Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

Screaming

The tk tk tk trap sounds are probably samples from MP3’s on one of those “free loop” sites 

Apparently, when one buys a Frozen on Fire hi-res audio in 24/96, you can hear Madonna whispering, "another Frozen remix #soon" if one filters out the sub-bass. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, that is what I mean: nowadays in music a remaster is to take the final stereo mix and to change the EQ and the volume. And to me that is not a proper "remaster". And I've said earlier, that is no bad.

In movies for example, a remastered sound is to create a new re-mix from the multitracks (to obtain a better stereo track, or a new 5.1 track, etc, etc, etc). So to me the word "remaster" means to works with multitrack (or stems).

Well yeah but still there are some veteran sound engineers like Bernie Grundman which create amazing audiophile remastering without ever going into the multitracks. Which are universally praised as superior to the original mastering. 
It’s too bad Madonna doesn’t take this kind of interest in her back catalogue. 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

The Beatles' White Album, Srgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club, Abby Road and Let It Be are remixed to make them sound more modern and some OG fans hated the new mix. I live for the new mixes.

That's why I agree with @Aiwa08 saying that they must use the stems with effects baked in them so that the mastering engineers will improve on them further without altering the mix that is familiar to a lot of people.

Yes but when you tweak with the multitracks it changes the original song instead of just improving which some people will love but others want the original but better sounding. 
An example of this is Love Don’t Live Here Anymore on STR. 
Personally I’d love for that entire album to be reworked like that. But many fans don’t like that updated version

2 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well yeah but still there are some veteran sound engineers like Bernie Grundman which create amazing audiophile remastering without ever going into the multitracks. Which are universally praised as superior to the original mastering. 
It’s too bad Madonna doesn’t take this kind of interest in her back catalogue. 

All hope lies in the original master tapes where her albums are sitting in their original mastering. Then again, we may never know if it's mainly expanded versions of her albums or if it would also include some remastering.

We'll know when we get there, I suppose.

s8WQ1Tq.gif

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

All hope lies in the original master tapes where her albums are sitting in their original mastering. Then again, we may never know if it's mainly expanded versions of her albums or if it would also include some remastering.

We'll know when we get there, I suppose.

s8WQ1Tq.gif

My main problem with the remastering on FEL is that they didn’t go back to the original flat transfers. They’re applying remastering on top of the original mastering. Which is very unprofessional.

Luckily, except for Deeper, they all seem to sound good so far. But audiophile quality they are not lol

Just now, thegoldencalf said:

Yes but when you tweak with the multitracks it changes the original song instead of just improving which some people will love but others want the original but better sounding. 
An example of this is Love Don’t Live Here Anymore on STR. 
Personally I’d love for that entire album to be reworked like that. But many fans don’t like that updated version

Ugh, the added instruments in LDLHA in STR just makes the song even better and more dramatic.

I think to keep things safe, Warner/Rhino are better off just digitizing the master tapes and remaster it so it sounds better in today's mastering standard. Some OG fans would want it just how it is, just better sounding.

Just now, Roy said:

Ugh, the added instruments in LDLHA in STR just makes the song even better and more dramatic.

I think to keep things safe, Warner/Rhino are better off just digitizing the master tapes and remaster it so it sounds better in today's mastering standard. Some OG fans would want it just how it is, just better sounding.

Yes. Personally I love the music on LAV but not the flat metallic overall sound of the album. It’s the only one that I’d rebuild from scratch. That STR remix is gorgeous.

They could release the original album remastered and a re-mixed version 

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

My main problem with the remastering on FEL is that they didn’t go back to the original flat transfers. They’re applying remastering on top of the original mastering. Which is very unprofessional.

But except for Deeper, they all seem to sound good so far. But audiophile quality they are not lol

D&D still has me on a tight grip. It's like the first time listening to the song when I reached Erotica. :Madonna019:

Personally, it delivered well and I have no problems with the remastering despite of the squashed dynamics but yeah, it would have been better to build a new remastering process from unmastered tracks but I fear that would be impossible since they're already master when they reached to Mike Dean's hands and software.

I disagree with those saying Holiday will hook the casuals in. It's one of her absolutely most played songs. It's omni present. People don't need reminding. It's like if I hear Billie Jean or Hot Stuff or When Doves Cry or Can't Get You Out Of My Head or Toxic. I just think "oh not again"and it doesn't make me want to hunt that artist out.

but if I hear PYT or Dinner With Gershwin or Controversy or Get Outta My Way or Piece Of Me I usually think.."ooh yea i'll listen to the and maybe a bit more of said artist"

Something over familiar is an instant skip for me tbh.

..and besides we already had Everybody from the debut. Maybe that's a clue that the debut release is coming first after this. But wouldn't you think they'd be saving those tracks for a later release radar to promote that album?

2 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes. Personally I love the music on LAV but not the flat metallic overall sound of the album. It’s the only one that I’d rebuild from scratch. That STR remix is gorgeous.

They could release the original album remastered and a re-mixed version 

Yeah and fix some problems on the mixing, like the mixing problem on PDP where the bass guitar is panned a little to the right. I wonder how that happened. The IC version fixed that issue though.

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I disagree with those saying Holiday will hook the casuals in. It's one of her absolutely most played songs. It's omni present. People don't need reminding. It's like if I hear Billie Jean or Hot Stuff or When Doves Cry or Can't Get You Out Of My Head or Toxic. I just think "oh not again"and it doesn't make me want to hunt that artist out.

but if I hear PYT or Dinner With Gershwin or Controversy or Get Outta My Way or Piece Of Me I usually think.."ooh yea i'll listen to the and maybe a bit more of said artist"

Something over familiar is an instant skip for me tbh.

..and besides we already had Everybody from the debut. Maybe that's a clue that the debut release is coming first after this. But wouldn't you think they'd be saving those tracks for a later release radar to promote that album?

Im doubtful they have a long term strategy or plan. 

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yeah and fix some problems on the mixing, like the mixing problem on PDP where the bass guitar is panned a little to the right.

Don’t you think it’s a bit late to be fixing Papa don’t preach? 😂

And you know if they ever felt the need their solution would be to just use TIC version.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Don’t you think it’s a bit late to be fixing Papa don’t preach? 😂

And you know if they ever felt the need their solution would be to just use TIC version.

Oh god. IMAGINE.

True Blue (Remastered and Expanded)

01. Papa Don't Preach [2022 Remaster] (Q-Sound version)
02. Open Your Heart [2022 Remaster] (video version)
03. White Heat [2022 Remaster] (album version)
04. Live to Tell [2022 Remaster] (Q-sound version)
05. Where's The Party [2022 Remaster] (album version)
06. True Blue [2022 Remaster] (album version)
07. La Isla Bonita [2022 Remaster] (remix edit)
08. Jimmy Jimmy [2022 Remaster] (album version)
09. Love Makes The World Go Round [2022 Remaster] (album version)

(then some unreleased demos and tracks) [2022 Remaster]

This alone would start a riot. :wide-eyes:

We'll never know if they'd fix PDP. Maybe there's hope but I'm just being too optimistic. Sorry. :laughing:

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Everyone uses this all the time but I’m finally gonna ask: WTF DOES Q-SOUND MEAN!? :dead:

Q-sound was a mixing software that turns ordinary stereo into like a 3D stereo. The Immaculate Collection is one of the many albums engineered in Q-sound so from Holiday to Vogue, they sound 3D with headphones or speakers on.

Today, almost every DAW has 3D mixing baked in it but back then, Q-sound was used in movies, music and even arcade games.

7 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Everyone uses this all the time but I’m finally gonna ask: WTF DOES Q-SOUND MEAN!? :dead:

Time to check Wikipedia, love!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSound

Basically it was kind of an industry gimmick but sort of revolutionary at the time. It was very short-lived and people didn't give a f**k about it. (In music at least).

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic