Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, rescueme said:

Wonder if the FEL vinyl sets are gonna be delayed. George Michael Older has and just received email that the Shakespear's Sister Hormonally Yours release has too.

Plus the George Michael was specifically delayed to press more stock. The GM store exclusive red vinyl had sold out but is available again now. 

1 minute ago, Lucky90210 said:

One of my favorites.

5521765.jpeg

YES. :hearteyes:

When I was in the middle of deep-diving on Madonna's discography and went in to the debut album, in just two seconds, Physical Attraction is top-tier. I don't care for the length of the track because I was just having a blast listening to it. Now with the single edit remastered, I know that I will relive the feeling of hearing it for the first time roughly 6-7 years ago. :D

Okay, this is the place I can vent my opinion…

I wish FEL was released physically the same day it hit streaming. I can’t figure out what the pro is of releasing it physically a month later…???

I get that the 16 track had to hit streaming first because if the 50 and 16 hit streaming at the same time there would be no need for the 16.

The 16 track is probably for boomers who wanna buy a cd for the car lol. 
I don’t know, can’t make sense of it, just WAITING for august 19!!!! I guess it’s better to be waiting for something rather than nothing…

Allso, the Material Girl and Hung Up remixes from Pride should have been sent to streaming the night she performed them, then she would have made a tonne from people streaming it right away. 

7 minutes ago, Brendonshayart said:

I wish FEL was released physically the same day it hit streaming. I can’t figure out what the pro is of releasing it physically a month later…???

I get that the 16 track had to hit streaming first because if the 50 and 16 hit streaming at the same time there would be no need for the 16.

I don’t know, can’t make sense of it, just WAITING for august 19!!!! I guess it’s better to be waiting for something rather than nothing…

Allso, the Material Girl and Hung Up remixes from Pride should have been sent to streaming the night she performed them, then she would have made a tonne from people streaming it right away. 

Yes I'm not sure why the Material Girl / Hung Up remixes didn't hit streaming the Friday after Pride as could have been a big win. 

I'm thinking the 16 track album along with the Ray of Light (Sasha Edit) are just to give us something while we wait for the August release of both collections etc

14 minutes ago, Brendonshayart said:

First of all, welcome and congrats on being picked for the Standard cover. :cute:

She's a collector's artist. Die hard fans will buy multiple copies of different editions of the same album. Also, the 16 track will be the main vinyl edition available, too, so not just boomers who don't know how to stream hehehe, also casual buyers.

The strategy of releasing the 16 track version earlier was to try to bring her core fan base (most of them most used to physical copies) into streaming. It's working, since she's been keeping her Spotify figures steady so far even with the "Frozen" remix trend dying now. So it's a win-win for her: fans are streaming the album and also will buy (or have already pre-ordered) the physicals.

I totally agree with "Material Girl" and "Hung Up" remixes being available, but the night she performed was the night "Finally Enough Love" Standard was released into streaming, so that was not possible then. It's been 4 weeks now, though.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic