Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

It is odd to release the 16-track version just to streaming two months before it's released in all versions, but... it's not going to get all that much in the way of streams regardless (compared to the younger, more current acts- especially as a remix project). 

One can't expect this to chart super-high, either, upon release, barring a surprise in its sales showing.

14 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Biggest mistake EVER to release it on streaming services this early! Feels weird… just release everything together. 😒

Exactly as @milingo83said. It would be a weird strategy for any other artist but for her at this moment is clever: is forcing a fan base not that keen into streaming to stream the release before the proper physical release.

We'll see the Spotify results in the next few days/weeks but she can only go up with her numbers.

Sound quality is good, but I still feel that at least the 80s/90s singles should have had a revamp, especially LAP, EY and Vogue. The 7" remixes / single versions don't do much to me. Would have been nice to at least put the tour studio versions on it if not new remixes.

I know that many of you like the new version of Everybody, but I am not convinced.

I know that in order to include it as a "number one hit" it was necessary to use the 1987 version. But I don't like that it sounds too similar to Into the groove - of course this made sense in YCD, but not here. I also feel that this version of Everybody sounds too "light" and has lost its rough sound.

22 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I know that many of you like the new version of Everybody, but I am not convinced.

I know that in order to include it as a "number one hit" it was necessary to use the 1987 version. But I don't like that it sounds too similar to Into the groove - of course this made sense in YCD, but not here. I also feel that this version of Everybody sounds too "light" and has lost its rough sound.

I love every incarnation of Everybody but this one was a phenomenal remake in my eyes. It added a proper OOMPH to an already great and sexy dance track.

29 minutes ago, Enrico said:

It's not the same edit YCD remix??

40 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Really? I always preferred the YCD edit over the original version. There’s more flavor to it.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

I was never a fan of that Calderone mix of Hollywood in the past, but I’m starting to enjoy it now 

Just noticed they seem to be promoting the album with this remix on the Release Radar playlist. 
Still wished they used a vocal version of Thin White Duck Mix, but here we are…

On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, Ayham said:

Biggest mistake EVER to release it on streaming services this early! Feels weird… just release everything together. 😒

At first I thought the same, but in terms of marketing studies I think they know people who buys physical we'll buy it anyways, same for people who buys digital.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Can somebody hook a brother up. Damn YouTube Music...I want IN ON THIS DAY

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic