Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

"why repeating the same concept bla bla bla" bitch because it's a giant ass retrospective release which spawns 40 years of music and all the elements in the cover takes something from the past compilations (the 80s pic for TIC, collage of covers for GHV2 and the newspaper effect from celebration) and put them all together for the definitive hit compilation, it makes total sense.

Also a redeeming factor for the GHV2 and Celebration concepts which were already iconic but wasted on messy, universally hated releases with no heart into it while now they're part of her most important retrospective project in her career so far so please don't spam the same complaints of May again, so dated xd

2 hours ago, Humanfly said:

are you people still bitching about the art. Lmao

Thats the hill i will definitely die on. Its ugly, cheap, awful, and people shat on Hard Candy's cover and other single covers yet like this one? Sorry but that is just plain UGLY. if you like it more power to you but any and everytime i see it i will bitch. I will bitch and bitch and bitch some more. 

The sad part is there are so many talented fans who have done so many great concepts yet this Brainwash abortion is the one we're stuck with. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thats the hill i will definitely die on. Its ugly, cheap, awful, and people shat on Hard Candy's cover and other single covers yet like this one? Sorry but that is just plain UGLY. if you like it more power to you but any and everytime i see it i will bitch. I will bitch and bitch and bitch some more. 

The sad part is there are so many talented fans who have done so many great concepts yet this Brainwash abortion is the one we're stuck with. 

you're Stuck with it and  i am Blessed with it.

I'll pass judgment on the cover art and liner notes until I'm holding it in my hands, but I'm fine with the NFT version so far. Lol. 
I've been streaming it via Spotify, or Apple Music for offline. I would say the 50 #1's is the definitive version, and I'm glad that my favorite mix of Like A Prayer is on the "standard" edition. 
more than anything, it's good to see the good 'ol WB publicity machine at work again. We were a spoiled bunch before Interscope. 

9 hours ago, Andreo said:

"why repeating the same concept bla bla bla" bitch because it's a giant ass retrospective release which spawns 40 years of music and all the elements in the cover takes something from the past compilations (the 80s pic for TIC, collage of covers for GHV2 and the newspaper effect from celebration) and put them all together for the definitive hit compilation, it makes total sense.

Also a redeeming factor for the GHV2 and Celebration concepts which were already iconic but wasted on messy, universally hated releases with no heart into it while now they're part of her most important retrospective project in her career so far so please don't spam the same complaints of May again, so dated xd

not sure the giant ass needs a retrospective

10 hours ago, Andreo said:

YES!!!!!

Celebration LP shall NEVER EVER be reissued again!

And NO vinyl treatment GHV2 permanently!!!

16 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

What Mr. Brainwash did for Celebration album graphics was fierce and iconic. This is a literal rip-off and a cheep one too. Don't understand why they had to go with the same concept twice.

A. Aldo Diaz just steals ideas from others and makes it his own (even taking backgrounds from official movie posters and claims "he made it"). 

B. Madonna probably doesn't remember the art for Celebration. 

C. Aldo is cheap and Warner probably didn't want to pay thousands for an actual graphics designer. 

19 hours ago, Lucky90210 said:

Keep streaming. This 16 track version is amazing. Great teaser for the 50 Number Ones release!1126001643_ScreenShot2022-07-14at1_40_57PM.png.dc47cb5e476518fd247719fb89570270.png

I really do love the 16 song version, more than I thought that I would.  Fitting a Madonna retrospective on one disc is a tough job but the result feels cohesive and purposeful.  And.... it is so much fun.   Cannot wait for the 50 song version!  

5 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

YES!!!!!

Celebration LP shall NEVER EVER be reissued again!

And NO vinyl treatment GHV2 permanently!!!

GHV2 was actually pretty great!  A lot of great songs.  The art work inside was pretty cool too.  No Madonna retrospective is ever gonna be perfect.... she has too much great material.  It all won't fit.  Even the Immaculate Collection had glaring misses like not including Who's that Girl (a number one song) or Causing a Commotion... among other huge singles.  I also thought that Something to Remember should have included Promise to Try and Love Tried to Welcome Me.  At least Madonna is very involved in this project.  I am not sure that she was involved at all in all of the other compilations.  She has never celebrated her past much as she is such a forward thinker.  I think that we are in for some treats moving forward.

My perfect Madonna retrospective would be a boxset with all her singles and b-sides, similar to the japanese CD-Singles boxset, but combining worldwide singles. I mean, including Spotlight from Japan,  Where's the Party from Philipines, Drowned World from Europe, Keep It together from USA... All her singles (including the promotional ones).

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

A. Aldo Diaz just steals ideas from others and makes it his own (even taking backgrounds from official movie posters and claims "he made it"). 

C. Aldo is cheap and Warner probably didn't want to pay thousands for an actual graphics designer. 

He also literally photoshops her on other people's bodies too which i mean...is just wrong. 

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Drowned World is definitely my jam on that release.  

I always liked that song but when she named the tour after it and then added it to GHV2 it definitely became a fav. I was SO happy when she did it on Confessions...it definitely felt very important and like a true anthem. Amazing song!

On 7/14/2022 at 11:57 AM, Fabiolous said:

It's not pointless. The 16-track version is aimed at the general public that would be overwhelmed by 50 tracks (almost all of them songs that they've never even heard before). It's an introduction, that's why it came out a month early. Only people that are into it are going to listen to the 50-track version. 

It looks like the marketing team really knows what they're doing this time around 

Well when I say pointless what I meant is the selection of tracks is not the best. The 16 track collection could have been really solid.

13 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I don’t think it’s about money. I think there’s a strategy behind using fans for this stuff. Or it’s something she wants to do. This “fan engagement” stuff is the thing these days and other artists have had fans design and choose artwork and things like that.

If you read the other designer Brendan’s story of how she got in touch with him (via DM’s on insta) it’s pretty interesting. As you probably know the label rejected the design he and Madonna originally wanted.

13 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I really do love the 16 song version, more than I thought that I would.  Fitting a Madonna retrospective on one disc is a tough job but the result feels cohesive and purposeful.  And.... it is so much fun.   Cannot wait for the 50 song version!  

And we will never hear the Like A Prayer Express Yourself Vogue trio

Or the  Music Hollywood Hung Up line up.

Both are iconic.

Stream Madonna all weekend and ALL SUMMER. This is what we have been waiting for. Mad fun! This 16 track teaser has great moments. LAP, EY, V - M, H, HU are examples.

The 50 trach version will have so many more moments like this. Its really great to get this entire career retrospective in a remix format.

Very uplifting and inspiring so far.

blueMadonna_FinallyEnoughLove_1CD_ProductShot_1296x.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic