Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

20 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m hoping her comment “working on something special “ is the first album reissue but I feel like it’s getting a bit late now for an October announcement? It’s nearly been a year since the Warner deal and still no news of any demos etc - sorry I don’t count FEL as this is content we already have - I’m more interested in unreleased stuff and to see what blueprint she will be using for the album reissues and also will there be any video content ( dvd , blu ray etc ) 

"something special" = another NFT

They'll announce when it's getting announced and then they'll announce everything at once. Madonna doesn't like to leaky, leaky, leaky

16 minutes ago, Roy said:

THIS OUR SHIT. I WANT THIS AS THE LEAD SINGLE.

Twerk Twerking Gif GIF

That or the final version in "Just Say Roe." Either will suffice. :D

It's a deluxe edition, both can be released together. :sexy:

My only concern is the remixes. They are too much, and many of them available only on vinyl or cassette. It's impossible to include all of them in a deluxe version. They should be available on streaming.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's a deluxe edition, both can be released together. :sexy:

My only concern is the remixes. They are too much, and many of them available only on vinyl or cassette. It's impossible to include all of them in a deluxe version. They should be available on streaming.

I think for the CD release, just selected remixes, maybe two for each single then the rest can be on streaming, especially Deeper and Deeper, Fever, Bad Girl, Bye Bye Baby and Rain.

19 minutes ago, Roy said:

I think for the CD release, just selected remixes, maybe two for each single then the rest can be on streaming, especially Deeper and Deeper, Fever, Bad Girl, Bye Bye Baby and Rain.

She should include the remix edits (preferably the unreleased ones, or never available on digital). The extended versions should be released on streaming. Of course I wanna all of them on a Deluxe edition, but no one is going to buy an 8-CD boxset.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

She should include the remix edits (preferably the unreleased ones, or never available on digital). The extended versions should be released on streaming. 

I was thinking that the extended mixes for the singles could fit in the deluxe CD but just in another CD.

CD1: Remastered Erotica album
CD2: Unreleased tracks/Rain Tapes (?)
CD3: Select remixes (extended, edits, unreleased, released, rejects, etc...)
CD4 (optional): more remixes...?

The other remixes can be in digital streaming.

That's my vision for the deluxe CD. :D

For my part I'm terribly pessimistic: I think we will get the regular album with horrible equalizing and some of the already released remixes. No demos or unreleased stuff at all. And an uninteresting booklet with pictures in bad quality and with many errors (Produced by William Orbit etc.).  Please M, prove me wrong! :03:

5 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

4a9890104612089.62ae996483613.jpg

This Erotica mock up on blue-and-white splatter vinyl by the lovely @WhitePanda makes me h word. SOmething like this would be amazing

https://www.behance.net/gallery/104612089/Madonna-Erotica-Expanded-Box-Set

I still think about her, Brendan and we all do.

Maybe Mr. WhitePanda might have been working with M secretly for reissues and he's just enjoying our agony in here, eh? :Madonna009:

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m hoping her comment “working on something special “ is the first album reissue but I feel like it’s getting a bit late now for an October announcement? It’s nearly been a year since the Warner deal and still no news of any demos etc - sorry I don’t count FEL as this is content we already have - I’m more interested in unreleased stuff and to see what blueprint she will be using for the album reissues and also will there be any video content ( dvd , blu ray etc ) 

Sure.

Compared to the first remix project, You can dance, FEL is just the lazyest thing ever.

In 1987, it was a record made of new remixes in a complete program and including a brand new song and perhaps one of the 5 best shooting ever of her whole career.

If only FEL had all remixes mixes onto each others... I like the project but ain't no big deal... Not even one complete new remixe no one has ever heard (only new edits of past remixes). Not even a new song. At then end, Material gworll could have been part of FEL if they had included some new remixes on it...

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

if this is official, I want it desperately on the Erotica Deluxe version. It's like a "Rescue Me" new version.

A reworking of this version of GTI (Straight Pass) would be spot on, an anthem for our current times!

This could also be an opportunity to celebrate Shep Pettibone's accomplishments in music and hopefully, inspire new work!

I think an Erotica reissue would be a huge undertaking, if done the way we want it. 

Could it be something (easy/simple/limited) for this year's RSD Black Friday?

16 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Sure.

Compared to the first remix project, You can dance, FEL is just the lazyest thing ever.

In 1987, it was a record made of new remixes in a complete program and including a brand new song and perhaps one of the 5 best shooting ever of her whole career.

If only FEL had all remixes mixes onto each others... I like the project but ain't no big deal... Not even one complete new remixe no one has ever heard (only new edits of past remixes). Not even a new song. At then end, Material gworll could have been part of FEL if they had included some new remixes on it...

You are missing the point... This is a compilation with 50 #1. A compilation. It's not a remix album like You Can Dance. A lot of us have these remixes because we are fans, but many remixes available on FEL are "promo only".

And thank God for separate tracks, unmixed. 

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are missing the point... This is a compilation with 50 #1. A compilation. It's not a remix album like You Can Dance. A lot of us have these remixes because we are fans, but many remixes available on FEL are "promo only".

I haven't missed anything. I know how to read. But I regret the project to be a bit lazy. Nothing new under the sun... Too bad.

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

You Can Dance is mixed like a DJ set while FEL is essentially a compilation. 😁

Remember when we all thought it would follow YCD with like a DJ set mix? It would be messy with FEL. 

4 minutes ago, Roy said:

You Can Dance is mixed like a DJ set while FEL is essentially a compilation. 😁

Remember when we all thought it would follow YCD with like a DJ set mix? It would be messy with FEL. 

I don't ask for a You can dance 2.

Just would have loved something less lazy, more creative on FEL.

7 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I haven't missed anything. I know how to read. But I regret the project to be a bit lazy. Nothing new under the sun... Too bad.

It's a new compilation, with many tracks that were only physically available if you had enough money to buy promo-CDs. 

And by definition, a compilation is a collection of released songs. And FEL it's almost a perfect compilation.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

She should include the remix edits (preferably the unreleased ones, or never available on digital). The extended versions should be released on streaming. Of course I wanna all of them on a Deluxe edition, but no one is going to buy an 8-CD boxset.

I disagree. What we have to remember here is that Warner have negotiated a deal (contract) for “extensive, expansive, deluxe” editions of her landmark albums. From those keywords in last years press release, we are going to be looking at boxsets which will include a lot of material. Remastered album, B Sides, remixes and unreleased tracks, I would say would be the minimum. If it was a case of just remastering the album and sticking a few remixes on the end of it, I would imagine they would have been released a lot earlier than this. I think the fact that it has nearly been twelve months since the initial press release means they have been working on a lot more than just a remaster and a few remixes. 

She may release an “8 CD set” (for example) as a limited release, like the 6 LP set for FEL, and then a smaller set for the general public who perhaps would not want all of the extras that the hardcore fans will want. Time will tell, but my hopes are high ❤️

1 minute ago, RyanUK said:

I disagree. What we have to remember here is that Warner have negotiated a deal (contract) for “extensive, expansive, deluxe” editions of her landmark albums. From those keywords in last years press release, we are going to be looking at boxsets which will include a lot of material. Remastered album, B Sides, remixes and unreleased tracks, I would say would be the minimum. If it was a case of just remastering the album and sticking a few remixes on the end of it, I would imagine they would have been released a lot earlier than this. I think the fact that it has nearly been twelve months since the initial press release means they have been working on a lot more than just a remaster and a few remixes. 

She may release an “8 CD set” (for example) as a limited release, like the 6 LP set for FEL, and then a smaller set for the general public who perhaps would not want all of the extras that the hardcore fans will want. Time will tell, but my hopes are high ❤️

As I've said, I want the "8-CD set" too. But I see that hypothetical boxset impossible. 

6 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

A little bulk of new remixes no one ever knew before.

Maybe one unreleased club track too (like the #51 club n°1 ?)

A better sleeve too...

I see. I do get your vision. However, I believe that the remix compilation is curated for the general public with remixes that may be familiar or may be of their taste, plus a couple of promo remixes not heard before.

I am intrigued with unreleased remixes though. That would be cool to have. 😊

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Oh wow.

If that's the case, Warner must be making up for lost time and for messing up her departure back in 2009 with Celebration. 

Still, wanna keep expectations low but I think they will deliver well. Let's see. 😁

24 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Maybe one unreleased club track too (like the #51 club n°1 ?)

You do realize that the chart has been suspended since 2020? It may even stay so for good. You're trying to rationalize a simple dislike for this compilation, maybe accept that it's not for you. Many fans, myself included, are very happy about most aspects of it. The only thing I strongly dislike is the artwork, really.

1 hour ago, shakeyerdix said:

best shooting ever of her whole career.

Also, this made me chuckle. Makes her sound like a mass murderer.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic