Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

ALBUM REVIEW

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/madonna-finally-enough-love/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_twitter&utm_brand=p4k

By Ben Cardew

The other baffling call on Finally Enough Love is the decision to include remix edits rather than the full remixes themselves, when often the whole point of the remakes was to create extended jams that would work for dancefloors and DJs alike. The version of “Into the Groove” included on Finally Enough Love, for example, is the “You Can Dance Remix Edit,” a truncated take on the magnificent eight-minute-plus remodel that Benitez and True Blue producer Patrick Leonard created for You Can Dance, Madonna’s 1987 remix album; the decision is akin to buying a dog that loves to swim, then locking it in the laundry room.

I don't think either Benitez or Leonard had anything to do with that remix of Into The Groove, it was Pettibone?

This doesn't feel like a fan forum. Where is the optimism and support? Taking all of the fun out of it. I have a friend who nit picked it to no end and I really would rather listen to my amazing 16 track remix cd than listen to him or anyone complain. I don't get it. What's not to like about a bunch of fun Madonna remixes.

I must be a bad fan because I really wouldn't even know if these mixes were new or not. I lived through it all and I just remember liking them and listening until the next single came out. I have no idea about length of time, radio edit vs this remix, etc.

14 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

This doesn't feel like a fan forum. Where is the optimism and support? Taking all of the fun out of it. I have a friend who nit picked it to no end and I really would rather listen to my amazing 16 track remix cd than listen to him or anyone complain. I don't get it. What's not to like about a bunch of fun Madonna remixes.

I must be a bad fan because I really wouldn't even know if these mixes were new or not. I lived through it all and I just remember liking them and listening until the next single came out. I have no idea about length of time, radio edit vs this remix, etc.

Your point exactly is? Most of the comments on this particular thread are positive towards this project so far... (definitely not the negativity that you can find on other threads here).

This is a fan forum, of course we're gonna discuss to death what version of whatever was included, the sources and even the difference in length with the original released versions! :smile: That's the fun of it for some of us. But of course just listening to it and not caring about any of this is fun too. :cute: To each their own.

I mean points were made. I get what they did with the 16 track with 4 from each decade etc. They want to represent her across the ages and all stages of her career...and this does...and they were all number one on the dance chart which is fucking remarkable in itself. What a enviable choice to have to pick 16 of her 50 number ones. But there are some questionable mixes. 

The second part with the 50 tracks is coming anyway so this 16 tracks should really have been the absolute cream of the crop. Erotica, Ray Of Light, Open Your Heart, Sorry, Celebration, Justify My Love

In truth we all know her remix catalogue has been waaaaay off the mark since he left Warner. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X have some of the most generic worthless circuit gay remixes of her career and do not hold up in a any way shape or form to anything that went before. Her choice of remixers has been hella questionable. Offer Nissim getting two remixes and leaving off the Pet Shop Boys IS 100% madness but hey. I'd say the same for a few of the other tracks

Music Groove Armada 

Hollywood : Thin White Duke

Give It 2 Me :  Paul Oakenfold 

Girl Gone Wild : Justin Cognito

I have to say the Express Yourself remaster sounds fucking glorious. The beginning sounds alive.

18 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I think we'll never get over that they didn't choose the Thin White Duke Mix for Hollywood </3

image.jpg.84fc2569e1bfd2db1b4defc3d0c3e2e9.jpg

Same. A professionaly made full vocal edit version would have been heaven. And a full vocal edit of Erick Morillo's Living For Love remix would have been even more perfect. Offer Nissim really kills the momentum that keeps building from the first note of Everybody on that compilation even Honey Dijon is not enough to get it back. As for Pitchfork, they are perfectly summed up in that hilarious bit where the author tries to read people with his knowledge about Jellybean & Leonard remixing Into The Groove (it's Shep) an error one can easily make if you read You Can Dance Wikipedia page as a reference...SAYS IT ALL. 

59 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I mean points were made. I get what they did with the 16 track with 4 from each decade etc. They want to represent her across the ages and all stages of her career...and this does...and they were all number one on the dance chart which is fucking remarkable in itself. What a enviable choice to have to pick 16 of her 50 number ones. But there are some questionable mixes. 

The second part with the 50 tracks is coming anyway so this 16 tracks should really have been the absolute cream of the crop. Erotica, Ray Of Light, Open Your Heart, Sorry, Celebration, Justify My Love

In truth we all know her remix catalogue has been waaaaay off the mark since he left Warner. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X have some of the most generic worthless circuit gay remixes of her career and do not hold up in a any way shape or form to anything that went before. Her choice of remixers has been hella questionable. Offer Nissim getting two remixes and leaving off the Pet Shop Boys IS 100% madness but hey. I'd say the same for a few of the other tracks

Music Groove Armada 

Hollywood : Thin White Duke

Give It 2 Me :  Paul Oakenfold 

Girl Gone Wild : Justin Cognito

I have to say the Express Yourself remaster sounds fucking glorious. The beginning sounds alive.

The Pet Shop Boys Remix is in the 50 tracks compilation.

Also personally the last great Remix era was Confessions, things went off from Hard Candy (but there are some brood mixes from that era). Madame X is a return to form,, basically all the remixes are great! 

What i don't understand is what is with this stupid 16 track thing..

Why is it released 6 weeks before the physical releases..

The real thing comes out in August along with the magic box set and 3 CD set,    I really don't understand why you would release something to streaming 6 weeks before,  taster tracks i get.

They need to stop this,   release it all the same fucking day.     

4 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

The real thing comes out in August along with the magic box set and 3 CD set,    I really don't understand why you would release something to streaming 6 weeks before,  taster tracks i get.

They need to stop this,   release it all the same fucking day.     

It's done this way to boost her streaming numbers. And it's working. She's reached a new peak this week on monthly listeners on Spotify.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's done this way to boost her streaming numbers. And it's working. She's reached a new peak this week on monthly listeners on Spotify.

Well yeah i get that,   and i know i'm getting old i just want my hands on the physical stuff i have no interest in streaming :(

46 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Her team has been doing this since 2009. It’s all about $$$. If they put out multiple versions, they knew fans will purchase each one. It’s like the single disc vs 2 disc version of Celebration. And those confusing Standard and Deluxe versions of Rebel Heart and Madame X. At the end of the day it’s all for collectors, but the definitive versions always become the “deluxe.”

46 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Because of Pride. She did a Pride show that happened to be titled “Finally Enough Love,” plus the streaming release was a way to include some Madonna remixes on peoples Pride playlists for parties.

58 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Honestly i dont think this whole release was necessary but shoot me down - its just a lazy release and of course the die hard fans have thrown all their cash at the mega expensive vinyl sets and in the meantime we are still waiitng for unreleased demos etc ....

Based on a lot of your comments, you real interest is only getting demos or unreleased tracks that haven't leaked over the years and there's every chance you will feel every release under the catalogue deal is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Honestly i dont think this whole release was necessary but shoot me down - its just a lazy release and of course the die hard fans have thrown all their cash at the mega expensive vinyl sets and in the meantime we are still waiitng for unreleased demos etc ....

I wouldn’t be holding hope for unreleased demos - unless they are completely done - like across the sky - triggering - your honesty.

They’re  called demos for a reason - a work in progress - Madge is a perfectionist she won’t release anything unless it’s up to her standard.

i expect with the re releases - remastered - and re packaged - maybe some remixes either new or old - I can’t imagine she would for example , re release Bedtime Stories with the unreleased shep tracks - given they are a WIP.

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

Based on a lot of your comments, you real interest is only getting demos or unreleased tracks that haven't leaked over the years and there's every chance you will feel every release under the catalogue deal is unnecessary.

Oh Christ what do you know? 
thats it

no demos

Live Versions and Additional remixes with features it is then. 

Don’t you think that after all the shit with her stuff being leaked that she would in some way think “hmm maybe I can make coin from some of those old tracks after all”

she’s actually become much much much more open about her work in progress in the insta age. Who’s to say she hasn’t changed her mind about the music too now? Her vision of each project was realised as and how she wanted it and that exists. Your Honesty was thrown out as a bonus when we didn’t get the original box set so I have faith that there’ll be some stuff we’ll get to hear. 

Fans like me  (non completist collectors who are actually the people who are most likely to buy a reissue will need some sort of incentive. The only remastered in its original form album I’d purchase is Like A Prayer. If the reissues done have demos on I won’t be buying. The odd casual can still pick up most of her vinyls and the completists will collect things even if there’s a different digit on the barcode. 
The remixes will all be on eps and compilations soon. 

no demo no peso mama. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I don't know what has been curated - demos have never been promised in any case

Well technically we got a demo on this compilation, for Living For Love. The track is lossy and doesn’t even seem to be the final mix used. 
So I’m hopeful we’re gonna get some cool unreleased things

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well technically we got a demo on this compilation, for Living For Love. The track is lossy and doesn’t even seem to be the final mix used. 
So I’m hopeful we’re gonna get some cool unreleased things

Yeah I would consider it a unreleased remix or a remix that was created as a concept for a live performance

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic