Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

30 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I was advised by a reliable source a few years ago that when he did the remix videos in the early 2000s he was given b-roll footage in order to do it, years later he allegedly sold copies of the the b-roll footage to M collectors for $$$. 

Correct - he had access to the entire shoot - hours and hours of most videos. 

There was also tension when Dustin remixed Hollywood - he might still have the full Hollywood b roll set - 

What Dan O Rama allegedly sold was what we got - overly compressed outtakes of an outtake. When I say sell - I heard it was a fraction of what some fans have been charging others for - it was pretty much for free.

When they started to leak - he destroyed all the copies he had.

I also heard that Warner lost some of the master reels in the World Trade attacks - some where stored there.

3 hours ago, Jackie said:

Correct - he had access to the entire shoot - hours and hours of most videos. 

There was also tension when Dustin remixed Hollywood - he might still have the full Hollywood b roll set - 

What Dan O Rama allegedly sold was what we got - overly compressed outtakes of an outtake. When I say sell - I heard it was a fraction of what some fans have been charging others for - it was pretty much for free.

When they started to leak - he destroyed all the copies he had.

I also heard that Warner lost some of the master reels in the World Trade attacks - some where stored there.

He doesn’t. At least not for the past 10 years.

Im not so sure about this story because some of the brolls out there he never used.

There’s plenty of people how had access to them and could have sold them. Maybe it was claimed they came from him to distract from the real source

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

They had months to prepare so there's no excuse. I think it's time they put more effort into it. I don't know if it's "better than nothing", it doesn't add anything. Ok that the storyline of the video is lost, but also some musical cues don't go with the new editing, especially when the deep-deep-deep section that substitues the flamenco guitar starts. Once again, fan montages are better made.

Exactly. The editing is messy, it doesn’t even match the music.

The fact that people say “better than nothing” baffles me. I would prefer nothing over amateur stuff being attached to her name personally.

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Im not so sure about this story because some of the brolls out there he never used.

There’s plenty of people how had access to them and could have sold them. Maybe it was claimed they came from him to distract from the real source

Totally - 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

In any case we won't see him working with M's team again based on the perception of where the leaks came from.

I've always enjoyed his remix videos 

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

No excuse for doing something rushed and amateurish, with montage that doesn't even match the music.

Remix videos traditionally are mixed up visuals and quickly put together visual edits - just watch any of the remix videos from the Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light or Music eras.

The new remix video is nothing new or unexpected in the context of it being a remix video.

6 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Remix videos traditionally are mixed up visuals and quickly put together visual edits - just watch any of the remix videos from the Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light or Music eras.

The new remix video is nothing new or unexpected in the context of it being a remix video.

The regret is that old remixed music videos often used b-rolls to add unreleased plans which was extremely great to watch.

I started watching it but gave up after a minute, boring!!!  It looks cheap and it doesn't make sense.

I like that remix though, it's the version that was played on the radio back in the day.  Was it that way everywhere or only on my local radio?

By the way, which version of Fever was playing on the radio in the UK?

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

In any case we won't see him working with M's team again based on the perception of where the leaks came from.

I've always enjoyed his remix videos 

Hopefully they’ll remaster the danorama remix videos for this project. 
And hopefully they see the feedback and make more of these using broll outttakes.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic