Jump to content

Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones Streaming in June!! (Out August 19th!)


RUADJAI
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What charts is the song. For instance, a whole package of remixes can be sent to the clubs, but the song is what's gonna end up charting.

So she has 50 Billboard Dance Club #1's.... Obviously for instance Don't Cry for Me Argentina didn't chart for the soundtrack version, so was it a specific remix that went #1, or the single as a whole? Im trying to see if we can deduce the tracklist or will she be able to choose any of the remixes for each song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

So she has 50 Billboard Dance Club #1's.... Obviously for instance Don't Cry for Me Argentina didn't chart for the soundtrack version, so was it a specific remix that went #1, or the single as a whole? Im trying to see if we can deduce the tracklist or will she be able to choose any of the remixes for each song. 

"Argentina" was a #1 Dance hit for the Miami remix, obviously, but what I mean is that that #1 Dance is simply credited to "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", Madonna and that's it.

If she wants to do like a "50+1" Kylie package - sorry for bringing that out again but it's the only example I can think of - she can choose whatever remix she wants or likes best from each song, and that would cover that #1.

For instance, on the stories she uploaded yesterday we could hear the "Club 69 Remix" of "Nothing Really Matters", then than selection would cover the #1 for "Nothing Really Matters" - and same with the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

"Argentina" was a #1 Dance hit for the Miami remix, obviously, but what I mean is that that #1 Dance is simply credited to "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", Madonna and that's it.

If she wants to do like a "50+1" Kylie package - sorry for bringing that out again but it's the only example I can think of - she can choose whatever remix she wants or likes best from each song, and that would cover that #1.

Or perhaps she'll just let Mike Dean and that Lauren girl just do what they want with the stems. :Madonna001:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bet the new remix of Frozen by Sickick will also make it onto the compilation.

If I were to make choices, I would either enlist top DJs to remix all 50 hits (though that would mean a lot of hard work and would probably postpone the release until the second half of 2022), or else have all the songs mixed like a continuous set meaning that some songs would probably be retained in their original (album version) form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

Though it’s clear she is listening through all the songs so maybe she is “personally curating” as per the Warner’s Statement.

This is never good for fans . Look at GHV2. 

GHV2 was actually great!  I would have loved two new tracks but it was great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

GHV2 was actually great!  I would have loved two new tracks but it was great.

I was going to say lol other than the nonchronological order and missing two new tracks it felt like a good representation of her 90s work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alpha said:

I was going to say lol other than the nonchronological order and missing two new tracks it felt like a good representation of her 90s work

I agree, we also got the club mixes which I think at the time was novel - and the remix videos - sure it wasn't packaged as great as the IMC but all in all it wasn't too bad!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if she can put any material from Interscope on a Warner compilation yet..?

I don't think so.

IF the Interscope remixes are to be released like that, it'll happen no sooner than 2025.

(Cause if MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X can't be used for Warner releases before 2025, surely the same thing must go for the singles and all their remixes, right?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree, we also got the club mixes which I think at the time was novel - and the remix videos - sure it wasn't packaged as great as the IMC but all in all it wasn't too bad!

In terms of graphic design it was actually. I just think the lacking of new tracks is what REALLY made it feel underwhelming. The cover image being the cover of the DWT book and very similar to the BA tour book was also a great touch even if unintentional. In my mind Run and Arioso were the two new tracks that both went top 10 lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I wonder if she can put any material from Interscope on a Warner compilation yet..?

I don't think so.

IF the Interscope remixes are to be released like that, it'll happen no sooner than 2025.

(Cause if MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X can't be used for Warner releases before 2025, surely the same thing must go for the singles and all their remixes, right?)

That’s what I was wondering. I assume playlists would be fine but anything else I don’t know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I wonder if she can put any material from Interscope on a Warner compilation yet..?

I don't think so.

IF the Interscope remixes are to be released like that, it'll happen no sooner than 2025.

(Cause if MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X can't be used for Warner releases before 2025, surely the same thing must go for the singles and all their remixes, right?)

As far as I know Interscope and Live Nation don't have any rights to her 2012-2019 catalogue, it belongs to Madonna only. Live Nation was just managing and promoting Madonna and Interscope was just printing and supplying stores with her physical releases. From 2025, Warner will have the rights to those songs too, but Madonna can have them on a Warner release now if she wants to. 

That's my understanding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

As far as I know Interscope and Live Nation don't have any rights to her 2012-2019 catalogue, it belongs to Madonna only. Live Nation was just managing and promoting Madonna and Interscope was just printing and supplying stores with her physical releases. From 2025, Warner will have the rights to those songs too, but Madonna can have them on a Warner release now if she wants to. 

That's my understanding. 

Straight from the press release:

"The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025."

If MDNA, RH and MX joins the Warner catalog in 2025, surely that must include all music from that era? Remixes too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Straight from the press release:

"The deal encompasses her entire Sire/Maverick/Warner catalog, including global smash albums such as Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, and Ray of Light. It also includes her three most recent studio albums, MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X, which will join the Warner catalog beginning in 2025."

If MDNA, RH and MX joins the Warner catalog in 2025, surely that must include all music from that era? Remixes too.

Yeah but it says they are not gonna be part of Warner until 2025, will that have any effect on newer tracks being included?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Daxkoba said:

How does the ‘You can Dance (LP cuts)’ work? All songs on the album = one single on the dance chart? So she could pick any song from that album? Because if so please let it be Physical Attraction!

 True Blue Please GIF

It would make most sense if it was Spotlight or Where's the Party. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Rory said:

Madonna’s No. 1 Billboard Dance Club Songs: Impressive instances! (from drownedmadonna.com)

1983 Holiday/Lucky Star
1984 Like a Virgin
1985 Material Girl
1985 Angel/Into the Groove
1987 Open Your Heart
1987 Causing a Commotion (Remix)
1988 You Can Dance (LP Cuts)
1989 Like a Prayer
1989 Express Yourself 
1990 Keep It Together
1990 Vogue
1991 Justify My Love
1992 Erotica
1993 Deeper and Deeper  
1993 Fever
1994 Secret
1995 Bedtime Story
1997 Don’t Cry for Me Argentina
1998 Frozen
1998 Ray of Light
1999 Nothing Really Matters
1999 Beautiful Stranger
2000 American Pie
2000 Music
2001 Don’t Tell Me
2001 What It Feels Like for a Girl 
2001 Impressive Instant
2002 Die Another Day
2003 American Life
2003 Hollywood
2003 Me Against the Music, Britney Spears ft. Madonna
2004 Nothing Fails
2004 Love Profusion
2005 Hung Up
2006 Sorry
2006 Get Together
2006 Jump
2008 4 Minutes, Madonna ft Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
2008 Give It 2 Me
2009 Celebration  
2012 Give Me All Your Luvin’, Madonna ft Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012 Girl Gone Wild
2012 Turn Up the Radio
2015 Living for Love
2015 Ghosttown
2015 Bitch I’m Madonna, Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
2019 Medellín, Madonna & Maluma
2019 I Rise

2020 I Don't Search, I Find

Crave is missing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones Streaming in June!! (Out August 19th!)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...