Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Time to check Wikipedia, love!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSound

Basically it was kind of an industry gimmick but sort of revolutionary at the time. It was very short-lived and people didn't give a f**k about it. (In music at least).

Personally, it started a good talk and interest on spatial and binaural audio because now, DAW VSTs, softwares and microphones can make binaural audio. Back then, we had Q-sound.

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Q-sound was a mixing software that turns ordinary stereo into like a 3D stereo. The Immaculate Collection is one of the many albums engineered in Q-sound so from Holiday to Vogue, they sound 3D with headphones or speakers on.

Today, almost every DAW has 3D mixing baked in it but back then, Q-sound was used in movies, music and even arcade games.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Time to check Wikipedia, love!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QSound

Basically it was kind of an industry gimmick but sort of revolutionary at the time. It was very short-lived and people didn't give a f**k about it. (In music at least).

I legit couldn’t tell you the difference audio wise :Madonna003:

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Q-sound was a mixing software that turns ordinary stereo into like a 3D stereo. The Immaculate Collection is one of the many albums engineered in Q-sound so from Holiday to Vogue, they sound 3D with headphones or speakers on.

Today, almost every DAW has 3D mixing baked in it but back then, Q-sound was used in movies, music and even arcade games.

I always loved the Q Sound when I was young and blasting it on my Walkman. But is it in Q Sound on Spotify? I really can’t tell the difference when listening to it from there, it doesn’t have that same sound.

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

I legit couldn’t tell you the difference audio wise :Madonna003:

To put it simply, it's Queer Sound. Music distinctively mixed, tweaked, plucked, pinched and pulled to pure pink perfection.

or as the creator put it:

"The potent mixing technique emits sensuous vibrations that are acoustically designed to stimulate and excite one's bussy. Even the most masculine of gays cannot resist the allure and become enchanted with aural delight." 

I'm really hoping the Remasters are more than just tweaking levels. I want the difference between Holiday Album Version and Holiday The Immaculate Collection Version kind of treatment.

I actually despise any version of Holiday thats not the Immaculate Collection or a tour version. The original sounds so weak and sad. 

37 minutes ago, MatterCompressor said:

To put it simply, it's Queer Sound. Music distinctively mixed, tweaked, plucked, pinched and pulled to pure pink perfection.

or as the creator put it:

"The potent mixing technique emits sensuous vibrations that are acoustically designed to stimulate and excite one's bussy. Even the most masculine of gays cannot resist the allure and become enchanted with aural delight." 

LEGIT DEAD:Madonna009:

Yeah i'd love a Q sound level of remaster for the Holiday 3:50 edit. That's the ultimate version. A concise burst of sunshine with non of the essential bits cut out. The 6 minute version is the equivalent of a two week holiday abroad when youv'e seen and done everything and you're pretty sure you're ready to go home on day 10.

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I'm really hoping the Remasters are more than just tweaking levels. I want the difference between Holiday Album Version and Holiday The Immaculate Collection Version kind of treatment.

I actually despise any version of Holiday thats not the Immaculate Collection or a tour version. The original sounds so weak and sad. 

Well that’s a remix not a remaster. I think they did a good job with holiday on FEL

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

They should just give us what we all really want... MC Miker G & DJ Sven - Holiday Rap on fire!

5 hours ago, TOpher said:

I always loved the Q Sound when I was young and blasting it on my Walkman. But is it in Q Sound on Spotify? I really can’t tell the difference when listening to it from there, it doesn’t have that same sound.

The Q-sound mixing is already baked in the songs so yes, IC is in it's Q-sound self on Spotify.

1 hour ago, ScottyX said:

Wee bit offensive to those of us who are hearing impaired. 

There is a slight difference.

In the Q-sound mix, M's moaning is on the right channel, Lenny's vocals are on the left and the bass line sounds deeper and fuller.

M's main vocals have extra reverb on it.

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

Wee bit offensive to those of us who are hearing impaired. 

That was not my intention. Mea Culpa.

But out of curiousety: How do you listen to Madonna if you can't hear her?

I have a relative who's half def, but he loves abba!

Another girl who was completely def still had a favorite. Something about the vibrations in that singer's music...

6 minutes ago, Celebration said:

That was not my intention. Mea Culpa.

But out of curiousety: How do you listen to Madonna if you can't hear her?

I have a relative who's half def, but he loves abba!

Another girl who was completely def still had a favorite. Something about the vibrations in that singer's music...

I can hear, its just I have been wearing hearing aids for the past 5 years. Some of it was brought on by clubbing in the 2000s. Perching next to the DjBooth. Thankfully it does not affect my speech or musicianship (teacher) but it is somewhat a challenge at times in the studio.

1 minute ago, ScottyX said:

I can hear, its just I have been wearing hearing aids for the past 5 years. Some of it was brought on by clubbing in the 2000s. Perching next to the DjBooth. Thankfully it does not affect my speech or musicianship (teacher) but it is somewhat a challenge at times in the studio.

Okay.

I was a DJ in my youth, and now I have tinnitus. It's not too bad, unless I'm really stressed and tired.

Thank you for the answer.

11 hours ago, Roy said:

Ugh, the added instruments in LDLHA in STR just makes the song even better and more dramatic.

I think to keep things safe, Warner/Rhino are better off just digitizing the master tapes and remaster it so it sounds better in today's mastering standard. Some OG fans would want it just how it is, just better sounding.

Exactly. And history has shown that it’s not worth spending the money to rework things as fans don’t appreciate the result. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it!

5 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. And history has shown that it’s not worth spending the money to rework things as fans don’t appreciate the result. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it!

But just improve on it and it will make everyone, even the OG fans, give their two thumbs up. :D

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic