Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m curious about the “ remastering “ on this so far - has it just been boosted so it sounds like 2022 music or do we think they went to the multi tracks ? I’m serous thinking it’s the former lazy option 🤨

Seems like the lows and highs are boosted to give the songs that good lift then compressed to match with the volume and mastering of the latest remixes. That's the case of the old remixes. As for the recent ones, the EQing is subtle. VERY subtle.

Personally, it gets the job done and it makes the past remixes sound good.

Just now, Roy said:

Seems like the lows and highs are boosted to give the songs that good lift then compressed to match with the volume and mastering of the latest remixes. That's the case of the old remixes. As for the recent ones, the EQing is subtle. VERY subtle.

The job on Everybody is amazing

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Everybody, Into the groove, like a prayer and  Express yourself sound amazing, especially EY the different layering of vocals sounds amazing on my stereo system 

This is a remaster I can get into, just with slightly less compression but still. They did a beautiful job.

CAN'T WAIT FOR MY GIRL PHYSICAL ATTRACTION TO ARRIVE. :hyper:

43 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Can't wait for Keep It Together. Wish we had the Bye Bye Baby MTV Remix.

I’m kind of shocked bye bye baby wasn’t a dance #1 - I wish we had gotten her full voice on the NY hip hop remix it’s one of my faves 

imagine if Waiting had some dance remixes with just her saying next time u want pussy just look in the mirror baby just throughout the whole song with the bass thumping 

4 hours ago, Roy said:

I agree - I also think it would be really hard to re build / re master from the multi tracks - as it would depend on the individual files given to the remixers to begin with - but I guess if you were re mastering each individual track that would not be an issue, just that it might be loosy to being with? 

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Has anyone compared these songs with their originals?    Structure wise... don't most of them have parts that have been edited to be more concise or am I making stuff up? 

Nope. Structure-wise, no differences.

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree - I also think it would be really hard to re build / re master from the multi tracks - as it would depend on the individual files given to the remixers to begin with - but I guess if you were re mastering each individual track that would not be an issue, just that it might be loosy to being with? 

It depends on the source material for each remix but CD quality or master tapes, for as long as the remastering process is very good, then I am all for it. :D

Though it would have been nice if they would ask for the master tapes from each remixer but it would take some time. That is if they still have it or if Warner has it in their vaults but hey, it's all good. :D

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic