Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

4 hours ago, Roy said:

To me, the way it was positioned in YCD was suitable as we come from an energetic remix and rework of Everybody. Think of it as a cool down dance song. After that, we shift to Side B with Over and Over and pick up the pace again. :D

I L-O-V-E "PA" was it was a last minute addition to "You Can Dance", that's why it's just the album version and not remixed or anything.

"You Can Dance" was going to be a 6-track EP, released in pre-Christmas 1986. After delaying it to 1987, it looks like Warner decided to add "Physical Attraction" to round it up a little bit and sell it as a full album price?

From "Billboard", November 26 1986:

ycd-billboard-nov-29-1986.png?w=550&h=47

More:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2018/11/29/today-in-madonna-history-november-29-1986/

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2007/you-can-dancejust-not-yet/

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I L-O-V-E "PA" was it was a last minute addition to "You Can Dance", that's why it's just the album version and not remixed or anything.

"You Can Dance" was going to be a 6-track EP, released in pre-Christmas 1986. After delaying it to 1987, it looks like Warner decided to add "Physical Attraction" to round it up a little bit and sell it as a full album price?

More:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2018/11/29/today-in-madonna-history-november-29-1986/

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2007/you-can-dancejust-not-yet/

You know that PA was loved when they had to delay the release of YCD just to add her in. I knew that Madonna loved her so much and now, PA belongs in another family. :Madonna041:

What a time to be alive as a Physical Attraction stan. :heart:

10 hours ago, Roy said:

It may not be very fast paced song but it's a mid-tempo song where you just want to do a small dance moment when you're cleaning your room.

So it's still a dance song. :D

At 117 bpm is just below the most popular dance tracks but still in the dance tempo. It's the kinda of music you can do more swing and thrust. (reggaeton all goes between 88-120bpm)

And the lyrics kinda suggest the more sexual approach to it.

80s dance music is an evolution of the disco scene and most part of disco tracks are in the lower side 115-130, with exceptions of course.

2 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

At 117 bpm is just below the most popular dance tracks but still in the dance tempo. It's the kinda of music you can do more swing and thrust. (reggaeton all goes between 88-120bpm)

And the lyrics kinda suggest the more sexual approach to it.

80s dance music is an evolution of the disco scene and most part of disco tracks are in the lower side 115-130, with exceptions of course.

Yeah, it's indeed a slow dance track but a very good one. :D

And it's cool to know that disco evolved into the 80s dance pop genre, which has inspired a lot of songs now in terms of production.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:15 AM, Vasili said:

I can't find the interview online to recall the details of it, sorry. Does anybody have this as a scan or live text please?

It's the 1994 Details magazine interview where she relates the journalist's interviewing style to rape.

FYI @musicinferno

You can now find scans of this article here:

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/32884-requests-for-hq-scans-otcoam/?do=findComment&comment=1057685

26 minutes ago, Ian said:

CROATIA (International Albums):

01 (21) 2 Finally Enough Love (Standard)

04 (07) 2 Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

another Number 1 !

Great!!

Updated chart positions:

#1 Australia

#1 Netherlands

#1 Belgium

#1 Portugal

#1 Croatia - NEW

#2 Germany

#2 France

#2 Italy

#2 Spain

#2 Ireland

#2 Scotland

#2 Switzerland

#3 UK

#3 Hungary

#7 Canada

#7 Austria

#8 US

#9 Poland

#13 Czech Republic

#18 Finland

#22 Japan (Weekly Album Ranking Oricon)

#37 Sweden

#39 New Zealand

#89 Slovakia

Number Ones so far: 5

Top 3s so far: 14

Top 10s so far: 19

On 9/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, Prayer said:

Actually from this article it looks like EVERYBODY was a last minute addition.

PA is said to be most likely included, no mention of Everybody.

(BTW I always felt that three songs from the first album in sequence on side A were too many)

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

@Roy : Physical Attraction = @Shoful: Future

#doingsomemath

it's probably because I was listening physical attraction in the 80’s when the first album came out .. but I swear if I still hear it mentioned once in this post I throw myself off the balcony !!  

suicide-pigeon-jumps-off-building-pigeon

On 9/7/2022 at 4:00 AM, Scor-pi-o said:

wow I wonder If all the vinyls would have gone out the first week if it would have gone to no 1?????

I saw Nicki Minaj released her first greatest hits.  She currently has a top 3 single in most of the world featured on it and she only got to No 10 In the USA, 61 Australia and 64 UK.  I think M did great

42 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

wow I wonder If all the vinyls would have gone out the first week if it would have gone to no 1?????

I saw Nicki Minaj released her first greatest hits.  She currently has a top 3 single in most of the world featured on it and she only got to No 10 In the USA, 61 Australia and 64 UK.  I think M did great

I was wondering as well, if FEL had taken the top spot in the UK, if the vinyl box sets had been sent out in time…

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

Maybe not #1 (Steps' game was strong) but surely #2.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic