Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

13 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Ah, glad you've confirmed extrasensory perception is a prerequisite!

But, but, but.... SACD, BD-Audio, vynil, Hi-Res files still exists!!!! 

We are not talking about to hear above 20000 Hz, we are talking about to have in digital format the full original signal and not only a similar butchered signal. And yes, that can change the quality of the audio below the 20000 Hz

9 minutes ago, FameForLove said:

So Bitch I'm Madonna was actually a shoutout to her canine fans. It's all starting to make sense now...

Polish_20220629_174100428.thumb.jpg.d07377f0c50576cd6f5b21a3f0b99a9a.jpg

Yes. Im surprised you didn't know this already... when she screams before the dance breakdown chorus she's screaming "good boy". 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

But, but, but.... SACD, BD-Audio, vynil, Hi-Res files still exists!!!! 

We are not talking about to hear above 20000 Hz, we are talking about to have in digital format the full original signal and not only a similar butchered signal. And yes, that can change the quality of the audio below the 20000 Hz

Ok so what I would say is... Any file with a sample rate above 44.1khz is not necessarily gonna show a difference on an audio spectrogram from a 44.1khz file. Anything BELOW 44.1khz will start to see a degradation in sound which will start to affect the upper frequencies. So posting a photo of an audio spectrogram that shows sound happening above 20khz doesnt mean its more Hi Res. In the case of I'll Remember it may be true as Movies usually have a higher sample rate than CD's. and this song is from a movie. But there is also no way of telling it wasn't just a CD version of I'll Remember put into a program and then resampled at a higher sample rate causing inaudible distortion happening in the extreme upper frequencies. Like a Music Video Upscale, you can give it a faster frame rate but if your source has a frame rate of 60 and you change it to 120 then the upscale will just repeat certain frames to fill in the blanks which will give you a fake higher frame rate. 

I tried downloading the software you use but it isn't compatible with the newest version of Mac OS. So if you have time, would you want to try a test and use a Hi Res sample rate song and then a 44.1 sample rate of the same song and then maybe a lower sample rate version of the same song and then post them side by side. Im honestly not 100% sure if what Im saying is 100% correct because I dont use spectrum analyzers on songs I have. Only for music production. but I'm 99.5% sure. 

@RUADJAI At this point, this is a sterile debate. I am talking about getting a continuous analog signal and transforming it into a discrete digital signal with the best result. And the best result means to obtain a digital signal almost identical to the analog signal.

And this debate is eternal because some defend that 44100 is enough, and others defend the idea of “the more sample rate, the better”. And this is the reason why SACD, Blu-ray audio, and hi-res files exist today.

P.S: I'm sorry. English is not my first language and it's really difficult for me to have a technical debate. 

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Like A Prayer and Express Yourself. The source? Obviously master tapes. Sadly,  I think many remixes were created at CD/DVD quality (oh, those days when the vinyl was almost dead)

EXACTLY, that's why even the most recent remixes needed remastering for the whole compilation to have at least a minimal sonic coherence.

Mike Dean did a good job bringing as much sound bits as he had into the mix, the work he did on some of the early tracks is really impressive.

Regarding this whole spectrogram experts debate, my take is I'd rather wait for the CD in order to hear the tracks fully linked to my good old sound system and speakers (no wifi bluetooth whatever beaming streaming thingy that always adds or takes away a little something to the music even at the higher bitrates, I believe in physical).

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

Mmm what format you have? ALAC (Apple Lossless, the equivalent of FLAC)? And if so, ripped from CDs or downloaded locally from Apple Music? In any case Apple Lossless should be as good as FLAC but it depends on the original source. For instance, "Like A Virgin", the album, on iTunes and Apple Music is not the best source, so even if its Lossless is going to sound a little bit meh.

Screenshot_20220630_075533_media.music.musicplayer.jpg

20 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

As far as I’m aware we have no indication that anything was developed for it. If there was it’s most likely it would have surfaced on this compilation or hopefully on the Ray Of Light reissue

I can't remember where I read about it, but the tracklist was mostly the remixes we had in the singles apart from the ROL Orbit's full version and a longer Frozen mix version.

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I can't remember where I read about it, but the tracklist was mostly the remixes we had in the singles apart from the ROL Orbit's full version and a longer Frozen mix version.

Probably the full ROL version will finally get a release since she’s mentioned how much she loves it quite a few times

19 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Probably the full ROL version will finally get a release since she’s mentioned how much she loves it quite a few times

Imagine as like a Disc 2 moment in the ROL reissue. It would be over for us with Ray of Light (10 Minute Version).

34 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m sure Ray Of Light will deliver lots of goodies and exclusive material

I know that the Demo Assembly CD leaked here and I know that I may be reaching at this point but wouldn't it be also nice if she can also release it officially too?

I could finally put NLAS on Spotify and get teary-eyed again. :Madonna041:

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic