Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

He won't be back - he sold the B Roll footage he was provided to M fans over the years and M's team know that 

Shame. His videos were of a professional standard.

I do wonder why someone would risk their reputation like that. I believe he did videos for other big name artists like Cher.

6 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

He won't be back - he sold the B Roll footage he was provided to M fans over the years and M's team know that 

How do you know that?

I know Dan and he’s asked me to share the brolls with him cause he said he’d love to have them. Surely if he sold them he’d have them right?

What he was selling were those overly compressed DVDs of his edits

I appreciate the edited remix version but there's absolutely " nothing " fantastic about this video , the usual images taken from the video repeated with a change of colors .. it's truly shameful that her team doesn't have or doesn't not want to offer something decent to a fan base that has lasted for 40 years ..no outtake, no B Roll, they didn't even include the deeper and deeper outtake which is included in one of the Music megamixes..they just have to be ashamed .. but not from today but for years.

tumblr_m8pty0sEUs1qkzr9fo1_400.gif

I still can't get over the beauty of 'Deeper&Deeper', both lyrically and visually: the cryptic lyrics, the flamenco guitar that pops out from nowhere, the references to Andy Warhol and Luchino Visconti, the fusion between the Roaring 20s and the 70s, linked together by the common sense of decadence that pervaded those years. prolly the song I love the most from hers. I even like the remix, although I usually loathe them. I'd have never believed I could lose my mind over a Philly disco song released before I was born. Also, it's not a coincidence she released the video, coloured with the cinematographic 'pink&blue' lights, just in time for Pride Month! And people still ask me why she's one of my favourite LGBTQ+ icon...
About 'Frozen', releasing a '98 remix after 5359 versions none requested would be very madge.
I'm happy with this project, so far. Fingers crossed for the rest.

1 hour ago, ma(x) said:

I appreciate the edited remix version but there's absolutely " nothing " fantastic about this video , the usual images taken from the video repeated with a change of colors .. it's truly shameful that her team doesn't have or doesn't not want to offer something decent to a fan base that has lasted for 40 years ..no outtake, no B Roll, they didn't even include the deeper and deeper outtake which is included in one of the Music megamixes..they just have to be ashamed .. but not from today but for years.

tumblr_m8pty0sEUs1qkzr9fo1_400.gif

They could have easily done nothing. 
Of course it would be great if there were outtakes and stuff but the video is nicely edited and effort was put into it

I think this was a last minute idea and was put together fast to promote the release. 
If it’s doing well I’m sure they’ll put more time and effort in the future and take into consideration the feedback. Cause that’s what they did with the EPs and the upscales

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

They could have easily done nothing. 
Of course it would be great if there were outtakes and stuff but the video is nicely edited and effort was put into it

I think this was a last minute idea and was put together fast to promote the release. 
If it’s doing well I’m sure they’ll put more time and effort in the future and take into consideration the feedback. Cause that’s what they did with the EPs and the upscales

Wasn't that the video that they released to clubs / Club MTV etc in early 1993?

They had months to prepare so there's no excuse. I think it's time they put more effort into it. I don't know if it's "better than nothing", it doesn't add anything. Ok that the storyline of the video is lost, but also some musical cues don't go with the new editing, especially when the deep-deep-deep section that substitues the flamenco guitar starts. Once again, fan montages are better made.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

They had months to prepare so there's no excuse. I think it's time they put more effort into it. I don't know if it's "better than nothing", it doesn't add anything. Ok that the storyline of the video is lost, but also some musical cues don't go with the new editing, especially when the deep-deep-deep section that substitues the flamenco guitar starts. Once again, fan montages are better made.

No excuse for what?! They’re not doing anything wrong lol

3 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Steps the band have just announced their Greatest Hits collection which is released the same day as FEL in the UK, I would hope Madonna gets number 1 album over them, they are popular in UK

I think it's time for Warner to get some cassette's released or other editions 

I doubt she would get the number 1 anyway, it's a remix album. I think YCD only reached number 6, besides she's also releasing some of it to streaming in June.

I really hope she does get to number 1 though.

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

How do you know that?

I know Dan and he’s asked me to share the brolls with him cause he said he’d love to have them. Surely if he sold them he’d have them right?

What he was selling were those overly compressed DVDs of his edits

I was advised by a reliable source a few years ago that when he did the remix videos in the early 2000s he was given b-roll footage in order to do it, years later he allegedly sold copies of the the b-roll footage to M collectors for $$$. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic