Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

5 minutes ago, Shoful said:

When are we thinking the next release will be announced? After this one comes out or after the full 50 song version?

The latest press release for the "Ray Of Light" remix said:

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

So let's see. The 40th anniversary of "Everybody", her debut single, is in October 2022, so I guess around that time.

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

So let's see. The 40th anniversary of "Everybody", her debut single, is in October 2022, so I guess around that time.

Wooo super exciting! I hope they release like a timeline of things. I hate when everything is secretive and prolonged 

4 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Wooo super exciting! I hope they release like a timeline of things. I hate when everything is secretive and prolonged 

Yeah but at the same time they need time for fans to breathe (and fill up their wallets again!) between releases. :cute: We all want to know everything that's coming and when and how, but that's not how it works. The surprise and "wow" factor is important too.

I guess the fact that the "Finally Enough Love" 6 LP box set is completely sold out is a good indicator and Warner is happy. So let's see what's announced next... maybe "Madonna 40"? Let's see.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yeah but at the same time they need time for fans to breathe (and fill up their wallets again!) between releases. :cute: We all want to know everything that's coming and when and how, but that's not how it works. The surprise and "wow" factor is important too.

I guess the fact that the "Finally Enough Love" 6 LP box set is completely sold out is a good indicator and Warner is happy. So let's see what's announced next... maybe "Madonna 40"? Let's see.

Let’s hope they announce Madonna 40 and Erotica 30 at the same time. I’m ready to spend!

28 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Let’s hope they announce Madonna 40 and Erotica 30 at the same time. I’m ready to spend!

Actually "Erotica 30" this October could be... happening? We all know it's one of her faves (and a fan fave), it's the 30th anniversary and the timing is perfect. A September announcement and pre-orders with a late October release is a possibility but still it's a little bit close to "Finally Enough Love" in August... let's see!

tumblr_lwgpb6GlkA1r18azjo1_500.gifv

Exciting times ahead anyway!

I agree with @wtg1987 that what we need is something that is totally unheard. The LFL remix may be unreleased but basically coincides with the tour version of the song we're all familiar with, so for many of us it's not as exciting as a new song would be. As M says, I've heard it all before...

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

I expect another release (hopefully erotica) around October November and a presale for it around her birthday 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I’d love for it to be Erotica (it’s my favorite album) but despite it being a fan favorite, it’s also her least streamed album to date. I do hope a deluxe re-issue of it would come sometimes in the future, but I just can’t picture it coming first.

I would expect them to start reissuing the less popular or previously unreleased on vinyl albums first. Because her most streamed albums don’t need a boost. 
Also Erotica is not very popular but it’s a favorite amongst the people that covered her catalogue on YouTube and general music collectors love it

12 hours ago, Shoful said:

I hate when everything is secretive and prolonged 

Well prepare to be annoyed because I can't see them announcing any kind of timeline. They will want hype and to keep fans guessing and panicking. I mean this release for example was announced as soon as pre-sales started. And the FOMO has done wonders with the boxset already selling out.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I would expect them to start reissuing the less popular or previously unreleased on vinyl albums first. Because her most streamed albums don’t need a boost. 
Also Erotica is not very popular but it’s a favorite amongst the people that covered her catalogue on YouTube and general music collectors love it

It would be cool if they did Erotica first. I suspect they're going to do "anniversary" editions so that means Madonna, Erotica and Ray of Light are all the obvious first choices. There is also American Life next year but would they prioritise that one over the more iconic ones?

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

I’d love for it to be Erotica (it’s my favorite album) but despite it being a fan favorite, it’s also her least streamed album to date. I do hope a deluxe re-issue of it would come sometimes in the future, but I just can’t picture it coming first.

Same. And its her 40th career anniversary at the same time so I dont know theyd want to celebrate that by highlighting the era that almost ended her career. It's probably going to be the first album first then Ray of Light I reckon. It really makes sense to focus on "the album that started it all" or the album that was her "creative peak."

And you know both Madonna and Guy O are most proud of ROL. It's always brought up as a career highlight. (Rightly so.)

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic