Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Got my boxset today and standard 16 track black vinyl on release day, happy with that.

Having the box set is a special feeling, wont ever sell it but it makes me feel less bad about not owning some of the other records that go for a mint now.

Glad I took the plunge on Rhinos crazy shipping to the UK instead of trusting the UK store that implied a restock that never happened.

Edited by Gdog (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Thanks for this accurate rundown. 
I don’t get people who complain now about missing out and the secondary market prices. I feel like there were many opportunities to snatch a copy at retail value.

WB Japan (CDJapan Proxy Shopping) had the boxset for 6 long weeks.

I remember ppl were saying there would be stock upon the date of release but sadly nothing.

I guess they thought there would be leftover boxset waiting for them to purchase? 

In fact, when some fans reported M UK Store cancelled their pre-orders, it's a warning sign for those who had yet to make the purchase.

HMV Japan had very limited stock upon release, selling at around 330 USD (2x WB Japan price) but snapped up by Japanese fans in less than 1 minute.

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

ALSO I know many fans who have zero interest in this compilation because it is just a bunch of remixes we already have. Each to their own. I am very happy to have a big vinyl box set with lots of different remixes. Is it perfect? No. Compilations never are as the selections are based on personal preference. Even TIC had complaints that the songs were remixes and that Who’s That Girl or Dress You Up were missing.

And no Causing A Commotion 😜🤣

hi yesterday i receive my box set 6 lp  from rhino music warner canada all is perfect:hearteyes::heart::flower:  for all the other 4 lp last week  silver red black and transparent from indie stote and amazon and finally the 3 cd edition and the 1  cd edition. ... the next i want is the japsn 3  cd but sadly no bonus track the quality box sound the same ??? you have more detail? thanks advance:Madonna015:

1 hour ago, musicman said:

hi yesterday i receive my box set 6 lp  from rhino music warner canada all is perfect:hearteyes::heart::flower:  for all the other 4 lp last week  silver red black and transparent from indie stote and amazon and finally the 3 cd edition and the 1  cd edition. ... the next i want is the japsn 3  cd but sadly no bonus track the quality box sound the same ??? you have more detail? thanks advance:Madonna015:

Yeah Japanese almost like the rest! 

14 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

That's what I thought when  I preordered : IDSIF is fun enough for a vinyl spin, the 49 others will sound better on CD anyway 💿

I was (and remain) obsessed with that IDSIF the minute I first heard it on MADAME X.  I simply adore that a lyric from it was chosen to be the title of the compilation.   Simply brilliant!  And fitting, I must say.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic