Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Well, just finished my first full listen (broken up during the day by work) of the 50 track version on Spotify and heading down to buy a bottle of wine for the second and this time uninterrupted go-round... all I can say is WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!

The Queen has delivered here, over and over again. I agree with @steady75 that this is gift and only something we could have dreamed about. madonna has come through with the goods. If this is the quality of what the new Warner deal is going to be like, I say bring it on. My absolute favourite remix PSB version of Sorry is here as well as JML Orbit mix which is my second, also my fave of LAP. Sure there are some things I would prefer to see more than others, but overall, I am struggling to find anything to criticise here. I cannot wait to get my box set!

I would have loved to have heard Burning Up, CAC etc, but these were not number ones, so my expectations have been heightened for the re-release of her older albums.

What an amazing time to be a Madonna fan!!!!

3 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

I would have loved to have heard Burning Up, CAC etc, but these were not number ones, so my expectations have been heightened for the re-release of her older albums.

Burning Up is actually my favorite from her 80’s! Actually surprised it’s not number 1! 😭🙁

5 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

Well, just finished my first full listen (broken up during the day by work) of the 50 track version on Spotify and heading down to buy a bottle of wine for the second and this time uninterrupted go-round... all I can say is WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!

The Queen has delivered here, over and over again. I agree with @steady75 that this is gift and only something we could have dreamed about. madonna has come through with the goods. If this is the quality of what the new Warner deal is going to be like, I say bring it on. My absolute favourite remix PSB version of Sorry is here as well as JML Orbit mix which is my second, also my fave of LAP. Sure there are some things I would prefer to see more than others, but overall, I am struggling to find anything to criticise here. I cannot wait to get my box set!

It is indeed a time to be a Madonna fan. I can't believe we live in this age where Madonna still delivers so much for us, for the world. Let's celebrate, enjoy the time and dance and vibe to the remixes. :D

strawberries-and-champange-jnkstfu.gif

12 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Honestly...we're so lucky she's still around giving us all this.

Listening to this and it's such a great release for...basically everything. While i'm at work, working out, to listen in my car, for parties...

This is basically the history of the remix since almost day one, when it was in its infancy until the current day. 

She's been around since day one and she IS the most remixed artist of all time, so no one is a better fit for an album like this than her. 

Some remix choices could've been better (Orbital remix for Bedtime Story) but honestly, most choices were the best ones for this release to flow better. 

Also, is it just me or her 10's remixes flow really good together? I honestly listening to this from the first track until the end i don't feel like there's a drop in quality anywhere tbh. We end on a high note as well, since the Madame X remixes are quite good. 

If this is the quality standard for her album re-releases, we're in for an amazing ride guys!

Yesss!

The whole album flows well with each other, almost like a non-stop mix. 

Warner and Madonna are finally serving the all-you-can-eat buffet and we're eating and sleeping well! :D

Omg. I am a HUGE fan of Bass and "Mutha" hath delivered. Love LOVE LAV and Physical Attraction. I've only skimmed the surface on my drive to work this morning (I feel like im gonna die I hate early mornings wahh) but what really stood out to me is THE BASS in SORRY...whoa! I have a new appreciation for AL and LP. Can't wait to listen to the rest on the way home. 

15 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Omg. I am a HUGE fan of Bass and "Mutha" hath delivered. Love LOVE LAV and Physical Attraction. I've only skimmed the surface on my drive to work this morning (I feel like im gonna die I hate early mornings wahh) but what really stood out to me is THE BASS in SORRY...whoa! I have a new appreciation for AL and LP. Can't wait to listen to the rest on the way home. 

Oh, it gets better, Robert. Believe us. :laughing:

59 minutes ago, AceOfMadonna said:

Does the 3 CD set also has the liner notes with information about the songs in the booklet or is this exklusive to the 6 LP set?

I'm just curious as I have to wait a few hours until I get a physical 3 CD set 

Yes, the liner notes are there. :)

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic