Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

Weak debut for "Holiday" 7'' Version on Spotify on its first day, with only 22.016 steams. Maybe some of you were right after all. :sad: Debut Spotify numbers of the other FEL advanced tracks:

- "Ray Of Light": 22.779 -> currently at 195.758

- "Deeper": 33.991 -> currently at 589.524

- "Into The Groove": can't find the original debut figure but it's now at 602.845 streams

"Holiday" is 39.897 streams now after 2 days. Nothing stellar but at least it's growing.

It's doing much better on YouTube, with 61.244 plays so far for the official visualizer.

20 hours ago, Prayer said:

Weak debut for "Holiday" 7'' Version on Spotify on its first day, with only 22.016 steams. Maybe some of you were right after all. :sad: Debut Spotify numbers of the other FEL advanced tracks:

- "Ray Of Light": 22.779 -> currently at 195.758

- "Deeper": 33.991 -> currently at 589.524

- "Into The Groove": can't find the original debut figure but it's now at 602.845 streams

What a surprise 🙄 why stream the 7" version when you can just stream the immaculate collection version if you want a short edit. This compilation had so much potential and i was sure they would really cater to a unique release on streaming but i guess they just figured most fans are too old so give em something they dont have on a CD.  At least the vinyl box set sold out so they are making a buck that way and they saved on a graphic designer. A serious question though...since alot of it is already available to stream on spotify on the singles, how much will be cannibalized and where do we think it will debut on the album charts? 

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What a surprise 🙄 why stream the 7" version when you can just stream the immaculate collection version if you want a short edit. This compilation had so much potential and i was sure they would really cater to a unique release on streaming but i guess they just figured most fans are too old so give em something they dont have on a CD.  At least the vinyl box set sold out so they are making a buck that way and they saved on a graphic designer. A serious question though...since alot of it is already available to stream on spotify on the singles, how much will be cannibalized and where do we think it will debut on the album charts? 

No need to be so pessimistic. The Standard is doing good on Spotify, with most of the tracks at least close to the 200.000 streams mark now and the advanced tracks there ("Into The Groove" and "Deeper") around 600.000. Also, as you said, the 6LP box is a sold out with 6.000 copies. That's excellent for a 200$ item.

I think this compilation should be easily Top 10 in most countries when it's out in August, with the 16-track vinyl version plus the 1CD and 3CD sets. But we'll see.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

No need to be so pessimistic. The Standard is doing good on Spotify, with most of the tracks at least close to the 200.000 streams mark now and the advanced tracks there ("Into The Groove" and "Deeper") around 600.000. Also, as you said, the 6LP box is a sold out with 6.000 copies. That's excellent for a 200$ item.

I think this compilation should be easily Top 10 in most countries when it's out in August, with the 16-track vinyl version plus the 1CD and 3CD sets. But we'll see.

Lol being realistic is not pessimism and you know that. Nothing I said is even a lie. They obviously just really decided to cater to the physical release knowing the old fans who don't stream will really gobble that up. Also, the 16 track sales/streams will be combined with the #50 version? And realistically speaking is this going to be the "blue print" of the reissues? I dont follow other older artists so i really wouldnt know how this compares to say for example MJ or Prince (although i do know they have reissues). They only artist I can really compare is Garbage who put in alot of love and care into remastering and giving fans ALOT of exclusive content (sadly minus V2.0).

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol being realistic is not pessimism and you know that. Nothing I said is even a lie. They obviously just really decided to cater to the physical release knowing the old fans who don't stream will really gobble that up. Also, the 16 track sales/streams will be combined with the #50 version? And realistically speaking is this going to be the "blue print" of the reissues? I dont follow other older artists so i really wouldnt know how this compares to say for example MJ or Prince (although i do know they have reissues). They only artist I can really compare is Garbage who put in alot of love and care into remastering and giving fans ALOT of exclusive content (sadly minus V2.0).

The 16-track version will be combined with the 50-track version of course, just like "Celebration" Standard and Deluxe counted as the same album or any other album with different versions.

I don't think you're being realistic, sorry, just expressing your opinion and being negative for the sake of it. We don't have any proof that this project was going to be initially streaming only and later decided to go physical too, you're just assuming that. (I really doubt it, though, since legacy releases and artists always rely on physical sales). Also, no proof either they they "saved" on a graphic designer, we don't know how much they charged for their work on this project. You're just assuming they worked for free - but do you really know?

whitney-houston-do-you-really-know-me.gi

Comparing to Prince, this is doing way BETTER than his latest legacy release, the "Purple Rain" live album, where the most successful track is 341.466 streams on Spotify.

And these are facts, not opinions.

The Deluxe editions of Garbage are a DREAM, that one is true. :smile:

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The 16-track version will be combined with the 50-track version of course, just like "Celebration" Standard and Deluxe counted as the same album or any other album with different versions.

I don't think you're being realistic, sorry, just expressing your opinion and being negative for the sake of it. We don't have any proof that this project was going to be initially streaming only and later decided to go physical too, you're just assuming that. (I really doubt it, though, since legacy releases and artists always rely on physical sales). Also, no proof either they they "saved" on a graphic designer, we don't know how much they charged for their work on this project. You're just assuming they worked for free - but do you really know?

whitney-houston-do-you-really-know-me.gi

Comparing to Prince, this is doing way BETTER than his latest legacy release, the "Purple Rain" live album, where the most successful track is 341.466 streams on Spotify.

And these are facts, not opinions.

The Deluxe editions of Garbage are a DREAM, that one is true. :smile:

Lol i NEVER said they were only going to do streaming. I said i THOUGHT they would focus on that. If you look at my old posts on the subject i actually comment how i really didnt think they would release a physical...never claimed that as a fact. As for saving on a graphic designer...i can tell you right now they would've spent more if they had gotten bianco or regan. The fact is like you said...holiday isnt doing well. I agreed. It isnt doing well because there are other versions already on streaming. That is a fact. That's why I brought up cannibalizing. There is nothing to make that particular version stand out especially when the other versions are on popular albums/compilations already. D&D, ROL had that luxury of not only having NO remixes on streaming but also the luxury of them not even being available on a commercial single back in the day. ITG benefits from it being the first track released and also being a more exclusive version and (lemme say this before you go crazy...MY OPINION) not being overused in her career the way Holiday is. That is not pessimism. Now...lemme throw a pessimistic comment just to show you what pessimism is...i find the release disappointing and lame. THAT is a pessimistic opinion. Know the difference. And guess what...I always defend her and am always positive towards her artistic decisions and I am entitled to not like something. It's not even a personal dig the way so many on this board do towards her appearance and personal life. 

NOW...if you excuse me...I will make my daily prayer towards Madonna and will pray that me and you can be friends and not feel like we are antagonizing one another since tone gets lost when typing things on the internet.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

There are always complaints from fans no matter who it is or what is done.

I personally think the Prince stuff has been outstanding but his mega fans seem to think otherwise. With fan communities , whether it be tv, film, video games or music it’s always a case of fans being unrealistic and having their own fantasies about how they want everything done. Usually with a limited knowledge about whatever it is they’re dreaming up.

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

Does anybody have any details on preorders for this? Are we thinking Top 10, Top 5, or even a Number 1?!

With how many variants and editions are out there I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be number 1 in the first week.

My only concern is for it to not follow on the footsteps of MadameX and after the first week to fall into the abyss.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

There are always complaints from fans no matter who it is or what is done.

I personally think the Prince stuff has been outstanding but his mega fans seem to think otherwise. With fan communities , whether it be tv, film, video games or music it’s always a case of fans being unrealistic and having their own fantasies about how they want everything done. Usually with a limited knowledge about whatever it is they’re dreaming up.

Like i said i know nothing about Prince or MJ so my only standard is Garbage which have really knocked it out of the park in terms of design, content, and sound...so if a band like Garbage can do a great job somebody like Madonna who has more resources definitely can. Before my words get twisted this is in regards to actual album reissues. 

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

With how many variants and editions are out there I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be number 1 in the first week.

My only concern is for it to not follow on the footsteps of MadameX and after the first week to fall into the abyss.

I'm not so optimistic about the number 1 since her streaming is weak.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Like i said i know nothing about Prince or MJ so my only standard is Garbage which have really knocked it out of the park in terms of design, content, and sound...so if a band like Garbage can do a great job somebody like Madonna who has more resources definitely can. Before my words get twisted this is in regards to actual album reissues. 

It always seems the lesser known bands/artists put more thought and effort into these sorts of releases. Not that I'm saying Garbage a not well known but you know what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It always seems the lesser known bands/artists put more thought and effort into these sorts of releases. Not that I'm saying Garbage a not well known but you know what I mean.

This. Garbage's Deluxe editions are amazing, with lots of b-sides, remixes, etc. but they're basically independent and own all their masters, etc. That makes things easier to include EVERYTHING. They also know what their fans want and are pleasers in that sense.

Not Madonna's case definitely. :smile:

45 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So you agree, she CAN put more thought and effort into it...but will she? Its the case of WILL she NOT CAN she. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic