Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Can someone find his original quote about remastering? I’ve tried but no luck.

I found it. An interview from 2018. :)

Nile recently oversaw the remastering of David Bowie’s Let’s Dance album to offer the listener a fresh insight into what went on in the studio. Now he intends to do the same thing with another classic:  Like A Virgin by Madonna. “Absolutely I’m going to do it, my relationship with Warner records is better than it ever was, because I have all that legacy product, so I will be going back and doing Madonna, Chic, Sister Sledge and Duran Duran again.”  

https://www.classicpopmag.com/2022/07/nile-rodgers-interview-the-nile-counsel/

18 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I found it. An interview from 2018. :)

Nile recently oversaw the remastering of David Bowie’s Let’s Dance album to offer the listener a fresh insight into what went on in the studio. Now he intends to do the same thing with another classic:  Like A Virgin by Madonna. “Absolutely I’m going to do it, my relationship with Warner records is better than it ever was, because I have all that legacy product, so I will be going back and doing Madonna, Chic, Sister Sledge and Duran Duran again.”  

https://www.classicpopmag.com/2022/07/nile-rodgers-interview-the-nile-counsel/

Oh wow. I think Warner would give him the hand to do so.

About time! Now who would do Like a Prayer? She needs some help too.

2 hours ago, Roy said:

And I know we talk about this a lot before but can we talk about how she's getting back in her groove now that she's with Warner again?

Now, we have MATERIAL GWORL on streaming with the FEL Pride 2022 performance video as the music video for it, FEL deluxe album, Jimmy Fallon appearance, reissues and now, DiscOasis.

Mama's really back home. :Madonna041:

where is the music video?

This release seems to e taking forever. So much so I think a lot of us have already made our own. I've just changer a few like Get Together

Get Together [Peter Rauhofer Radio Edit].

If anyone wants an alternate version just drop me a PVT message. I've already purchased 2 copies of the original, Just waiting lke everyone else. I hope they at least put some marketing into it.😩😉

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Nile is a legend but he’s no stranger to his own hype. I think it’s part of his manifestation process which you can’t knock but he’s definitely pinch of salt material for my money. 

It would've been interesting if for each album a respective producer would have been involved for the reissue. Not sure who's stayed friendly though. Pettibone and Orbit might be unlikely.

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

Nile is a legend but he’s no stranger to his own hype. I think it’s part of his manifestation process which you can’t knock but he’s definitely pinch of salt material for my money. 

He is past his prime I suppose. But he produced many many iconic records in the 80’s. He has every right to hype himself up.

• Enrico pinned this topic
2 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Where are all insiders this time? We need at least a tiny info of what's happening next. 

I heard from an inside source that as many as 50 remixes will be available in a week and a half. The provisional date is August 19th, but it's subject to change, so don't attack me if it's not exact.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic