Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

@Brendonshayartlove this!!!!! And you got some excellent praise in the latest Inside The Groove episode too :clapp:

This is actually my exact idea in my mind @Brendonshayart each vinyl got its own pic / art… maybe adding a colored background for each pic would be cool… like for example Music could be blue, Confessions purple or dark pink…etc 🙌🏼

20 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

Yep gone neighbours know nothing about it and I tryst them I sometimes take parcels in for them also 

Sometimes when they don't left notes or they delivered the parcel the next working day.

Last weeks they were strikes so i imagine some delays and lack of staff.

Did you check at your local depot with the tracking info? It's not the first time I'm waiting for something and ends up there without notice.

7 hours ago, Jackie said:

Yes, that would have been good!

The should have replicated the queen greatest hits 6LP boxset.
Each vinyl had its own color with a real cardboard outer sleeve with a photo from that era matching the vinyl color. And a printed inner sleeve with all the single covers included on that specific disc. 
And the book is much nicer quality and packed with images. Somehow all that was cheaper than the FEL box

5 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Just having a silly and poor imitation of color back ground like Warhol serigraphies is just so so so easy and seen millions time.

The design of this record is just a sad result. With so much material, doing something so cheap ? Why ?

Haha have you seen the Madonna releases for the past 40 years? She always wanted her releases as minimal as possible. 
I wouldn’t call it sad. It’s still a pretty nice boxset I think but more could have been done.

At the end of the day why try harder? It’s sold out and reselling for crazy prices. They’re not gathering dust in some warehouse 

12 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

@Brendonshayartlove this!!!!! And you got some excellent praise in the latest Inside The Groove episode too :clapp:

This is amazing. @Brendonshayart would you be so kind in giving us a HQ of only the front cover art for this?

For those of us who prefer your cover and want to use it for the 50 track version on iTunes, etc...

Many thanks in advance!

Madonna fan's are pretty talented.  She could have held a contest to design the cover.  That would have been fun.   I actually submitted something foe the Rebel Heart video.  I have never figured out if it was used in some small way as the video moves so fast and the kaleidoscope effect contains so many effects and colors.  The video was very cool.

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

Sometimes when they don't left notes or they delivered the parcel the next working day.

Last weeks they were strikes so i imagine some delays and lack of staff.

Did you check at your local depot with the tracking info? It's not the first time I'm waiting for something and ends up there without notice.

Got it now thank god they put it in their back garden 

21 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

i still dont consider PA a dance track - i mean i love it but to me its not a dance song and i dont get why it was ever included on YCD ....

It's definitely a dance track - here it appears on the Billboard Dance / Disco chart on April 30, 1983 - it was sent to clubs as a double A side with Burning Up and as stand alone promo 7" etc 

burning-up-april-30-dance-chart-633.png

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's definitely a dance track - here it appears on the Billboard Dance / Disco chart on April 30, 1983 - it was sent to clubs as a double A side with Burning Up and as stand alone promo 7" etc 

burning-up-april-30-dance-chart-633.png

Yeah but that also has Thomas Dolby's 'Blinded Me With Science," which, yes, you can technically dance to it but it's always been considered just an 80s pop song, not specifically "Dance." Seems anything with a synth line qualifies as dance to some industry ppl.

2 minutes ago, Winn said:

Yeah but that also has Thomas Dolby's 'Blinded Me With Science," which, yes, you can technically dance to it but it's always been considered just an 80s pop song, not specifically "Dance." Seems anything with a synth line qualifies as dance to some industry ppl.

Not Physical Attraction because it is indeed a dance song. :D

16 minutes ago, Winn said:

You need to look at what was considered dance music in 1982/1983, Physical Attraction was current and played in clubs 

30 minutes ago, Winn said:

Okay fine but at least admit PA slows things down  a bit on You Can Dance when it mixes in lol

To me, the way it was positioned in YCD was suitable as we come from an energetic remix and rework of Everybody. Think of it as a cool down dance song. After that, we shift to Side B with Over and Over and pick up the pace again. :D

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic