Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

well. not only pandemic damage , the whole commercial remix industry was slowly dying for the last 5-7 years.
There no more house suites for 9-11 minutes from Morales or Knuckles...
Artist rarely doin club mixes packs 
Just a couple cuts for 2-3 minutes or DJs doin private bootlegs for their sets.

even remix meaning . now is more like have feat of another artist for song (Weekend's- Save Your Tears with Ariana is perfect example)

Dawn of Chromatica or Club Future Nostalgia was an event only between the hardcore fans .

21 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

image.png.566a9a488dbafda077912857aa6968fd.png

So how many remixes of Frozen will they release? All of them will be included in this compilation? :confused:

Frozen (Madonna's Version)

Frozen (Madonna and Sickick) [The Full Song]

Frozen (Madonna, Sickick and Swae Lee)

Frozen (The Blessed Madonna Remix)

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

Frozen (Madonna's Version)

Frozen (Madonna and Sickick) [The Full Song]

Frozen (Madonna, Sickick and Swae Lee)

Frozen (The Blessed Madonna Remix)

Candy Frozen 

Frozen (Sad Girl Winter Version)

Frozen (Acoustic Version) 

Frozen (Disco Remix) 

7 hours ago, Askeroff said:

well. not only pandemic damage , the whole commercial remix industry was slowly dying for the last 5-7 years.
There no more house suites for 9-11 minutes from Morales or Knuckles...
Artist rarely doin club mixes packs 
Just a couple cuts for 2-3 minutes or DJs doin private bootlegs for their sets.

even remix meaning . now is more like have feat of another artist for song (Weekend's- Save Your Tears with Ariana is perfect example)

Dawn of Chromatica or Club Future Nostalgia was an event only between the hardcore fans .

This. But I think it's about double that time. I mentioned earlier that the mid 90's to about 2003 was the most magical time for the dance remix. You could add maybe a handful of years after that. Maxi singles were an event. And they made me fall in love with many artists whose original work didn't quite grab me, but those remixes??!! Whitney's "My Love Is Your Love" singles run, Mariah, Deborah Cox, and many others. I heard a podcast with Eddie X, who officially remixed "Hung Up". He said record labels didn't need to pay for remixes anymore when you can just upload the acapella and let people do it for free. I love a good bootleg....but God dammit those were the days *shakes cane*

2 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

This. But I think it's about double that time. I mentioned earlier that the mid 90's to about 2003 was the most magical time for the dance remix. You could add maybe a handful of years after that. Maxi singles were an event. And they made me fall in love with many artists whose original work didn't quite grab me, but those remixes??!! Whitney's "My Love Is Your Love" singles run, Mariah, Deborah Cox, and many others. I heard a podcast with Eddie X, who officially remixed "Hung Up". He said record labels didn't need to pay for remixes anymore when you can just upload the acapella and let people do it for free. I love a good bootleg....but God dammit those were the days *shakes cane*

time and the industry has changed, the ways of obtaining information too.
but it still excites when on discogs you see a single that has 50 different editions on vinyl, cd ... :Madonna041:

2 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

If only that Sickick mix was good, it would be worth milking it. Why this is getting so many streams is a mystery to me...

It's a viral hit thanks to Tik Tok. It's a mood, a vibe. It's been added to all the viral and teen playlists on Spotify. And she's getting her first real viral hit in years. Thanks to this remix she's reaching a target audience who probably didn't even know who she really was apart from this older 80s, 90s pop artist. The original "Frozen" is also getting benefited from this. The music video went from 100 to almost 130 million plays on YouTube. What's not to like? Of course they're gonna milk it and I hope it's included on the new remix compilation.

Good for the original song and video if they get streams and views, but that's about it. Quality wise, that mix is useless. Gimme a beat and the pellas and I'll do the same in Acid Studio.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but chasing TikTok trends is the lowest music has gone lately. I hope none of the other 49 #1s will get that treatment.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

All this remix crap is just delaying the Warner reissues ??

I think everyone needs to reset expectations about how long the reissues will take. They have to staff up the project, make sure it's done very well. I can only imagine the bureaucracy and politics that will go into each of the albums to get them finished, let alone booking the time for the best people to work on them. Especially work to remaster the older ones will involve a lot of careful work in the studio with the tapes/files. Then there's just waiting for M to review and comment on them herself... So many moving parts, I don't envy the person managing the project(s) (hopefully not Emily).

26 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

i would not be surprised if she delays the reissues for when she releases her movie so im not getting hopes up about them 

Nothing right now is planned around the movie. She said herself that the movie will take a long time and she’s even considering making another album before then. 
Probably the movie will be tied in with some anthology and special box sets plus the soundtrack.

The reissues should be released before the movie so people can go purchase them after they see it. Otherwise they’ll just get the standard albums and not bother with anything updated down the line

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Nothing right now is planned around the movie. She said herself that the movie will take a long time and she’s even considering making another album before then. 
Probably the movie will be tied in with some anthology and special box sets plus the soundtrack.

The reissues should be released before the movie so people can go purchase them after they see it. Otherwise they’ll just get the standard albums and not bother with anything updated down the line

I thought she said that she would maybe record while making the movie .."she know how to multitask make a film write a song " im think the movie will start filming in spring - maybe summer - it wont take longer than six months to finish 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic