Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

This is a good point. Fans are always begging for unreleased material but so much stuff now has leaked that the hardcore fans will probably have most of what’s worth hearing.

For me personally I would love to have all the remixes of each era compiled in one boxset.

Eg. For each project: 

- Original album

- 2 disc of remixes and b-sides

- 1 or 2 disc of unreleased demos

- dvd with music videos, concert or live tv performances 

Just having all the remixes and bonus tracks from an era on vinyl will be spectacular. Of course I can “make my own” with dodgy leaked MP3’s but that is not the same.

The Prince and George Michael packages are perfect examples.

I already foresee the drama when the First Album is re-released in a special version including the "rare B-side" Ain't no big deal and a few remixes and that's all. The real treat would be to have the different demos of the song produced by Kamins, Jellybean and Bray.

Same if they release Like a prayer with Supernatural or Angels without First is a kiss or Love attack. It's also about time to hear the demos from the tape. Will they really be so generous?

1 hour ago, milotjuh said:

Agreed, the red seems the most widely available across vendors. If the Walmart red truly has a slightly different cover that might be the most rare. Amazon I don't know.. on Amazon Germany it's sold out, but if it's still available on US/UK that doesn't seem very limited. So, I think clear and/or slipmat as well.

Amazon tend to restock if it sells out quickly. Not always though. 

I think I've cracked the exclusives. Red is indie exclusive worldwide but Walmart exclusive in the US. Indie exclusive in the US is black with slipmat. 

I haven't seen the red for sale on any other US websites and I haven't seen the slipmat version on any UK/ Europe sites. Be good to know if anyone else has. 

So that leaves the US exclusive for the clear vinyl... 

1 hour ago, FameForLove said:

I've got a feeling the clear vinyl will be the rarest. Indie exclusives (red) tend to be plentiful, as do Amazon exclusives (silver). 

Potentially the black with the free slipmat, if it's genuinely exclusive and not included with every copy. 

The clear one is available on both FNAC & JB-HiFi, and it's still available.

PS: JB-HiFi seems to restrict the shipping outside Australia hence FNAC is your best choice.

1 hour ago, ScottyX said:

What's different about the Walmart one other than their usual sticker difference lol

FYI  

7 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

No - I spoke to Brendon and it's a variation - the correct and final approved version is on all the other vinyls. Not sure why the Walmart one uses an earlier version

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

I really hope she gets a number 1 with this release especially in the UK, it will be nice to see her having appreciation for her music when her image has been so negative here for the past couple of years. 

Me too, she hasn't had a number one album in the UK since, MDNA in 2012.

3 hours ago, milotjuh said:

The writing across her forehead is slightly different; apparently, it's an earlier draft..  However, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up looking exactly the same.

The writing on her forehead is in case she wanders about outside and gets lost, at least someone can tell who she is and ring Guy to come collect her

9 minutes ago, mrmadonna said:

it is rather weird that the Junior Vasquez' remixes of Secret and Bedtime Story are included.
The people in her team are clearly not fans and hardly know much about her songs and their history.

It stopped being weird 21 years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/761881-Madonna-GHV2-Remixed-The-Best-Of-1991-2001

It would be incredibly weird (and petty) to try to erase Junior Vasquez from his rightful place in Madonna dance history.

1 hour ago, mrmadonna said:

Besides the exclusion of Lucky Star, Angel and Causing A Commotion, it is rather weird that the Junior Vasquez' remixes of Secret and Bedtime Story are included.
The people in her team are clearly not fans and hardly know much about her songs and their history.

Meanwhile, fans like us, continue to buy her stuff to make our collections complete. lol. go amazon GIF

Again? Angel was never Number 1 on the Dance Chart, Into The Groove (the b-side) was. Same for Lucky Star, as Holiday was number 1 and it was the b-side of Lucky Star. As for Causing A Commotion she released an entire EP with the mixes just last month. Madonna curated the playlist, and it's clear it was her because of the inclsuion of Everybody and Physical Attraction. You can believe it or not, as for the Junior mixes she performed the Bedtime Story one at the Brit Awards and the Secret one is the popular one (with a video remix).

Reseearch first, than comment. 

46 minutes ago, mrmadonna said:

Besides the exclusion of Lucky Star, Angel and Causing A Commotion, it is rather weird that the Junior Vasquez' remixes of Secret and Bedtime Story are included.

Meanwhile, fans like us, continue to buy her stuff to make our collections complete. lol. go amazon GIF

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean “it’s weird”. Both of these remixes got their own remix videos and the BS one was performed at the Brit Awards. She wouldn’t let them release something she’s not in charge of.

6 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Junior Vazquez was a major part of Madonna remix history, those bedtime stories remixes were iconic, the bedtime story performance mix was far superior to the album version so he has his rightful place on this collection.

Junior's mix of BS is clearly the right choice but I would have LOVED an edit of the Orbital Mix

9 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Junior definitely deserves his remixes on here.

Bit too much Tracy Young and Offer Nissim for my liking though. I’m really unsure why she left out the Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) too, it’s the most famous mix that she performed with ‘the kiss’ 

Because that mix in basically a Dub. She went for the full vocals mixes. 

I'm not a fan of the Avicii mix of GGW, Offer Nissim was a better choice as it was used on the tour, but my favorite is the Justin Cognito Remix. But yeah, it's Avicii so it's a name and that's why it's included. The Martin Solveig mix of TUTR is also better than the Offer Nissim one.

Overall though the selection is great.

18 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Junior Vazquez was a major part of Madonna remix history, those bedtime stories remixes were iconic, the bedtime story performance mix was far superior to the album version so he has his rightful place on this collection.

I prefer the Some Bizarre Mix of Secret but I agree JV more than deserves his place on here

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Guilty

Exactly -  I love what we have got for Finally Enough Love and the Prince and George Michael reissues are perfect examples of how it should be done 

There’s also the model Depeche Mode used where for each album they released a separate boxset containing the singles from that album with their respective covers. 
But that would be a disaster for my organizing cause I’d have to find a new space for them haha

43 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Because that mix in basically a Dub. She went for the full vocals mixes. 

I'm not a fan of the Avicii mix of GGW, Offer Nissim was a better choice as it was used on the tour, but my favorite is the Justin Cognito Remix. But yeah, it's Avicii so it's a name and that's why it's included. The Martin Solveig mix of TUTR is also better than the Offer Nissim one.

Overall though the selection is great.

I feel like the Offer Nissim has good potential with a proper edit. I think none of the Radio mixes are great though.

I think there were a lot of factors in choosing the mixes. Her personal preference, variety of DJs but also which mix flows better with the previous one.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It could be the case but it’s hard to know for sure. It seems like every vinyl release nowadays is “limited,” you rush to buy it and then suddenly they press more. It’s a real marketing tactic they have over us lately with this stuff. It wouldn’t even shock me in the slightest if they sold out the 6000 and then decided to press more if the demand was there.

For eg, I thought that Madame X Pride vinyl was supposed to be “limited” as was the box set. Yet I still see them everywhere.

The problem is that currently all the vinyl plants are booked to the limit and I don’t know if they have the option to reprint more at least for the time being. 

"I think there were a lot of factors in choosing the mixes. Her personal preference, variety of DJs but also which mix flows better with the previous one."

yea calf i agree and while we could sit here all day and say "well i liked the x remix better" or "here's 5o other mixes that would have sounded better to me" or "i can't believe that they left off x" or whatever else. at the end of the day (not today) possibly the end of the day august 19th, haha) we are getting a cool new madonna collection so it's a win win 🥇 i have been trying to stay away from the forums but face it. we are in a new era.

DB3DE7EC-8CA3-44AA-99EC-BB889F6C1FC4.jpeg

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic