Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

5 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Does anybody know how quickly the 6LP vinyl Box Set of FEL sold in pre-sales on Madonna.com and Rhino.com? I’m assuming that different suppliers would have sold out at different times? 

It was actually around for a while. Initially it sold out on her official stores in hours and then they added a new batch that lasted a day or two. And then they were also made available in Canada and Australia for a few days. And finally they were available from Japan for a couple of weeks or so. 
Also her store added really small batches a few times that sold out in minutes

1 hour ago, Tex20 said:

It’s crazy how quickly these limited editions are selling, same thing happened with Madame X blue vinyl. it’s not fair that some dealers are buying multiple copies only to sell them at extremely higher prices. The real fans are missing out unfortunately. 

Some stores are more ethical and whenever something limited is available they only allow one or a small number of copies per person. But of course Madonna and Warner don’t care. 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

ALSO I know many fans who have zero interest in this compilation because it is just a bunch of remixes we already have. Each to their own. I am very happy to have a big vinyl box set with lots of different remixes. Is it perfect? No. Compilations never are as the selections are based on personal preference. Even TIC had complaints that the songs were remixes and that Who’s That Girl or Dress You Up were missing.

Surprisingly I know a few non Madonna fans that jumped to buy this album, and even the 6LP version. 
And I also noticed that non fans love the yellow cover art

On 6/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, Roland Barthes said:

She's giving itws via Zoom this week to international press for the release of FEL. 

(I am aware of one today at least)

On 7/14/2022 at 6:51 AM, GregVsMatt said:

I've heard that those zoom interviews will be published mostly in August 

So what happened?!

19 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Surprisingly I know a few non Madonna fans that jumped to buy this album, and even the 6LP version. 
And I also noticed that non fans love the yellow cover art

Well it’s a good collection if you like remixes. If someone I was a casual fan of did a release like this I’d probably be into it. I do feel though there are many people even Madonna fans who just don’t really like remixes also. So it’s not for everybody.

47 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

https://fb.watch/f4zeyBi5fK/

There is an unboxing on Facebook of the boxset, some of the comments were saying they had misprints with the vinyls 

EED164A1-76F6-4D12-82AD-A9EC761917DA.png

I can't see the picture very well but if it's the wrinkled paper replica I believe the black one from fnac is like this

The more I listen to FEL 50, the more out of place Keep It Together is. OK, it reached no 1, but it's a second tier song that means nothing to the general public, just like Causing Commation. 

Since she took to many liberties with the first 10 tracks, I wouldn't have minded if there was something else more iconic instead of it. Burning Up (Remix Edit)?

Causing A Commotion was an internationally released hit from a well promoted film. It sold loads and was top ten in most countries and deserves its place here hand over fist when companred to Keep It Together which was an amazing closer on Blond Ambition but was a 5th single with no video that was only a minor hit in the few territories it was released in. I'm still glad to have it on this collection. I love the single remix too. Not mad about this slightly frankensteined mix. 

I like how there are some wild cards on the collection though. Can't argue with Billboard I suppose.

8 hours ago, Tex20 said:

Does anybody know how quickly the 6LP vinyl Box Set of FEL sold in pre-sales on Madonna.com and Rhino.com? I’m assuming that different suppliers would have sold out at different times? 

M US Store sold out first temporarily and they restocked but still sold out in 3 days.

Followed by Rough Trade US & South America Fanatic.

Drowned World Record sold out almost at the same time.

The Dig sold out faster than M UK Store (I guess the shipping is relatively cheaper)

M UK store sold out in less than 1 week.

It took a while for Rhino to sell out due to its exorbitant shipping cost.

Due to shipping restriction, WB Canada & WB Australia sold out in 2 weeks.

Lastly, WB Japan made it available for purchase by 3rd week of May. Due to shipping restriction and higher cost in both boxset & shipping, it took WB Japan 6 weeks to sell out all their stock (End June)

The rest are history.

Occasionally there's cancelled order available for order on M US Store & WB Canada, but it sold out quicker than the ray of light.

Ugh… my amazon silver copy was stolen as it arrived early with little warning.  So dealing with that.  Yay — LA Apartment living.

Listened to the entire album on my iPhone last night on the plane.  So much fun stuff.  My fav of the previously unreleased stuff is Impressive Instant which remains Instantly Impressive and I last heard it out at the clubs a bazillion years ago.

My main quibble is SPOTLIGHT would have been a much better pick than Physical Attraction in my humble opinion.  I love Love LOVE SPOTLIGHT and it is the classic Madonna message and it’s long lack of love baffles me.  This would have been fun on oh-so-many tours.  Oh dear me — when will I ever be able to say FINALLY, ENOUGH SPOTLIGHT?!

But other than that — I think M chose a lot of fun remixes.  I was a Maxi-single Fanatic way back when so many of these were fun to hear again and I often agreed with her picks as far as which remix.  

Edited by Markdonna (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, truerebel said:

So Fanc JUST canceled my clear vinyl order?? TODAY??? after I placed the order months ago????? WTF HAPPENED with these sites canceling orders out of nowhere! Clearly, the amount pre-sold had to be allotted before they confirmed payment...I am LIVID!

AND who the F**k are Steps???? :Madonna008:

Series 3 Steps GIF by BBC Three

21 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

M US Store sold out first temporarily and they restocked but still sold out in 3 days.

Followed by Rough Trade US & South America Fanatic.

Drowned World Record sold out almost at the same time.

The Dig sold out faster than M UK Store (I guess the shipping is relatively cheaper)

M UK store sold out in less than 1 week.

It took a while for Rhino to sell out due to its exorbitant shipping cost.

Due to shipping restriction, WB Canada & WB Australia sold out in 2 weeks.

Lastly, WB Japan made it available for purchase by 3rd week of May. Due to shipping restriction and higher cost in both boxset & shipping, it took WB Japan 6 weeks to sell out all their stock (End June)

The rest are history.

Occasionally there's cancelled order available for order on M US Store & WB Canada, but it sold out quicker than the ray of light.

Thanks for this accurate rundown. 
I don’t get people who complain now about missing out and the secondary market prices. I feel like there were many opportunities to snatch a copy at retail value.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic