43 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Finally, WB Japan has announced the Japanese version of FEL CD

Catalog Number: WPCR18532
Barcode: 4943674355389
Number of Discs: 3
Price: 4180 Yen

No changes in tracklisting except LAP is listed as 7" Remix Edit

No bonus track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catalog Number: WPCR18535
Barcode: 4943674355396
Number of Discs: 1
Price: 2420 Yen

No changes in tracklisting except LAP is listed as 7" version

No bonus track.

No indication of packaging hence not sure if both version are gonna be in digipak or CD hardcasing.

I believe there will be a beautiful OBI (confirmed) + lyrics booklet.

:03: i was hoping for the unmixed version of levitating as a bonus tbh

54 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

No bonus track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No bonus track.

No indication of packaging hence not sure if both version are gonna be in digipak or CD hardcasing.

This was the news I wanted to hear. I've been looking everywhere for a Japan listing cd. Do you have a link?  or know where to order it from?🤞

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Imagine the meltdowns on here if the rest of this release is “ remastered “ this way - especially all the vinyl bitches who have paid a fortune for this 😭 that’s why I just stick with the original cd lossless files for the best purest quality 

That’s not necessarily true. The vinyl masters are different than what’s on CD. The best example is Celebration. The CD is awfully compressed while the vinyl sounds amazing.

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

That’s not necessarily true. The vinyl masters are different than what’s on CD. The best example is Celebration. The CD is awfully compressed while the vinyl sounds amazing.

Really? :wide-eyes:

Is there a vinyl rip for the whole Celebration album available? I wanna know. 

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I don't know his experience. But I think Mike Dean is a just a producer. NOT a mastering engineer. So when we see the word REMASTERED on this release I would say it's going to be more of a Mike Dean INTERPRETATION Remix rather than a typical Remaster where Audio QUALITY is the objective. 

Engineering isn’t a new field for Mike tho. He’s been mixing and mastering for decades. 

Mastering engineers specialize in mastering though, it’s not the same as mixing or producing. Mike Dean is a music producer not a mastering engineer, it’s two very different roles. Sure, he knows how to do it but it doesn’t mean he knows how to do it as well as someone who specializes in that and does every day.

You will notice in the credits all of Madonna’s past albums have a mastering engineer listed that has mastered the album and if you Google them you will see that is their profession and all that they do and they usually have a long list of iconic albums to their name (back in the days when she used the best of the best in the industry.)

A compilation like this I bet they will have just used the already mastered versions and further “remastered” them. So don’t be surprised when songs are brick walled and sound more distorted than the originals.

1 minute ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Due to the worldwide spread of the new coronavirus infection,
HMV has been difficult to ship by international mail.
Therefore we have decided to suspend that
place a new order with the delivering address of outside Japan temporarily.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our customers.

This is what I got when I tried to order about 10 hours ago - comes up at checkout 

12 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

No bonus track.

No bonus track.

No bonus tracks! 😔😔😔

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

OK, now you're all making a disaster/"Celebration" bad remastering scenario for "Finally Enough Love" when the reality is we've had so far a not perfect, but rather good one remaster ("Into The Groove") and another one not that good that comes from an "already not that good" master, anyway ("Deeper And Deeper").

Don't get me wrong, I've always said I prefer NO remastering at all - I was super happy when the back catalogue digital singles were released as they were, without sound boosting or anything. But I also understand that in a 2022 compilation that simply can't happen. General public simply don't expect to have to turn the volume uuuup to listen to something. A product like this needs to meet the nowadays standards.

Let's wait, there will be another advanced track soon and then we'll have a fuller picture.

And by the way, almost everyone in the music business would kill to work with Mike Dean. If that man isn't experienced enough for you to handle this project I don't know who it can be then. :polish:

A prominent mastering engineer lol

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

OK, now you're all making a disaster/"Celebration" bad remastering scenario for "Finally Enough Love" when the reality is we've had so far a not perfect, but rather good one remaster ("Into The Groove") and another one not that good that comes from an "already not that good" master, anyway ("Deeper And Deeper").

Don't get me wrong, I've always said I prefer NO remastering at all - I was super happy when the back catalogue digital singles were released as they were, without sound boosting or anything. But I also understand that in a 2022 compilation that simply can't happen. General public simply don't expect to have to turn the volume uuuup to listen to something. A product like this needs to meet the nowadays standards.

I'm sorry but I'm not agree with you. For me the original master of "Deeper And Deeper" sounds really good. Please, put the original CD promo or just the commercial CD-Single on a good stereo system, turn the volume up, and listen it before to say that. 

Thanks God for the vinyl version remastered without the dynamic range destroyed (that is the problem on digital, the dynamic range compression, not the new remaster).

29 minutes ago, sidney78a said:

am I the only one satisfied with deeper & deeper remastering? lol:jamming:

Again, the problem it's not the deeper & deeper remastering. It's the compression (to sound louder in tablets, cell phones, etc, etc, etc). They are two concepts totally different. But the compression is a problem in Madonna's CDs since American Life.

https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/1/year/desc?artist=madonna (Red is bad, Green is good)

33 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm sorry but I'm not agree with you. For me the original master of "Deeper And Deeper" sounds really good. Please, put the original CD promo or just the commercial CD-Single on a good stereo system, turn the volume up, and listen it before to say that. 

Thanks God for the vinyl version remastered without the dynamic range destroyed (that is the problem on digital, the dynamic range compression, not the new remaster).

Can you share the original please? I don't have the original promo or the files, so the only way to compare with the now released remaster was the YouTube uploads of it (one claimed to be HQ but we know YouTube compress the hell out of everything).

Thanks!

Edit: I realized this might be against the forum rules!! If that's the case sorry and forget about it. :cute:

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic