Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

25 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Do you mean the picture disc?

Nah, I think 4M/GI2M was way nicer. One of them had Ring My Bell... :)

True there was the I rise picture disc. It's lovely but I prefered so much the 4M/GI2M pack with real sleeves and yes : a b-side !

We so much miss b-sides...

4 hours ago, Celebration said:

Awful. Horrible. Torture.
You can litteraly HEAR the "needle" ruin the disc.

It's of course especially painful when they play Madonna records on these toys, and when it's a rare promo or something I get so upset I have to turn off the computer and take a walk before I explode!

Maybe records are meant to be played and people should enjoy an inherently faulty product the way they want? Some people actually buy the records to use and destroy if they so want, they don't treat is as stock to be resold later. This type of snobbery is not a good look. 

25 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

True there was the I rise picture disc. It's lovely but I prefered so much the 4M/GI2M pack with real sleeves and yes : a b-side !

We so much miss b-sides...

Imagine the profit she could have made from fans by releasing outtakes in most CD singles: Arioso, Animal, Your Honesty, Queen, Never Let You Go, etc. They were all stolen and leaked 🤣

7 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I think they didn't want to use the Edit One of Fever because that remix was only released in Europe. They used that damn Murk Boys Edit which was widely available in America.

Maybe. It’s the video mix though which was released everywhere so I’m not sure there’s much logic in her choices. What’s weird is that the Bedtime Stories juniors single edit is greyed out as unavailable on Spotify here in the Uk when it’s already available. I think all the other already available mixes are there to play just that one isn’t. 

10 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I think they didn't want to use the Edit One of Fever because that remix was only released in Europe. They used that damn Murk Boys Edit which was widely available in America.

But Fever (Edit One & Two) were released as B-Side of Rain. The Murk Boys Remix was available in every european Fever Maxi (CD and vinyl).

Well, at least the Murk Boys Remix Edit is available for the first time from a Digital Source. 

1 minute ago, madgefan said:

@steady75it's a shame really. The Daniel Abrahams Mix still sounds :fire:after 29 years and let's not forget that was the version she chose to play during the Girlie Show!

Yeah it’s really the only Fever remix I like. I remember being severely underwhelmed after the amazing Erotica and Deeper Remixes. Rain and Fever were well below par. Edit one aside. The Fever ones even sounded out of key in places. Max that there were soooo many mixes done with such poor results. 
The only other decent ones were the unreleased Peggy Ones. Which I really hope make it next time around.

14 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Well they used a promo only available on vinyl (not the red vinyl) and cassette. So I’m happy about it, since already have Edit one on cd and vinyl. It’s also more underground. 

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

Well, at least the Murk Boys Remix Edit is available for the first time from a Digital Source. 

Yes, it's a bit of an exclusive so I'm not complaining.

Anyone knows if the Nothing Fails & LP edits are unreleased or just made for the compilation?

Too bad the video mixes of DTM and BIM are lossy masters, not sure why they chose those.

What a ride this is though, I'm having a blast!

36 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Maybe records are meant to be played and people should enjoy an inherently faulty product the way they want? Some people actually buy the records to use and destroy if they so want, they don't treat is as stock to be resold later. This type of snobbery is not a good look. 

But what's the point of buying, in this case, a very expensive record if you're just gonna ruin it with bad record players? Or a toy?

I love records, have thousands, and learned very early on to be very careful with my records. A new LP cost me my whole monthly allowance when I was a kid, so every LP I bought was carefully selected. Still is.

My records are treasures. I listen to them, and would never sell them.

So you see, there's no snobbery here. It's love.

21 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Yeah it’s really the only Fever remix I like. I remember being severely underwhelmed after the amazing Erotica and Deeper Remixes. Rain and Fever were well below par. Edit one aside. The Fever ones even sounded out of key in places. Max that there were soooo many mixes done with such poor results. 
The only other decent ones were the unreleased Peggy Ones. Which I really hope make it next time around.

Bite your tongue. They're all amazing! I really hope cassette gets remastered and uploaded

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

But what's the point of buying, in this case, a very expensive record if you're just gonna ruin it with bad record players? Or a toy?

I love records, have thousands, and learned very early on to be very careful with my records. A new LP cost me my whole monthly allowance when I was a kid, so every LP I bought was carefully selected. Still is.

My records are treasures. I listen to them, and would never sell them.

So you see, there's no snobbery here. It's love.

No need to explain, they were just being a self righteous snob themselves. 

33 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Oh god... What did I red...???

Fever remixes are for me best Madonna remixes ever !

Murk Boys Deep South Mix drives me crazy when I listen to it while I'm running or dancing on my living room. Such an excellent powerful and subtile at same time remix ! Almost all Fever remixes are excellent ! The Bonzai and Bugged out are so so good.

Of course the Edit one is good but I still prefer the house album version.

I'm not a big fan of Peter Rehaufer. His remixes are too agressive and made of bad taste dance shit music most of the time. And Tracy Young is the worst. Can't understand how she lasted so long with her... 20 years of remixes... Bring Stuart back !

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Lemme just say that I went clubbing a lot. I heard Erotica and Deeper and Secret and Bedtime Story and Human Nature a lot but never Fever. Must have been big in the states cause it was obviously number one but they all left me cold. The irony. 

Here in Australia we had a few club hits from Erotica - even the house mix of Bye Bye Baby (released during the tour) love all the 90s remixes