Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

A few things they could have done differently… Create remix edits for ‘Like a Virgin’ and ‘Material Girl’. Here are two good fanmade edits:

Wouldn’t it be more interesting? They also could have remixed ‘Physical Attraction’ somehow (so we finally have an actual official remix of the song). That way, all tracks would be remixed, but it’s still good the way it is.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

But the edit of physical attraction is actually a remix and not just an edit right? 

It's just an edit, exactly the same as the 1983 7" edit that surfaced in certain markets—absolutely no difference except for a remastered sound. Physical Attraction, on You Can Dance, is the same as the original 1983 12" version except for the intro and outro; they felt Physical Attraction was clubby enough and perfect the way it was.

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

Is it confirmed that the 6LP vinyl version is limited to 6,000 copies? 

Do we know how many copies of Celebration 4LP vinyl is out there? According to Discogs there are only 828 members who owns this version. 

Many fans has the 4LP vinyl and they don't know what is "Discogs".  And I own the Celebration 4LP vinyl and I'm not a member of Discogs. It wasn't a very limited release. You could buy it anywhere (at least in 2009).

10 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Many fans has the 4LP vinyl and they don't know what is "Discogs".  And I own the Celebration 4LP vinyl and I'm not a member of Discogs. It wasn't a very limited release. You could buy it anywhere (at least in 2009).

Yes but also the buying power for vinyl in 2009 was much lower than today. So probably a standard run then was much lower than a limited one today. Especially on a 4LP album that didn’t really break the charts.

It was probably around a couple thousand only for both US and Europe

30 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are absolutely right. I was just trying to understand if there are actual figures for this release as to understand why it is so rare and pricey nowadays. 

7 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

You are absolutely right. I was just trying to understand if there are actual figures for this release as to understand why it is so rare and pricey nowadays. 

It wasn't cheap at the time,  i think that probably put a lot of people off..   The vinyl collecting demand wasn't there as much as it used to be and for a crazy reason i still don't completely undertstand has completely rebounded and everyone it vinyl nuts again.

24 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

It wasn't cheap at the time,  i think that probably put a lot of people off..   The vinyl collecting demand wasn't there as much as it used to be and for a crazy reason i still don't completely undertstand has completely rebounded and everyone it vinyl nuts again.

I still cant really wrap my head around the fact that vinyl is so back in right now, the only thing I can think of is that old is cool these days, there seems to be a lot of nostalgia for the past because of how messed up the world is right now. Cant tell you how many kids I know who are getting into classic bands.

48 minutes ago, thiagosb said:

Because in 2009 vinyl was not sought after and the standard runs were very limited by todays standards. And those records never got repressed. So there’s few of them in circulation 

10 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

But the edit of physical attraction is actually a remix and not just an edit right? 

According to this thread:

That Physical Attraction edit is actually an exclusive edit of the 11-23-1982 Demo, so we are going to get another demo for sale and streaming since that I Love New York rock demo included on the I'm Going to Tell You a Secret Live Album! :Madonna001:

3 hours ago, thiagosb said:

Is it confirmed that the 6LP vinyl version is limited to 6,000 copies? 

Do we know how many copies of Celebration 4LP vinyl is out there? According to Discogs there are only 828 members who owns this version. 

From WB Canada Official website:

• Limited To 6,000 Units Worldwide

https://store.warnermusic.ca/collections/madonna/products/finally-enough-love-50-number-ones

Sold out completely.

2 hours ago, The Ghost said:

I remember Celebration & HC vinyl were everywhere and no one even bothers about it despite discounted to $19.99.

I got my second Celebration copy during the sales and felt silly of buying it cos so many fans hated the cover to their bone and spilled so much venom on it...  some had even vowed never to buy such ugly LP with multiple mistakes in their lifetime.

SO many of them were stacking and collecting dust in most of the record stores.

On the last day of HMV closure in my area, so many copies remains unsold.

I believe whatever leftover had been destroyed 'cos it's not feasible to keep it to increase logistic cost and pull down company's profit.

Also, I remember there was a fire outbreak occurs in a place where all the masters were kept... not sure if Celebration was one of them... otherwise it would have been reissued, right?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic