Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

About Vogue :

"The first completed version (...)

The longer and more dramatic intro was developed to fit into the overall flow of I'm Breathless album"

Did we know that or is it me?

Yes. The single version was the first Vogue. Then the intro for the Bette David dub remix was made and Madonna liked and decided to use it, so the album version was born.

1 hour ago, sdvsr2fan said:

I was JUST about to ask if anyone who ordered from Warner Canada had theirs shipped yet, because mine has not either. I haven't emailed them, but please let me know if they respond. I'm not too worried but I am starting to get a tad nervous. Where are you having yours shipped to?

Delivered to Toronto so it’s not like it’s far. I’ll go pick it up myself if I could 😂

3 hours ago, sdvsr2fan said:

I was JUST about to ask if anyone who ordered from Warner Canada had theirs shipped yet, because mine has not either. I haven't emailed them, but please let me know if they respond. I'm not too worried but I am starting to get a tad nervous. Where are you having yours shipped to?

To canada from Canada lol 

3 hours ago, PlayPause said:

About Vogue :

"The first completed version (...)

The longer and more dramatic intro was developed to fit into the overall flow of I'm Breathless album"

Did we know that or is it me?

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Yes. The single version was the first Vogue. Then the intro for the Bette David dub remix was made and Madonna liked and decided to use it, so the album version was born.

I was thinking that the real full version is the one in the Immaculate Collection.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:21 AM, imagination said:

Okay, finally heard it.

The sound at the beginning of "Don't Tell Me" is from the end of the HQ2 Remix of "Music", which is not the mix included on Finally Enough Love.

This proves that they took the audio from the video uploaded to her youtube channel since it's on there too:

This does not ruin the compilation for me by any means however, it absolutely blows my mind that her entire team INCLUDING Mike Dean allow random glitches like this and laziness pass through to production / final release. It's takes 2 seconds to fix this in an audio editor. A one second trim of the audio would have resolved this. I guess because it is a compilation, no one takes a full listen to all of the tracks. How else could this happen other than out of laziness and rushing?

Is anyone able to confirm that some tracks are "fake" high resolution Lossless? Some were discussing how the Living For Love remix is from an MP3 source. How can we be certain? What are the signs that some of the tracks are "upscaled" Lossless files? The audiophile in me is very curious...:thinker::Madonna014:

Edited by MonsieurX (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Levon said:

The Vogue single version (4:14) is just an edit of the first version (4:59, my time display reads 5:02) that appeared on the Japanese promotion compilation "Madonna - 1983-1990". On the Discogs page it is wrongly called "remix", but it is the first known full length Vogue version. This version has some slightly longer instrumental parts and the song fades out instead of the "Vogue!" cold ending.
https://www.discogs.com/de/release/2932474-Madonna-1983-1990

R-2932474-1307936714.jpg

md_5hodRNjvwBpwXmXocZCbOMBeVa1Sd7xMG98zY2dTqB9fU0xNi6jS4DHSt6ZJ.jpg

Oh wow. So the 4:59 version is the real full version of Vogue.

30 minutes ago, Levon said:

The Vogue single version (4:14) is just an edit of the first version (4:59, my time display reads 5:02) that appeared on the Japanese promotion compilation "Madonna - 1983-1990". On the Discogs page it is wrongly called "remix", but it is the first known full length Vogue version. This version has some slightly longer instrumental parts and the song fades out instead of the "Vogue!" cold ending.

Well, the single version is not just an edit of the japanese version. You can't recreate the single version using the japanese version.

Although the final lyrics are the same in both version,  Madonna sings that part differently (the japanese version and the 12'' has the same ending).  She changed the whole ending for the single/album version (and I'm not talking only about the cold ending).

Overall, I'm happy for the deluxe CD of FEL. Only one thing: I would have preferred that she commissioned new edits of the 12-inch remixes of Like a virgin and Material girl...Sincerely I cannot more of those album versions and usually I play on my compilations the remixes of these two songs from IC.

5 minutes ago, ma(x) said:

And not to forget the first version of Vogue was that of the 45 rpm "  Vogue Single Version " the only version with the beginning / intro different from the  I'm breathless Album.

91DqDKRSvwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So it's the 4:59 version or is this another one?

Which is which? 😵

3 hours ago, Roy said:

Which is which? 😵

The single version is about 4:25 and the version on the Japanese compilation is about half a minute longer / has slightly longer instrumental parts and slowly fades out instead of the sudden "Vogue!".
The "Whew! What are you looking at?" beginning is the same.

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

Which is which? 😵

Don't talk to me about how long the 45 rpm version lasts because I didn't even know it when I bought it at the time of the stone :lol::lol: I just remember that I was struck by the intro that was different from what you heard in the video that was broadcast on TV, this is what I remember . Sorry but millennia have passed :Madonna049:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic