Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

11 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Angel is not the number one though, it’s the A side of ITG that secured the number one spot for the entire release. Probably because of this confusing situation it was originally included. And for YCD they used ITG since it’s the biggest hit on it and kind of the title track. 
And later on they realized the mistake of Angel/ITG and made those revisions. 
I still think it’s a real shame Causing A Commotion is missing

Perhaps Causing A Commotion is going to be the name of the biopic and she's saving it for then... I refuse to believe she hates it that much.

For those who ordered the 6LP from Warner Canada, I got 2 back to back emails this morning, first was that it has shipped, and then that it was out for delivery. The package arrived at around 3pm. Since I'm in the US, I have to imagine everyone who ordered through Warner Canada will get theirs this week if you haven't already. I was expecting to wait upwards of a month for mine to get delivered considering I'm in a completely separate country, so needless to say I'm thoroughly impressed with ordering through Warner. And there were no additional taxes/fees when it went through customs, so that was a bonus.

14 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I'm still amazed at how amazing the Don't Cry For Me Argentina remix is.  Has she ever recorded new vocals for a remix ever?  Like this was an entirely new recording with Nikki and Donna wasn't it?

Yes, new vocals. You needed to change the vocal inflections from the original version in order to make it work on a dance track. I believe Emilio Estefan oversaw the project with Gloria's regular remix crew.

30 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

Hi, I don't know if this was discussed before, but somebody knows if there are two variations for the european standard black edition? Mine doesn't have the "wrinkled" effect on the inner sleeves and labels (wich I don't like :tongue:) as I saw in some videos and pictures.

Where did you order your version?

29 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Angel is not the number one though, it’s the A side of ITG that secured the number one spot for the entire release. Probably because of this confusing situation it was originally included. And for YCD they used ITG since it’s the biggest hit on it and kind of the title track. 
And later on they realized the mistake of Angel/ITG and made those revisions. 
I still think it’s a real shame Causing A Commotion is missing

I don't think it's fair to exclude "Angel" solely because "Into The Groove" was the one that secured the #1 spot (tho I can't find any anecdotes of that in any publications). If Billboard credits "Angel/Into The Groove" as her 4th #1 on the dance charts, then both should appear imo. Same for "Holiday/Lucky Star." Kinda unfair when "Angel" has been so mistreated and forgotten over the past few decades :/ It's such a fabulous song that deserves all the recognition and notoriety in the world! #Justice4Angel #PutAngelonImmaculateCollection #PutAngelonCelebration #PerformAngel

It's still exciting to think "Angel" and "Causing a Commotion" were once worked into an early iteration of the album!

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

If we missed out on getting the Angel [Remix  Edit] on this album all so Physical Attraction could be in its place, I will personally send a bouquet of hydrangeas to her apartment asap!!!!

No talking bad about Ms. Physical Attraction. She deserves it there. 😊

But I will say, it's fascinating to know about the revisions. 

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

For some reason, listening to my digital download, EY is like a tone higher. It’s not even in the original key lol. It’s mildly sped up and a tone higher. Maybe half a tone. Wtf.

No problems on the track on Spotify and YouTube Music.

Mind uploading the track so I can listen to it?

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I don't think it's fair to exclude "Angel" solely because "Into The Groove" was the one that secured the #1 spot (tho I can't find any anecdotes of that in any publications). If Billboard credits "Angel/Into The Groove" as her 4th #1 on the dance charts, then both should appear imo. Same for "Holiday/Lucky Star." Kinda unfair when "Angel" has been so mistreated and forgotten over the past few decades :/ It's such a fabulous song that deserves all the recognition and notoriety in the world! #Justice4Angel #PutAngelonImmaculateCollection #PutAngelonCelebration #PerformAngel

It's still exciting to think "Angel" and "Causing a Commotion" were once worked into an early iteration of the album!

Angel and CAC deserve love too.

Maybe in the singles EP release, they will appear. We shall hope. 🙏

20 hours ago, Andymad said:

I'm still amazed at how amazing the Don't Cry For Me Argentina remix is.  Has she ever recorded new vocals for a remix ever?  Like this was an entirely new recording with Nikki and Donna wasn't it?

I believe she re-recorded vocals for Love Profusion Headleanr Rock Mix too. 

But yeah - The DCFMA remixes were pure perfection. I much prefer the full remix with the dramatic ending but the edit is still good too. 

Edited by musicinferno (see edit history)

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic