Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

14 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Now that i had time to digest this album a little bit, some notes:

- The way the album flows from 1989 until 1992 is simply sublime! The way we go from the Like a Prayer era until the Erotica era is just...so well thought out with that Keep It Together remix going to Vogue, then Justify My Love, then to Erotica it's simply amazing and i can see why they went with that Keep It Together remix. It all just flows. This part is literally history in the making, and when remixes started to change from extended mixes to what we have now. It's so fucking impressive to actually listen to this part of the record.

- I also think this Fever remix is perfect to connect to the Secret one. Kill me, but no other remix would fit this better.

- I had never heard this American Life remix. This is more than a remix. This is a new song basically. One of my biggest surprises here.

- The way the 80's tracks are remastered makes me even more excited about those studio albums getting remastered. They will sound glorious! Everything sounds so clear on Physical Attraction and Everybody, seriously...they are new songs. Even the bassline of Like a Virgin is sublime now.

- What It Feels Like For a Girl and Celebration are honestly such great songs...at the same level as their album versions for sure. No wonder they are 2 of her favorite remixes ever.

- This Bitch I'm Madonna remix slaps so damn hard, seriously.

- The remix for I Don't Search I Find is better than the album version and it's the perfect title for this, and the best way to end this. 

- Sorry PSB remix will always be one of the best remixes she has for me. When she's about to hit us with the first chorus...i love that little pause and then the beat just hits you. My god...

Head to toe, Tiago. The remix album is absolutely astounding.

And hey, 50 #1 dance hits is something to celebrate! :D

5 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Raise your hand if you went to the listening party at Amoeba Music in Hollywood today.

I didn’t know it was happening beforehand, I just happened to go at that time, but it seemed pretty cool. There was a raffle for prizes and someone from Rhino Records was there. Not sure if Emily was or not, but then again, she probably wouldn’t announce her presence. 

Got the 3 CD edition because I still do CDs. Then on the way home I noticed that my new car doesn’t have a CD player…

It looked so good! Who won the signed poster?

5 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Raise your hand if you went to the listening party at Amoeba Music in Hollywood today.

I didn’t know it was happening beforehand, I just happened to go at that time, but it seemed pretty cool. There was a raffle for prizes and someone from Rhino Records was there. Not sure if Emily was or not, but then again, she probably wouldn’t announce her presence. 

Got the 3 CD edition because I still do CDs. Then on the way home I noticed that my new car doesn’t have a CD player…

The person that won the signed poster is a big fan

...of TUPAC! 😮💨🙄😒

ready to see it resold on eBay

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic