Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

32 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't know what Warner UK were thinking about.

This is an interesting read:

Madonna - The Singles 1982-1990 : Part 1

"They decided that the single needed to be "British-ised", so got sometime-DJ/member of Visage, Rusty Egan, in to remix the song. Egan created short and long vocal mixes, and short and long dub mixes - the short mixes for the 7", the long mixes for the 12"."

40 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Actually the Album Version was an edit, the original is the 6-minute version -> that version replace the edit on the 2001 reissue.

I'm sorry for Rusty Egan but his remix was... simply not good:

I like parts of it, and  a deluxe edition of the first album would feel incomplete without it.
A remastered version on cd... Yeah, I'd like that. :)

5 hours ago, MatterCompressor said:

I think they're having system / distribution issues. I ordered 2 records beginning of July, both in stock (US to UK). Got a confirmation email then silence. Same as you I couldn't look up my order and zero response from CS. On the 30th one of them turned up. Few days later I got dispatch emails (including one for the record I'd already received), got the second record a week later. Still haven't heard anything back from CS and still can't view my order. 

Thanks for the response. Their customer support is piss poor. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Actually the Album Version was an edit, the original is the 6-minute version -> that version replace the edit on the 2001 reissue.

I'm sorry for Rusty Egan but his remix was... simply not good:

This is the remix...

Okay... 😶

6 hours ago, Roy said:

This is the remix...

Okay... 😶

Those were two different pharagraphs in my post, Roy! 💀

Anyway:

Original 6-minute Version on the 12’’ inch vinyl:

Original Album Edit on the “Madonna” vinyl and all the CD editions until 2001 (don’t mind the wrong cover picture):

The original 6 minute version replaced the Album edit on the 2001 remastered edition.

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Those were two different pharagraphs in my post, Roy! 💀

Anyway:

Original 6-minute Version on the 12’’ inch vinyl:

Original Album Edit on the “Madonna” vinyl and all the CD editions until 2001 (don’t mind the wrong cover picture):

The original 6 minute version replaced the Album edit on the 2001 remastered edition.

Yeah, I do know of the album edit and the original 6 minute version. :laughing:

I was referring to the Rusty Egan remix which... I think I know why she didn't like the remix edit for it.

21 minutes ago, Roy said:

Yeah, I do know of the album edit and the original 6 minute version. :laughing:

I was referring to the Rusty Egan remix which... I think I know why she didn't like the remix edit for it.

Then I was the one getting it wrong, sorry! :Madonna009:

The remix is terrible, yes. I don't even want it on the reissue... what for? Yeah, I know it should include everything but this remix should be deleted.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Then I was the one getting it wrong, sorry! :Madonna009:

The remix is terrible, yes. I don't even want it on the reissue... what for? Yeah, I know it should include everything but this remix should be deleted.

I mean... if it appeals to the older generation of British fans who have this 7" remix, then it must be included but I agree with you. It's not good at all. :ay:

22 minutes ago, Ari Interactive said:

There's a difference 

7 Version doesn't have the Fan sound like The Immaculate Collection 

When there's a Fan Sound on Album Version 

This one is the 7" pressing of the single and the fan sound effect is there unless another pressing exists without the fan SFX. 

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

I mean... if it appeals to the older generation of British fans who have this 7" remix, then it must be included but I agree with you. It's not good at all. :ay:

It was a flop here so there were very few copies pressed. The 12" was promoted as a '12" for the price of a 7"' so the 7" is very rare. 

I think they were going for a different sound to break her into the UK new wave / synthpop scene, it just didn't turn out so well. 

Only the mentally disturbed and the hard of hearing prefer this version. 

Entries on Discogs:

Everybody UK 7"

Everybody UK 7"

3 minutes ago, MatterCompressor said:

It was a flop here so there were very few copies pressed. The 12" was promoted as a '12" for the price of a 7"' so the 7" is very rare. 

I think they were going for a different sound to break her into the UK new wave / synthpop scene, it just didn't turn out so well. 

Only the mentally disturbed and the hard of hearing prefer this version. 

Entries on Discogs:

Everybody UK 7"

Everybody UK 7"

It sounded so flat and lifeless compared to the album version and even the YCD remix but I still see it as an entry in the reissues. We can just skip the track and onto the next remix edit on the tracklist. :D

4 hours ago, Frank said:

So Fallon was holding the real boxset last night, booklet and all, looked amazing, can't wait!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

He only was holding the booklet with the backstories to each song but not the vinyls.

I was hoping he would also reach for the vinyl.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-holds-roller-disco-celebration-at-discoasis-in-central-park?fbclid=IwAR0sEnuRTmThG5L2cScRdPxi7rkbrukIedFeAWnQq74jvJ0PbSixOIGU1tY

The event occurs ahead and in support of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, Madonna’s 50-track career spanning compilation album, releasing on Friday, August 19, 2022 in digital and physical format. Pre-order and Pre-save now. The collection, curated by Madonna, is in celebration of her historic milestone as the first and only recording artist to have 50 #1 hits on any single Billboard chart when she topped the Dance Club Songs chart for the 50th time.

50 NUMBER ONES spans her entire dance club chart reign with dozens of remixes by the world’s top producers. In addition to fan favorites, the collection also includes a selection of rare remix recordings, with more than 20 being officially released for the first time or making their commercial/digital debut. The collection will be available digitally on August 19, along with a 3-CD version. A limited-edition, 6-LP version on red and black vinyl will also be available and has already sold out in pre-orders. The 16-track edition, FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE, will be available in physical format on August 19. 

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic