Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

8 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I don't. Can you elaborate about it? 

I can't find the interview online to recall the details of it, sorry. Does anybody have this as a scan or live text please?

It's the 1994 Details magazine interview where she relates the journalist's interviewing style to rape.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:06 AM, Roy said:

So far, I am guessing that remixes from the debut album down to Bedtime Stories, there will be compression and dramatic EQ'ing while Ray of Light remixes onward will have less or no compression and more on EQ'ing but just less dramatic or more subtle.

Welp...

ru-paul-drag-race-i-cant-wait-to-see-how-this-turns-out.gif.c0b36b0519a8e7d31513f62fa9c39fb7.gif

Makes sense. In the end, the older the quieter... and more need to boost them up. The most recent ones don't really need it, but...

Gotta say that I don't LOVE "Like A Prayer" or "Express Yourself" on the Standard, in that respect. But it's not terrible either.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:06 AM, Roy said:

So far, I am guessing that remixes from the debut album down to Bedtime Stories, there will be compression and dramatic EQ'ing while Ray of Light remixes onward will have less or no compression and more on EQ'ing but just less dramatic or more subtle.

Welp...

ru-paul-drag-race-i-cant-wait-to-see-how-this-turns-out.gif.c0b36b0519a8e7d31513f62fa9c39fb7.gif

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

Makes sense. In the end, the older the quieter... and more need to boost them up. The most recent ones don't really need it, but...

Gotta say that I don't LOVE "Like A Prayer" or "Express Yourself" on the Standard, in that respect. But it's not terrible either.

Ray of Light will be an interesting one to watch. Her vocals on Ray of Light are mixed darker than normal. Actually most guitars sound darker than normal too... It will be interesting to see if they try and adjust this or keep it the way it was made. (listen to Ray of Light (song) and switch to Give it 2 Me (or any song from any other album really besides Rebel Heart) to hear the difference with vocal frequencies)

With remixes from different sources coming together on Finally Enough Love it makes sense to adjust a bunch of stuff, but with whole albums that already sound cohesive.... minus Rebel Heart, Im curious how they will approach it. Hopefully Mike Dean respects the decisions that were made at the time and doesn't just boost just for the sake of boosting. 

Actually now after writing that... Rebel Heart will be an interesting one to watch as well. It could benefit the most from boosting certain parts and fixing alot of errors IMHO. 

For instance the "Bitch get off my pole" vocal is very muffled compared to most vocals, and Holy Water as a whole sounds very quiet in the beginning. Makes the listener want to press skip. by the end it sounds good, but something is off in the beginning. 

18 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Ray of Light will be an interesting one to watch. Her vocals on Ray of Light are mixed darker than normal. Actually most guitars sound darker than normal too... It will be interesting to see if they try and adjust this or keep it the way it was made. (listen to Ray of Light (song) and switch to Give it 2 Me (or any song from any other album really besides Rebel Heart) to hear the difference with vocal frequencies)

With remixes from different sources coming together on Finally Enough Love it makes sense to adjust a bunch of stuff, but with whole albums that already sound cohesive.... minus Rebel Heart, Im curious how they will approach it. Hopefully Mike Dean respects the decisions that were made at the time and doesn't just boost just for the sake of boosting. 

Actually now after writing that... Rebel Heart will be an interesting one to watch as well. It could benefit the most from boosting certain parts and fixing alot of errors IMHO. 

For instance the "Bitch get off my pole" vocal is very muffled compared to most vocals, and Holy Water as a whole sounds very quiet in the beginning. Makes the listener want to press skip. by the end it sounds good, but something is off in the beginning. 

The waveform for Holy Water is weird.

image_2022-07-09_180713451.thumb.png.fcde5726b5c9d14ba3052eab603072b8.png

The first 1/3rd of the waveform seems to have a limiter added to it then the rest don't. I personally have no issue with how it is mixed but it's more on how it is mastered because again, it is weird.

Rebel Heart, in general, has a lot of mixing and mastering errors but it's because she had to have everything remixed and redone quick and fast following the massive leak. I wonder how the reissue will be done, if it will stick to the "Rebel" release and the "Heart" release concept.

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

The waveform for Holy Water is weird.

image_2022-07-09_180713451.thumb.png.fcde5726b5c9d14ba3052eab603072b8.png

The first 1/3rd of the waveform seems to have a limiter added to it then the rest don't. I personally have no issue with how it is mixed but it's more on how it is mastered because again, it is weird.

Rebel Heart, in general, has a lot of mixing and mastering errors but it's because she had to have everything remixed and redone quick and fast following the massive leak. I wonder how the reissue will be done, if it will stick to the "Rebel" release and the "Heart" release concept.

"Rebel Heart" has that "mixtape" feel as a result of having a thousand writers and producers. And volume issues between tracks. It's true it's the less polished of her albums, even less than "MDNA". But that also made it kinda fresh back then (not that much now... it's a great album but I think is not going to age that well).

I think she works best when she has a limited set of producers, 2-3 maximum. It helps her make a cohesive work.

Back to "Finally", we still have a month and a half until the Deluxe and physical releases. Do we think we're gonna get another pre-release track before August 19? Let's see...

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Back to "Finally", we still have a month and a half until the Deluxe and physical releases. Do we think we're gonna get another pre-release track before August 19? Let's see...

With so many tracks, I am hoping to get two more pre-release tracks.  And why are fourteen of the already released tracks not available on the fifty song version?  Two of them are so it is a bit silly.  

Does anyone else use Apple Music? 

If the whole strategy of releasing the 16 track edition first is to up her streams before the 50 track edition drops, Apple Music is severely messing that up.  Currently only the 50 track Edition shows up on her profile... you have to click on that one and then scroll to the bottom and click on "Other Editions" to even get to the 16 track edition. 

This also calls into question whether it's two different things or two versions of the same. When they first appeared a few weeks ago they were side by side on her profile.

The music industry is a mess right now. 

14 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Does anyone else use Apple Music? 

If the whole strategy of releasing the 16 track edition first is to up her streams before the 50 track edition drops, Apple Music is severely messing that up.  Currently only the 50 track Edition shows up on her profile... you have to click on that one and then scroll to the bottom and click on "Other Editions" to even get to the 16 track edition. 

This also calls into question whether it's two different things or two versions of the same. When they first appeared a few weeks ago they were side by side on her profile.

The music industry is a mess right now. 

I do. Yes, it's messy but that's Apple Music's fault, not Madonna or her team. Apple Music automatically groups different versions of an album into one, and then the others editions of the same album show under that one.

Currently the 16-track version should be the highlighted version there but now, it's the 50-track version. Which will be useful when that one is out, but not at the moment.

I guess Warner could ask Apple Music to showcase the 16-track version now and the Deluxe from August 19, but...

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Different how? I still hear all the distortion 

Seems like there is a compressor used on the video remix. I can tell because the beginning acapella part is loud and as the first beat drops, there's a sudden change of volume and dynamics. Not to mention, the highs are very shrill.

1713169924_Screenshot2022-07-11062609.thumb.jpg.33b50f59158cf99a2ec8f084812948bc.jpg

Top one is the audio from the video remix and bottom is from the album. Just as I suspected, there is indeed compression going on in the video remix audio but the drums doesn't sound distorted unlike in the FEL remix album but made some part of the song sound compressed and crushed. Also, the fade out is different as the video remix is a tad longer.

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

1713169924_Screenshot2022-07-11062609.thumb.jpg.33b50f59158cf99a2ec8f084812948bc.jpg

Top one is the audio from the video remix and bottom is from the album. Just as I suspected, there is indeed compression going on in the video remix audio but the drums doesn't sound distorted unlike in the FEL remix album but made some part of the song sound compressed and crushed. Also, the fade out is different as the video remix is a tad longer.

The upper graphic shows a wav less compressed. 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Yeah he messed something up with that one. The drums sound like the drums on Voices. 🫣. Where did you pull the audio from? 

Apple Music sounds better now. I feel like they might have fixed it. The beginning still sounds softer than it should be, but the cymbals aren't as harsh. 🤔

Unless Im just trippin. 

21 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Yeah he messed something up with that one. The drums sound like the drums on Voices. 🫣. Where did you pull the audio from? 

Apple Music sounds better now. I feel like they might have fixed it. The beginning still sounds softer than it should be, but the cymbals aren't as harsh. 🤔

Unless Im just trippin. 

I downloaded mine somewhere. It's a TIDAL master. 24bit, 96000kHz, I think.

Lemme find an Apple Master and check and I will let you know. 😁

10 minutes ago, Roy said:

I downloaded mine somewhere. It's a TIDAL master. 24bit, 96000kHz, I think.

Lemme find an Apple Master and check and I will let you know. 😁

If they did change it, it must have been recently. Maybe they didn't send the whole CD when it was released, and then on release day they sent a new file for everything? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• RUADJAI changed the title to Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones
  • Enrico pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic