Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

10 hours ago, SalvoPK said:

hoping for a leftover stock for sale, or whatever, of the 6 LP box set :sad: I know I will be among a few here on the forum, but I'm literally 18 yo, I don't work, and in these cases I have to ask my parents for money, or do quick jobs :cry: the sudden announcement, the high price and the few copies available didn't help me find enough money in time!

I had just turned 15 when The Royal Box came out in 1990 priced at $99 and my pocket money was $12 a week - I paid $150 for it in 1995 when I was 20 and yeah was worth the wait. Hope you find a copy sometime :) 

I think we've all been through this...  I remember one day I saw the Japan Singles Collection boxset in a shop window, but my mother refused to buy it for me. Too expensive. I paid it much more 20 years later!

I had to buy Sexual Exposure in installments... my record shop kept it for me. It was the first BAT bootleg we had!

MjItNTA5My5qcGVn.jpeg

Now I have the money, but I feel guilty to buy all these different editions that are basically the same. I will stick to the box, but I hope the 6lps have picture sleeves, as someone said earlier, because it doesn't look that special.

6 hours ago, G House said:

Fnac? I use paypal and they don't charge you right away (or they shouldn't at least). It's a preorder, they may lower the price and if that happens they will charge you the lowest one.

What about her official store? I got charged right away... 🙃

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I think we've all been through this...  I remember one day I saw the Japan Singles Collection boxset in a shop window, but my mother refused to buy it for me. Too expensive. I paid it much more 20 years later!

I had to buy Sexual Exposure in installments... my record shop kept it for me. It was the first BAT bootleg we had!

MjItNTA5My5qcGVn.jpeg

Now I have the money, but I feel guilty to buy all these different editions that are basically the same. I will stick to the box, but I hope the 6lps have picture sleeves, as someone said earlier, because it doesn't look that special.

Exactly my feeling, I feel guilty when I buy these stuff in general coz I see them in my house kept away... So sometimes I ask myself why to buy in the first place? 😔🙄🙁

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

MjItNTA5My5qcGVn.jpeg

yes I saw the Japan singles box set for au$350 in 1996 but that was more than i was earning a week back then - finally caved and paid au$1500 in 2017 - the most I've paid for any M item (excluding VIP ticket packages) 

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

yes I saw the Japan singles box set for au$350 in 1996 but that was more than i was earning a week back then - finally caved and paid au$1500 in 2017 - the most I've paid for any M item (excluding VIP ticket packages) 

$1500!!!??????? 😮Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Hopefully we're still getting the expanded version of You Can Dance somehow:

1. Spotlight - Extended Remix
  2. Holiday - Extended Remix
  3. Everybody - Extended Remix
  4. Physical Attraction - Extended Remix
  5. Over and Over - Extended Remix
  6. Into the Groove - Extended Remix
  7. Where's the Party - Extended Remix
  8. Spotlight - Dub Version
  9. Holiday - Dub Version
  10. Over and Over - Dub Version
  11. Into the Groove - Dub Version
  12. Where's the Party - Dub Version
  13. Spotlight - Single Edit
  14. Holiday - Single Edit
  15. Everybody - Single Edit
  16. Physical Attraction - Single Edit
  17. Over and Over - Single Edit
  18. Into the Groove - Single Edit
  19. Where's the Party - Single Edit

Unavailable digitally (from CD source)
* = can be reconstructed from other sources

20 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It’s the historical live albums I’m absolutely gagging for on streaming. 
to have her incredible live concerts all beautifully presented in full.

A dream. 

Same but on vinyl. hopefully bundled in with the relevant deluxe editions :)

49 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Hopefully we're still getting the expanded version of You Can Dance somehow:

1. Spotlight - Extended Remix
  2. Holiday - Extended Remix
  3. Everybody - Extended Remix
  4. Physical Attraction - Extended Remix
  5. Over and Over - Extended Remix
  6. Into the Groove - Extended Remix
  7. Where's the Party - Extended Remix
  8. Spotlight - Dub Version
  9. Holiday - Dub Version
  10. Over and Over - Dub Version
  11. Into the Groove - Dub Version
  12. Where's the Party - Dub Version
  13. Spotlight - Single Edit
  14. Holiday - Single Edit
  15. Everybody - Single Edit
  16. Physical Attraction - Single Edit
  17. Over and Over - Single Edit
  18. Into the Groove - Single Edit
  19. Where's the Party - Single Edit

Unavailable digitally (from CD source)
* = can be reconstructed from other sources

I sure hope so too. A deluxe edition of You Can Dance could look s beautiful, and they could even include a dvd with a concert from the Who's That Girl World Tour! :) Perhaps the Mitsubishi special, to increase sales... ;)

By the way, the Dub of Spotlight is also unavailable digitally. :)

12 hours ago, Humanfly said:

the slipmat edition seems to be missing when i try to find it again today. strange

Sorry but it means SOLD OUT.

Luckily I had decided to get one on roughtrade.

The moment I made my payment, that item became sold out.

I guess I bought the last one lol.

But I'm sure other indie store will have it soon.

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

It was available in this forum from a Digital Source (not CD). Someone uploaded it long time ago (I'm sorry, I can't remember the user name).

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

It has leaked from digital source, actually. :) 

Really? I didn't know that. :)

But still. Don't you think my suggestions are great? Of course the dance mixes has to be presented in the box n their unmixed form.

(I know I'm nagging about this, but if it's true that Madonna's people check out this forum from time to time, I'd like to plant little seeds of good ideas in their minds.. ;) )

18 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Really? I didn't know that. :)

But still. Don't you think my suggestions are great? Of course the dance mixes has to be presented in the box n their unmixed form.

(I know I'm nagging about this, but if it's true that Madonna's people check out this forum from time to time, I'd like to plant little seeds of good ideas in their minds.. ;) )

About the classic catalog I only have three wishes on CD and Streaming:

- Open Your Heart (Edit of Extended Version) [known in Europe as "Remix"]

- Fever (Edit Two)

- You Can Dance (Unmixed Extended Versions and all the Dubs)

Bonus: 

Lucky Star (Original 7'' Version)

Everybody (7'' Version & Instrumental).

10 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Compared to the other boxes that are being released it’s pretty reasonably priced.

Yes, besides the Mike Dean remastering, almost everything was already paid for. All tracks were probably already digitized, artwork is rubbish so must have been cheap. 

The album expanded sets could be more expensive, like Prince and David Bowie.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic