Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

Expecting a 50-track collection of REMIXES (not album tracks) to be remastered from the original multitracks is not realistic. I’m sure in most cases the multitracks simply don’t exist and just the final product was delivered.

As @Roysaid, they seem to have done a good job, at least listening to the 16-track version. The boosting is subtle and not overdone. This is not “True Blue 35th” (I hate what they did to the album tracks on that collection) or “Celebration”. But yeah, you can tell the difference if you compare “Like A Prayer” and “Express Yourself” with the originals remixes on the digital EPs. To me, those two are borderline “too much” but luckily not there yet.

Well to me then it’s not remastered as you guys have been saying - if I make a cd using Nero express - it adjusts the volumes of all songs to the same level even really old songs I would use from 80s - didn’t someone say deeper was a bit distorted too ? Sound wise- I can’t wait to hear keep it together what they have done with that as it’s one of my favourite shep mixes 😋

21 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Well to me then it’s not remastered as you guys have been saying - if I make a cd using Nero express - it adjusts the volumes of all songs to the same level even really old songs I would use from 80s - didn’t someone say deeper was a bit distorted too ? Sound wise- I can’t wait to hear keep it together what they have done with that as it’s one of my favourite shep mixes 😋

I think if you burn disc to a blank CD regardless of software, it won't affect the volume based from my experience.

D&D is a little distorted, especially on the kicks but other than that, it's all good. :D

1 hour ago, Nowheretohide said:

I perceive a subtle irony...

No. They did an amazing job with Everybody in You Can Dance. I've never liked too much the original version. But the remix is incredible. And the 2022 remaster is basically the same but with the EQ changed a little, the volume up, and the dynamic range compressed.

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No. They did an amazing job with Everybody in You Can Dance. I've never liked too much the original version. But the remix is incredible.

I agree that Everybody is fantastic in the YCD remixes version (I never liked the original version) .

I understood that you was referring to the "remastering". The brilliance of Everybody in FEL derives more from the work done for the 1987 remix, rather from the present "remastering"...

9 minutes ago, Nowheretohide said:

I understood that you was referring to the "remastering". The brilliance of Everybody in FEL derives more from the work done for the 1987 remix, rather from the present "remastering"...

Yes,  of course I mean that. The brilliance of Everybody in FEL derives more from the work done for the 1987 remix, rather from the present "remastering" because (I'll say again) the 2022 remaster is basically the same but with the EQ changed a little, the volume up, and the dynamic range compressed.

In fact I prefer to play the original remix instead the 2022 remaster (It's good to change the EQ a little but I'm sorry, I can't stand the songs with the dynamic range too compressed)

14 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Can we give a name to that person who looks kinda like Madonna... but certainly is NOT Madonna. The one who so casually appears in the screenshot of that video above. 

This bitch

7b68972c4d7c85df63cfadb04b962026.jpg

Yeah that’s definitely not Madonna. That’ll be mymadonnaluvin.

Thank f*ck there was no Facetune in the 90’s

On 7/3/2022 at 8:07 AM, xavier said:

Loving the album. Just one grip 

Hung Up is billed as vocal remix edit. Lol It’s a Dub as far as I’m concerned. She does not sing any verses just chorus. Oh well

It is a dub. Stuart Price promoted the track without vocals in clubs beforehand, then he created the vocal track adding the chorus bit. I remember the first two versions that leaked were just like an instrumental and the dub/vocal.

So maybe that's why it got named as vocal mix instead.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Hung Up is not a dub. The first verse is edited out of the edit of that remix edit. But the second verse is in there as well as the choruses and bridge. The dub is a separate remix.

I think you are right, but I'm not sure about the bridge (I can't keep on waiting for you...") ... isn't it completely missing from the SDP mixes? 

20 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Can we give a name to that person who looks kinda like Madonna... but certainly is NOT Madonna. The one who so casually appears in the screenshot of that video above. 

This bitch

7b68972c4d7c85df63cfadb04b962026.jpg

In retrospect maybe that's where she found Ricardo Gomes, he was running that MyMadonnaluvin account.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic