.org/download

Another player well known is VLC (video-lan): https://www.videolan.org/index.html

24 minutes ago, Rory said:

How do you play a FLAC file? Do you have to convert the file source or can it play in iTunes as is? Is there a better file player?

I don use iTunes because it’s lossy. To stream lossless files I use PLEX. It’s kind of annoying especially for music but I figured out a good system for it

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

It depends on the person and the audio system used. But on A/B tests most of the people can't tell the difference between the standard highest audio quality now on services like iTunes/Apple Music (I mean iTunes Plus, not Lossless of course) or Spotify versus CD quality. Once you reach a decent quality you can go higher but it won't be much of a difference to the human ear.

I'm not a purist per se, but I care about audio and generally can differentiate, but when it's iTunes Plus (256 AAC) versus CD, I always have a hard time, so iTunes Plus is my format to go generally (I also like to buy digital music still).

Of course if you have a good stereo system like @Aiwa08said it's easier to tell the difference. But it really depends on the person.

Just enjoy the music, audio purist or not! :cute: It is important for some of us but also not that important for almost everyone else.

28 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It depends on the person and the audio system used. But on A/B tests most of the people can't tell the difference between the standard highest audio quality now on services like iTunes/Apple Music (I mean iTunes Plus, not Lossless of course) or Spotify versus CD quality. Once you reach a decent quality you can go higher but it won't be much of a difference to the human ear.

I'm not a purist per se, but I care about audio and generally can differentiate, but when it's iTunes Plus (256 AAC) versus CD, I always have a hard time, so iTunes Plus is my format to go generally (I also like to buy digital music still).

Of course if you have a good stereo system like @Aiwa08said it's easier to tell the difference. But it really depends on the person.

Just enjoy the music, audio purist or not! :cute: It is important for some of us but also not that important for almost everyone else.

I hear a huge difference between the Spotify tracks and the HD lossless digital ones. But I’m not sure how much of that is the quality or the mastering.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I hear a huge difference between the Spotify tracks and the HD lossless digital ones. But I’m not sure how much of that is the quality or the mastering.

Sometimes I hear a difference between the same Hi-Def track if I play it on the computer at 44100 Hz or 88200/96000/192000 Hz. The treble is more "bright" at higher sample rate (even too bright for my taste).

On 6/25/2022 at 5:01 AM, MonsieurX said:

It is not a glitch. I attached a short clip of a vocal isolated version of the remix about 2 seconds before the 2:07 mark. Without the instrumentation you can clearly hear, "LIVING for love..."

LFL-VOCAL ISOLATED.mp3 85.22 kB · 16 downloads

Yes, but there is still that "T" in the background... Actually if you check the multitrack, esp. track LFL 51 M verse lead voc, you clearly hear that "T" and it's because that's how the vocal track was rendered. Whenever they use the acapella, it's there and that's what happened here.

LFL 51 M verse lead voc.mp3

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes me too. I try to stream as much as possible, but sometimes I just want to hear every instrument in the background, and you can't do that on Spotify because it's too compressed.

I'm still waiting for Spotify Hi-Fi

19 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, HDTRACKS (and other websites) are selling Like A Virgin at 192000 Hz when the original master was recorded in digital at 44100 Hz. Many Madonna's digital masters seems to be recorded only at CD/DVD quality in the 80s and 90s. 

I also noticed it too. Even with other artists, they sell songs or albums that are 192kHz but if you look at it, it all just 44.1kHz. I noticed it with some "The Clash" HQ releases, when they say it's 192kHz but when I check it on Spek, it's just 44.1 kHz. Just weird.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:46 AM, Aiwa08 said:

I'm sorry to ruin your experience, but only Like A Prayer and Express Yourself are real Hi-Res tracks in this 16 tracks version. The rest are almost CD quality, a little better (this is not bad, but far from "Hi-Res").

I'm not an expert but I heard right away the difference of these 2 with the rest.

Really disappointed not to have the rest in this quality. LAP and EY are stunning with lots of details that stand out.

A real listening treat

41 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Is everyone gonna keep the remastered tracks as well as the original versions?

50 remastered tracks of mixes I already have, that sound no different to me, is a bit much to keep. It's gonna use up loads of space on my flash drive 🤷

Why do you need to keep them? They are literally available everywhere

2 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Is everyone gonna keep the remastered tracks as well as the original versions?

50 remastered tracks of mixes I already have, that sound no different to me, is a bit much to keep. It's gonna use up loads of space on my flash drive 🤷

Yes definitely. The originals in their respective single folders and these as a full separate album. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic