Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

27 minutes ago, Shoful said:

No it’s not. I’m pretty sure there will be a separate Frozen EP of sorts with Swae Lee and Jozzy Remixes and whatever else

Didn’t she clarify this on the Live? That the Mike Dean/Honey 50 #1 remix project is separate from what she was previously doing in the studio with Swae?

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Didn’t she clarify this on the Live? That the Mike Dean/Honey 50 #1 remix project is separate from what she was previously doing in the studio with Swae?

Yup Exactly.

We have:

1. 50 Remix Collection (Mike Dean & Honey Dijon, so far)

2. Frozen Remix EP? (Involves Swae Lee & Jozzy)

3. Something else...

That's a weird marketing ploy.

Madonna: "Here's a new remix of one of my old number 1 billboard hits."

The General Public: "Oh fab i love it "

Madonna: "Here is a collection of my 50 billboard number 1 hits"

The General public: "Ooh I like that Frozen remix I might buy the collection"

Madonna: "Psyche"

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Frozen release dates

Europe January 23, 1998 (Radio)

United States February 19, 1998 (Radio)

United Kingdom February 23, 1998 (CD et al)

United States March 3, 1998 (CD et al, same day as album release?)

Italy January 24, 2022 (Sickkick release to radio)

interesting especially as she said good things come in threes 

maybe it was a hint after all 

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

That's a weird marketing ploy.

Madonna: "Here's a new remix of one of my old number 1 billboard hits."

The General Public: "Oh fab i love it "

Madonna: "Here is a collection of my 50 billboard number 1 hits"

The General public: "Ooh I like that Frozen remix I might buy the collection"

Madonna: "Psyche"

yeah its interesting the way she is inlcuding his remix as a surprise but this is because she wants to connect his remix to her new one - marketing 

46 minutes ago, beautifulkiller said:

yeah its interesting the way she is inlcuding his remix as a surprise but this is because she wants to connect his remix to her new one - marketing 

Yeah. She’s just trying to keep “Frozen” alive. With the tiktok remix continuing to rise, it’s smart to keep the momentum going.

9 minutes ago, Shoful said:

That’s a blessing honestly :seeno:

the small club performances are deffo a "you had to be there " kind of thing ..they dont come across well at all filmed on a mobile lol - i hated the dress as it made her look frumpy and her belly look big for some reason and i hated that wig so i am not bothered if we dont get it - its just too karaoke for madonna 

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

WAIT HOLD UP... Isn't the anniversary of Frozen in a couple weeks? What if they are waiting for then to drop these Frozen mixes and then launching the Ray of Light Reissue?

It wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to release what's arguably the most anticipated reissue first.  Just like Swift hasn't released 1989 yet. 

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

It wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to release what's arguably the most anticipated reissue first.  Just like Swift hasn't released 1989 yet. 

I would argue Red was Taylors most anticipated. You need something big to hype up the project and Madonna has more than one massive album

25 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Did she not just release Red? And the previous album before that? Give it a moment. 1989 is next. One song has already been released from it though

42 minutes ago, TOpher said:

Did she not just release Red? And the previous album before that? Give it a moment. 1989 is next. One song has already been released from it though

My point was she didn't release the most anticipated album first. I'm not really sure what you're going on about. Even if Red was the most anticipated, it also was not the first released so... thanks for the feedback?  Not really interested in arguing about piffle. We'll find out the first release for real soon enough. 

On 2/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, Jackie said:

I used to think she was trying to go for a younger crew - but I think she's well aware they ain't interested in her. She's doing music that she likes, whatever that is and is having fun. I think it's more about what she's into at the time then trying to be relevant.

Madame X is a good example - that's where she was at, at that time - it's not aimed at a young crowd, or any crowd really - it was just where she was at. 

Well, I think Madonna and Warner B are being strategic about the target audience with every release. And I think she has a good formula for success.  

The frozen #remixes are targeting GenZ, and it's working.  And the song is marketed and a sickick remix. The Spotify streaming #s will  hit 500k for the first time tomorrow (slowly going up since it was released December 3). So, it's only up from here. And, why do I say the remixes are targeting GenZ exclusively? Well, just look at the playlisting strategy the song is on. Gaming and teen Spotify playlists with 1 mill likes for first month and in the last week it got added  to the first over 2 mill likes playlists - Viral HIts and Trap Nation (all teen specific playlists).  Yes, it got 400k a day with around 5 mill likes total playlisting. So, imagine the response to it now that it got also added to the first 2 over 2 mill playlists each and more are to come in the next couple of weeks. And the fact that the song is still Top 20 in iTunes EU this week (5 in France), it's also telling - it sells.  The sickick remix has legs. It might not be your thing, but it's great for Madonna portfolio exposure. 

Just look at the comments in this section. Most on this blog are not GenZ Madonna fans and can't stand sickick 2 min remix since they love the "long winded"  10 existing remixes (5 to 8 min long versions) they grown up with in the 90s and 00s. GenZ would not listed to a song longer than 3 min. Their attitude is, if the artist can't get to the point with the song in 2 min, I don't care. Can't see most GenZ ever appreciating Madonna's amazing 90's remixes. It's not their thing.  So love to hear she is working on a set of new remixes, hopefully targeting GenZ (we already have the original remixed for Boomers and GenX). 

Now, let's talk impact of #sickick #frozen #remix to Madonna Spotify. Since its release, Madonna jumped  from < 16 mill monthly listeners to almost 18. And I am convince (maybe to optimistic) we will get over 18 in the next couple of months. All those GenZ gamers are new M listener, and I love to see it. 

M and Warner are in a complicated/challenging position to repackage and target her legacy catalog to Boomers, GenX and GenZ yet at the same time create new music to appeal to streaming generation GenZ. But if someone can is Madonna. 

11 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Frozen release dates

Europe January 23, 1998 (Radio)

United States February 19, 1998 (Radio)

United Kingdom February 23, 1998 (CD et al)

Italy January 24, 2022 (Sickkick release to radio)

Has anyone seen impact numbers or posts about the sickick #frozen #remix release to Italian radio? We are now more than a week in. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic