Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Sadly audiophiles are a largely a thing of the past. Most people listen to music on cheap laptops and mobile phones often with cheap headphones, or even flat screen TV speakers which are notoriously shite or sad little bluetooth speakers. Most people don't even have a hifi system anymore. Either that or theyre on free or LQ data plans or Spotify Free or even You Tube. Crap sound is the dominant format unfortunately and M's music needs to sound audiable through those mediums. Not just M's most people so they sort of have to plump out her music just like her ass to compete. 

3 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Mike Dean's the person who manage to leave a click in Madonna's vocal repeated a dozen times in "Crave", so nothing surprises me.

Or maybe she/they wanted to leave that there to make it unique and different. Do you honestly think they didn't notice that mixing the song?

What some of you call mixing mistakes during the years are just production choices - like the start of "Bitch I'm Madonna" with "...this", etc.

Of course let's not enter the can of worms that is "Celebration" here hahaha.

I think considering how long she spent hyping this project up to then release in what looks like sub par quality just doesn’t cut it with me and other fans that’s all - yes this might be a blip with just this song but why release it then ? It certainly isn’t a very good start for this multi year project - they better not fuck up the lap demos or warning signs , assuming we will get them this decade 🙄🥴

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Sadly audiophiles are a largely a thing of the past. Most people listen to music on cheap laptops and mobile phones often with cheap headphones, or even flat screen TV speakers which are notoriously shite or sad little bluetooth speakers. Most people don't even have a hifi system anymore. Either that or theyre on free or LQ data plans or Spotify Free or even You Tube. Crap sound is the dominant format unfortunately and M's music needs to sound audiable through those mediums. Not just M's most people so they sort of have to plump out her music just like her ass to compete. 

I'm so in love with you

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Or maybe she/they wanted to leave that there to make it unique and different. Do you honestly think they didn't notice that mixing the song?

I think everyone should listen to the acapella and make up their own mind. You know I mostly agree with you! My personal take is that he only had a single corrupted vocal anyway.

23 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The same could be said for Deeper and Deeper on this collection to me. The Kick and Cymbals are distorted when played together. It sounds ear fatiguing.  It's fine though.

It is, at the very least, even if I won't listen to this particular remix from the collection, it rekindled my love for David's mixes. I'll just swap it out with the original on my playlist.

10 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Actually, I can actually see this compilation as a major streaming piece for the general public.  Not arguing the mastering but I think that thus is gonna be legacy building.  

I don't see a casual listener enjoying 50 (FIFTY!) remixes at once for the sake of Madonna. Maybe listening 1, or two, a memorable hit remixed... but nothing more.

18 minutes ago, subversive said:

I don't see a casual listener enjoying 50 (FIFTY!) remixes at once for the sake of Madonna. Maybe listening 1, or two, a memorable hit remixed... but nothing more.

I quote myself to make clear that maybe the 16  track version is more GP focused, but no 50 obv.

4 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

@Craigypants @GregVsMatt @Ayham

You can get the Japanese version from Amazon Japan now!

1CD: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0B2DNYBBZ/

3CD: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0B2DXGV1H

@ScottyX Are you getting these?

Hmmm they don't ship to Australia either - might have to grab them on ebay in August 

We are unable to ship non-digital items from amazon.co.jp to Australian shipping addresses.

Please choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item.

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

Hmmm they don't ship to Australia either - might have to grab them on ebay in August 

We are unable to ship non-digital items from amazon.co.jp to Australian shipping addresses.

Please choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item.

And yet they ship to USA.

Weird.

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

No offense to anyone making fun of us analyzing the music... but blemishes in the music can instantly pull someone out of an experience. The magic of music production lies in creating space with audio effects like reverb and delays and it transports you to a place other than where you are. Something like the audio glitch in Music on Celebration makes the track unlistenable to me. The world created by Mirwais is instantly killed. The same could be said for Deeper and Deeper on this collection to me. The Kick and Cymbals are distorted when played together. It sounds ear fatiguing.  It's fine though. Now I know it's not going to be THAT type of listening experience like every single album before Hard Candy.  This is something to play casually, not get lost in the world of sound. 

It's also not something we should expect because of loudness wars and the such. Alot of new music is an eargasm to listen to. Many artists mixing in Dolby Atmos which is all about the separation of sounds, not crushing them together in some homogenous mess. 

Harry Styles new album sounds AMAZING, and he's at the top of the music game I would say. 

People are acting like if you say something critical about the remastering, that it means you think Madonna is over and should retire.

I don’t get it! It’s just a critique! A discussion! Who knows what the rest of the songs are gonna sound like.

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:
Harry Styles new album sounds AMAZING, and he's at the top of the music game I would say. 

I listened to his new album and, while the sound quality was great, I cannot say the same for the music itself.

There are less popular people making more incredible music.

20 minutes ago, Vasili said:

I listened to his new album and, while the sound quality was great, I cannot say the same for the music itself.
There are less popular people making more incredible music.

Not to drag us too off track, but I agree. It was a so so album. It was hard to sit there and decide what would be good follow singles. I. Thought the lead single was awesome. But the album blurs too many similar sounds. There’s some good songs on it, but it almost seemed like he didn’t care to push the envelope really. I’m worried for Dua Lipa’s next album similarly. I have faith Madonna can successfully reinvent and experiment with sounds. Most of the new artists… not quite.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic