Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

When you say quality, is that because you've been disappointed in the past?

The reality is, there will be items in each release they do that will be limited so it's a case of order it while there is an allocation available.

On the flipside if you buy something that is limited and are unhappy with it, you can take confidence in the fact that you will have no trouble selling it etc 

Yeah pretty much all of the vinyl reissues with the scanned sleeves have made me keep my distance. But yes get your point. 
I just think the vinyl market at the moment is taking the absolute piss in terms of pricing. The new Beyoncé vinyl is nearly £70. 

I just won’t pay it. I know you are getting a lot more for your money here with 6 vinyls but comparatively I wonder if the quality of the presses and artworks is lessened to save money because the production costs are higher all round.

I’d expect to pay around £70-80 for a 6 vinyl set not £150 personally but I know they’re prices of yesteryear. I mean the two disc vinyl is only £32 quid so times that by three? Feels like a fleecing operation. 

The Queen one is stunning and is £100

with all different coloured vinyls.

Abba is 10 vinyls and is only £10 more than Madonna’s.

Sade £130 for six vinyls.

Just like with her ticket prices Madonna always gotta try and fleece us that little bit extra, and I’m not mad on the design aspect. 

but I’m sure those who have it will cherish and love it so it’s all good. They’ll be other things coming along that I’m bound to snatch up x 

On 8/12/2022 at 4:35 PM, steady75 said:

Tbh I really want to see what the quality is like before I spend that much on an item and I don’t think that’s unreasonable. It’s… a lot of money and I’d just resent it if it showed up as some cheap ass money grab item. I think the quality is going to be an example of the forthcoming reissues for a bunch of us so Warner and M have got a lot riding on this release.

Well, didn't most of the fans bad mouth about HC/Celebration/MDNA vinyl? Especially Celebration artwork, I had never seen so much hate towards such M's product. So much criticism and condemn towards "the quality" and many vowed not to get scammed by greedy WB/M. 

But when the moment Celebration LP went out of print (after 5 years aka 1825 days of release) and price rose to > $500, so many fans desperately wanna get a copy of it, some even paid > $500 and claimed that it's "worthy" despite the fact these are the same group of ppl who vowed never to get one during the initial release.

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Well, didn't the most of the fans bad mouth about HC/Celebration/MDNA vinyl? Especially Celebration artwork, I had never seen so much hate towards such M's product. So much criticism and condemn towards "the quality" and many vowed not to get scammed by greedy WB/M. 

But when the moment Celebration LP went out of print (after 5 years aka 1825 days of release) and price rose to > $500, so many fan desperately wanna get a copy of it, some even paid > $500 and claimed that it's "worthy" despite the fact these are the same group of ppl who vowed never to get one during the initial release.

People want something because it’s rare not because of the quality. Greed / capitalism, Material Gworlls etc. 

I liked Mr Brainwashes work personally and I get the pop art look as it was a “celebration” . FEL is repeating that formula for the most part but the project as a whole was not taken care of at all. 

anyone remember the abandoned commissions for the early Celebration artwork. I remember one was called Hit Lady and another one had write ups for Ray Of Light and another of her projects and the beauty of the artwork. My Good Lord. Now THAT is what I would like in a box set befitting of pop Royalty.

Queen

MADONNA

The Crown Jewels :

Somet like that would be a brilliant box set collection idea.

One for another ten years methinks though. 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

People want something because it’s rare not because of the quality. Greed / capitalism, Material Gworlls etc. 

I liked Mr Brainwashes work personally and I get the pop art look as it was a “celebration” . FEL is repeating that formula for the most part but the project as a whole was not taken care of at all. 

anyone remember the abandoned commissions for the early Celebration artwork. I remember one was called Hit Lady and another one had write ups for Ray Of Light and another of her projects and the beauty of the artwork. My Good Lord. Now THAT is what I would like in a box set befitting of pop Royalty.

Queen

MADONNA

The Crown Jewels :

Somet like that would be a brilliant box set collection idea.

One for another ten years methinks though. 

Prior to Mr. Brainwash, there were already conceptual artworks for the compilation? 

I thought he was selected at first to do the artwork.

Quick question for everyone!  I ordered the boxset and few other versions on 5/4 when it was announced.  When I click "View Order Status" it goes to "Page Not Found".  When I type my email, zip code and order number in on the website, it still doesn't locate it, but I have the email with verification, an order number and my card was charged.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I contacted Rhino this morning, waiting to hear back. 

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

But when the moment Celebration LP went out of print (after 5 years aka 1825 days of release) and price rose to > $500, so many fan desperately wanna get a copy of it, some even paid > $500 and claimed that it's "worthy" despite the fact these are the same group of ppl who vowed never to get one during the initial release.

True! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 + it wasn’t that bad… but to pay a $500 for it… NO WAY… it’s crazy to pay even $100… 4 vinyls stuffed inside a very poor packaging…. 💀

1 minute ago, Ayham said:

True! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 + it wasn’t that bad… but to pay a $500 for it… NO WAY… it’s crazy to pay even $100… 4 vinyls stuffed inside a very poor packaging…. 💀

I paid £100 for my copy and still think that was steep. I actually quite like the artwork but it's not worth the money.

7 minutes ago, chaseturtle said:

Quick question for everyone!  I ordered the boxset and few other versions on 5/4 when it was announced.  When I click "View Order Status" it goes to "Page Not Found".  When I type my email, zip code and order number in on the website, it still doesn't locate it, but I have the email with verification, an order number and my card was charged.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I contacted Rhino this morning, waiting to hear back. 

I ordered mine as a guest… I hope I’m not fucked up. 😩

5 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

I paid £100 for my copy and still think that was steep. I actually quite like the artwork but it's not worth the money.

The artwork is ART!!! Especially the one without the titles! 👌🏼 I remember the box set with CDs / DVDs was way better! 

Yeah £100 is reasonable but not more than that! 

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Talking about packaging & artworks… let’s remember that this thing exists… 😂😅🙃

9941E572-EB97-4732-B4AD-C2BCF595E46B.jpeg

It was supposed to look like a vinyl packaging for each album but to be real, they should have done better with the presentation and duplicate it.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic